The “Suggest Me New Mobile Phone” Thread

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Oneplus 7t is 35k. It would be much better to spend extra 7k and get OP8. Since it will be 10k above your budget I might suggest OP's cousin brand iq003. Flagship specs in budget.

Again if you move from Chinese products you will get lower specifications in other brands. Eg : samsung A51 @ 28k gets you chipset comparable to Snapdragon 665.

Galaxy a71 is much better at 33k which gets you Exynos 980 processor

I am attaching chipset comparison. Shortlist a phone and compare the performance.
Screenshot_20200611-224857.jpg

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Oneplus 7t is 35k. It would be much better to spend extra 7k and get OP8.
I’m willing to spend extra 5K only for OnePlus since I’ve heard all praises about this brand right from the beginning. OnePlus 8 is good to have but out of budget at Rs.45,000.

You can also wait for Oneplus Nord. You will get SD765 plus more goodies. Launch is happening on the 21st.
Spot on. I was about to ask regarding this model. Do let me know your personal opinion on it once it launches.

Drive Safe,
350Z

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Get the Oneplus nord without thinking. Buy the 30k variant. More than enough for your needs.

Screenshot_20200722-032307.jpg

Difference between one Plus Nord 8gb+128gb and nord 12gb+256gb is just 2000rs. In Oneplus 8 it's 5000rs[frustration] I will never understand company's pricing policies.

I bought the 6gb ram Oneplus 8 and now I am repenting. If I play COd and get a call the game restarts. Will post on their forum for answers.

Anyways buy the OP nord. [cheers]

350Z

Core Team
You will get SD765 plus more goodies
Is there a specific reason you stated SnapDragon 765 (in comparison to OnePlus 7T’s SnapDragon 855)?

Get the Oneplus nord without thinking. Buy the 30k variant. More than enough for your needs.
I watched its launch event last evening and almost finalized the Nord upon looking at its pricing. Yes, price difference is marginal though I’ll still get 128 GB since it’s more than sufficient for me.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I too am contemplating on a new Phone. my requirements below
1. Should not be Chinese ( I know all phones parts are made in china, but still let the phone company owner be a non Chinese entity)
2. Should be not more than 15K
3. pure android (if I am divulging sharing my details , let me share it with Sundar Pichai and not with Xi and his gangs)
4. I would prefer good build for the phone and would love a glass back
5. Ram 4 gb or more
6 Storage 64 GB, expandable is good to have feature.
7. 4G handset.
8. Decent camera set up I don't want any 100 MP camera or 10 cameras at the back one for macro one for zoom and one for wide-angle whereby I take picture of Saturns rings with ultra detail ;)

Phew, any other specification I have missed?

@vikyjoshi
Samsung Galaxy M21 would be suitable for you. AMOLED display, Exynos CPU, USB type C port, Triple rear camera setup which includes wideangle camera, 4k video recording, 6000 mAh battery yet not big or bulky. Bang for the buck I'd say.

It has One UI which is pretty decent and install Nova launcher to make it even better. There are few bloatwares which you can uninstall though.

If you really want stock android interface then I guess it is Nokia 7.2 but it costs 17k and not really worth.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Is there a specific reason you stated SnapDragon 765 (in comparison to OnePlus 7T’s SnapDragon 855)?

I watched its launch event last evening and almost finalized the Nord upon looking at its pricing. Yes, price difference is marginal though I’ll still get 128 GB since it’s more than sufficient for me.

Drive Safe,
350Z
SD855 is leaps ahead of SD765. But the phone will be costlier by 7k in comparison to the nord.
Pay the extra 2k for the ram , for me even 64Gb is enough. In the end your call.

Also nairrk replied to your query. My phone is always in a case so build type hardly matters to me.

You can also wait for Oneplus Nord. You will get SD765 plus more goodies. Launch is happening on the 21st.
I was waiting for OP Nord but ended up buying Realme X2 Pro due to better exchange value of Mi A2 (which was lagging a lot after Android Q update).
Realme pulled off a 0 to 100% charging time of 30 minutes flat by using 2x2000 mAh batteries and a 50W charger in the box [clap]

Here's a quick comparison of the two phones. I feel X2 Pro is VFM when compared to Nord.
1595454738540.png

Cost Breakup of X2 Pro:
1595454900928.png

Last edited:
After having experienced Oneplus quite enough (18 months), and then Galaxy Note 10 lite, today I am fully convinced that Apple products are by far the best. I like the ones which are handy, reliable and absolute quality stuff.
These loosening charging jacks etc disappoint me, hence even Oneplus is out of my lists now. Apple for me, get one, use for 3-4-5 years, pass it on to younger cousins, repeat.

I don't know what experts have to say, but the electronic engineering part of my degree has always told me that if components are coupled right, and software is correct - a hardware with even lower specs does outperform the one with higher. And I completely agree on this point after comparing all these young chaps with daddy Apple.

350Z

Core Team

Nairrk

Honoured Member
OnePlus Nord fails durability test

OnePlus Nord has failed the durability test, which raises some questions about its durability. As per a new video on YouTube, the smartphone failed the fire and bend tests

Yeah, I was just posting this. Now its very clear that Nord has polycarbonate chassis/frame and glass back panel. Unfortunately, they made structure weak which could bend on rear pocket or even in front pocket if you wear tight jeans. Hard case should make it little more durable but I rather like soft case for grip.

Micro camera and depth sensor are useless (Check mkbhd's detailed review) so they could have got rid of them and put aluminium chassis/frame instead. My old Honor 9 Lite had aluminium frame and even some 10k phones have it and they are very durable.

Also Nord has below average external loud speaker and no 3.5mm jack. :frown:

Top Bottom