The SUV Dilemma

^^ Tucson is diesel too, a 2.0 185bhp 410nm torque unit which is arguably on par with the Germans in terms of refinement and pick up only let down a wee-bit by its automatic transmission which isnt bad at all but nowehere near the likes of the ZF8 and DSG transsmissions.
While XUV is a fantastic car especially after niggles are more sorted out now after the facelift, its unfair to compare Tucson and call it overpriced. Arguably Tucson is far more premium and a segment above, no offense to XUV at all but they are targeted to different people.
My brother owns a 1st gen XUV and Im planning to buy a Tucson myself soon.
All Im saying is neither is better than the other, they are both good at what they do.
Hyundai excels at refinement, better transmission, engine, interiors etc
XUV is better on the pocket, 7 seats, AWD, GC etc
Hello kkn,
No offence intended![:)] - personally I feel that this idolising & pedestal-ising of the German/Teutonic marques is misplaced today - with the VW family's infamous emissions-gate scandal, where they capitalised (for decades) on this idolising, by presenting themselves as techno-Gods, while all the time cheating on their competitors (& of course the public at large).

And also BMW's & Daimler-Benz' shady past with the apartheid regime in S.Africa coming to the fore since the last few years, clearly showed that they thumbed their noses at world opinion where human rights were concerned. - BMW Plant | Facts and Figures //// http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-shady-ties-with-apartheid-regime-in-south-af..

Undoubtedly the Germans are great engineers - but then, so are we. And it would be demeaning our own man-power techno-pool to assume that we would always be followers & the rest will always be leaders!
And once again, let me emphasise - no offence intended! Its just a matter of personal opinion.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
Hello kkn,
No offence intended![:)] - personally I feel that this idolising & pedestal-ising of the German/Teutonic marques is misplaced today - with the VW family's infamous emissions-gate scandal, where they capitalised (for decades) on this idolising, by presenting themselves as techno-Gods, while all the time cheating on their competitors (& of course the public at large).

And also BMW's & Daimler-Benz' shady past with the apartheid regime in S.Africa coming to the fore since the last few years, clearly showed that they thumbed their noses at world opinion where human rights were concerned. - BMW Plant | Facts and Figures //// The Automotive India – Car and Bike Forums..

Undoubtedly the Germans are great engineers - but then, so are we. And it would be demeaning our own man-power techno-pool to assume that we would always be followers & the rest will always be leaders!
And once again, let me emphasise - no offence intended! Its just a matter of personal opinion.
Very true!! I quite agree but European diesels were the most refined to drive of the bunch and now Toyota and Hyundai have started catching up big time , the emissions scandal has truly broken the spell for alot of car fads while their actual advantages are fast losing to the competition

Hello kkn,

And also BMW's & Daimler-Benz' shady past with the apartheid regime in S.Africa coming to the fore since the last few years, clearly showed that they thumbed their noses at world opinion where human rights were concerned. - BMW Plant | Facts and Figures //// The Automotive India – Car and Bike Forums..

There was an inadvertent error in my above post. Daimler-Benz' culpability in apartheid is shown in the link - Daimler AG's Shady Ties With Apartheid Regime In South Africa - Khulumani Support Group. Kindly ignore the link in the earlier post (The Automotive India – Car and Bike Forums..)

Last edited:
Who told you I haven't owned any car other than Tiago. We have an i10, i20 too and I owned dzire and grand i10 too. We have 3 houses in 3 locations so 3cars and if including family like yours then it would be multiple cars. But owning multiple cars (which I highly doubt someone car own 8 innovas lol) don't make you simply an expert. Hexa might be derived from Arias structure but is placed as new. I think resale is the only parameter you judge a car with and it too depends on case to case. You need to own a Hexa :P to make further comments.
Exactly said. If someone is too concerned about resale value before buying a car, they will better dont buy any car as they depreciate. Rather they can invest their money in gold or fixed deposit.

Top Bottom