The “Suggest Me New Mobile Phone” Thread

After 2 years of usage with iPhone 6,I had finally broke its front screen.Now,I'm considering iPhone SE or One Plus 5 or else I'll wait for iPhone 7S,which is getting launched on September 12th.

I think I'll go for iPhone SE mostly as I feel it's better speced than iPhone 6 and its priced well at ₹22K and it will satisfy my immediate needs.
Oneplus 5 hands-down, 8gb ram & dual camera is awesome!

Oneplus 5 hands-down, 8gb ram & dual camera is awesome!
But I don't have enough heart to go for One Plus 5 as I don't want to go to Android after getting used to iPhone and my dad has One Plus 3(not 3T),buying another One Plus doesn't make sense for me and my cousin,who uses OP3T(he already had One Plus One,One Plus 2 and his wife has One Plus 3) says,the contacts get synced automatically and he himself said he would sell his OP3T and go for iPhone SE(iPhone 4S was his last) and he is hating Android completely now.

But,I already used the same spec'ed One Plus 5,which is bought by my friend after launch and totally in love with its dual camera(though not in the leagues of iPhone 7 Plus),speed.But,I think I would go for another iPhone only,preferably iPhone SE or wait for 7S,as I don't want an Android again(my last Android was Nexus 5,which is used by mom now).The only thing which I like in Android is showing unknown name through Truecaller other than that I hate using Android and I don't want to end up getting bashed up by iPhone users and don't want to create a fight by comparing an iPhone with an Android phone.

After 2 years of usage with iPhone 6,I had finally broke its front screen.Now,I'm considering iPhone SE or One Plus 5 or else I'll wait for iPhone 7S,which is getting launched on September 12th.

I think I'll go for iPhone SE mostly as I feel it's better speced than iPhone 6 and its priced well at ₹22K and it will satisfy my immediate needs.
But I don't have enough heart to go for One Plus 5 as I don't want to go to Android after getting used to iPhone and my dad has One Plus 3(not 3T),buying another One Plus doesn't make sense for me and my cousin,who uses OP3T(he already had One Plus One,One Plus 2 and his wife has One Plus 3) says,the contacts get synced automatically and he himself said he would sell his OP3T and go for iPhone SE(iPhone 4S was his last) and he is hating Android completely now.

But,I already used the same spec'ed One Plus 5,which is bought by my friend after launch and totally in love with its dual camera(though not in the leagues of iPhone 7 Plus),speed.But,I think I would go for another iPhone only,preferably iPhone SE or wait for 7S,as I don't want an Android again(my last Android was Nexus 5,which is used by mom now).The only thing which I like in Android is showing unknown name through Truecaller other than that I hate using Android and I don't want to end up getting bashed up by iPhone users and don't want to create a fight by comparing an iPhone with an Android phone.
Get a grip first...phone can come later. You are way too confused than a normal person would be.

And you "don't want to end up getting bashed up by iPhone users".....like seriously??? hahahahahahaha

My dad is finding problem in using his One Plus 3.He complained me that a single contact number is showing two times and another problem which he found was a single contact number was sent to others in whatsapp.Hence,he is thinking to replace his OP3 with an iPhone SE or iPhone 7 as he got fed up with his OP3 and Android.His last phone before OP3 was an iPhone 6,which was stolen an year ago.

There is a plan whether he should buy an iPhone as primary phone and keep One Plus as second phone?What would you guys suggest?

Last edited:
I am looking for a phone. There so many brands/options in the mid range that I am totally confused. Hence decided to buy a top spec phone. Evaluated and eliminated lgv30 ( not in india yet and overall design not a wow), pixel 2 xl ( very heavy, boring design), i phone x ( the top notch makes it ugly. plus over priced), samsung s8 plus, note 8 ( very large). Finally zeroed in on samsung s8. I have two queries.
1. If anyone owns it, can you tell if its really good?. internet reviewers are going gaga over it. I have visited a shop and looked at it. it didnt look that special to me. appreciate any real feedback.
2. this is not available on my favorite place amazon. i am considering buying it from a physical store. its been ages since i bought a phone from a physical store. are they any disadvantages in buying from them?. ( for ex, if there is some major defect in the first 15 days, they might just ask to contact samsung instead of helping in replacement) . also, how do we ensure we are not sold a refurbished unit? i always wonder what do they with the display units.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
There's no problem if you buy it from a reputed shop. Ask your friends of a trusted place to buy from.

Anyways i am done spending on phones. Bought the samsung s6 for 45k 2 years back and now it will sell for just 6-7k.
S7 which was launched at 50k now sells for 30k after 1.5 years. After s9 it will come down to 22k-24k.
Samsung S8 is above 50k. S9 wil come in 6 months and the price of s8 will go down by 10k.

If you prefer amazon ,i don't know how you missed the oneplus 5. Obviously s8 is better in display and camera department but with op5 you save around 20k with same hardware , good(if not best) screen and decent camera.

Ask the shopkeeper to open the package seal in front of you. Usually it has plastic cover and there will be an official seal of the company which needs to be removed to open the packaging.

Last edited:
thanks a lot @allhyundaicars . you are right about the new launches and price drop. i even considered waiting for s9 since s8 will look old in a few months. but we will never be able to buy since s10 will come after a while :-)
I have seen one plus 5. but rejected it because its again a me too type of phone. ( no offence to any owners) moreover my current phone is a one plus x. so wanted to try something different.
Yah i am aware of the plastic cover and seal. But anything is possible today. Most probably i will go with croma which i consider trustworthy.

So,my 2.5 years old iPhone 6 screen got shattered for second time on Sunday and its not usable anymore.Now,I'm phoneless and thinking to buy an iPhone 7 32GB or Oneplus 5T 8GB RAM+128GB.If I source from US,I may buy an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus,which costs $699(iPhone 8) and $799(iPhone 8 Plus).Didn't want X as I prefer 8 Plus over X.What I need is,butter smooth experience(willing to use it for 2-2.5 years just like how I used my iPhone 6),service support and frequent OS updates.Budget-Rs.40-50K.My friends are suggesting me to go Oneplus 5T but I don't have enough heart to go for an Android phone or shall I go for iPhone 7?

Last edited:
So,my 2.5 years old iPhone 6 screen got shattered for second time on Sunday and its not usable anymore.Now,I'm phoneless and thinking to buy an iPhone 7 32GB or Oneplus 5T 8GB RAM+128GB.If I source from US,I may buy an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus,which costs $699(iPhone 8) and $799(iPhone 8 Plus).Didn't want X as I prefer 8 Plus over X.What I need is,butter smooth experience(willing to use it for 2-2.5 years just like how I used my iPhone 6),service support and frequent OS updates.Budget-Rs.40-50K.My friends are suggesting me to go Oneplus 5T but I don't have enough heart to go for an Android phone or shall I go for iPhone 7?
If you can extend your budget then IPhone 8 plus hands down. There are lot of bank offers going around which can give you a cash back of 10-12K.I would not suggest going for any android phone which costs more than 15k exception being pixel. But the price of pixel is decreasing on a daily basis with lot of offers around. You may look at Mi Note 5 pro if android is your choice. If buying an expensive phone, do invest on insurance [:)]. Thanks.

Last edited:
You should go for 7plus. There is very little difference in 7plus and 8plus.
Good exchange offers are available online as well as with Authorised Apple sellers.
There is no doubt Oneplus5T is selling like hotcake and the reviews are good, but it still comes with older Android 7 which is upgradeable.
As an IOS user myself since 5 years, i find it difficult to change and get used to Android platform.

You should go for 7plus. There is very little difference in 7plus and 8plus.
Good exchange offers are available online as well as with Authorised Apple sellers.
There is no doubt Oneplus5T is selling like hotcake and the reviews are good, but it still comes with older Android 7 which is upgradeable.
As an IOS user myself since 5 years, i find it difficult to change and get used to Android platform.
Ditto for an Ios user, its difficult to migrate to android devices. Net effective price for 7plus 32GB is INR56450 where as 8plus 64GB is 61850. Comparing this I feel 8plus makes sense.
Source: Offers – Imagine store : Imagine store

Thanks for the inputs brothers.Mostly I would buy an iPhone 7 as I’m an iPhone user since last 2.5 years and have other apple devices like iPad Mini 2 32GB too at home or else I’ll source an iPhone 8/8+ from US.

I’m 99% fixed for buying iPhone 7 but 1% fixed for Oneplus 5T.Heart says iPhone as I had iPhone before whereas mind says me to go for Oneplus 5T as its camera is good and the best android phone available right now.

Thanks for the inputs brothers.Mostly I would buy an iPhone 7 as I’m an iPhone user since last 2.5 years and have other apple devices like iPad Mini 2 32GB too at home or else I’ll source an iPhone 8/8+ from US.

I’m 99% fixed for buying iPhone 7 but 1% fixed for Oneplus 5T.Heart says iPhone as I had iPhone before whereas mind says me to go for Oneplus 5T as its camera is good and the best android phone available right now.
Are you still liking iPhones even after 11 update? It's laggy, freezing and crashing like any basic Android phone. Feel like cheated of choosing Apple paying a premium.

Further, battery back up is almost none. I charge twice a day now (with minimal usage) against once a day before 11 update. They are releasing OS updates almost every month which is like Mi and still it's the same. PS: Updating to 11.2.6 as I type this message.

Last edited:

All the comparison of camera features and quality of oneplus5T is in comparison to Iphone, Pixel and S8/Note8. So its not that Oneplus5T superior to others, its just par with the others in comparison.

Top Bottom