The “Suggest Me New Mobile Phone” Thread

Re: What's Hot in Mobile Phone Industry?

Lost my phone yesterday, so planning to buy a new one , zeroed on moto g5plus will be ordering from Flipkart soon , any other phone recommendation from anyone my budget will be 17-18k max

Re: What's Hot in Mobile Phone Industry?

Lost my phone yesterday, so planning to buy a new one , zeroed on moto g5plus will be ordering from Flipkart soon , any other phone recommendation from anyone my budget will be 17-18k max
Lenovo Vibe K5? Most specs match & cheaper as well. I have been using for the last month & my colleagues (2 of them) are using for the last 6+ months.

kkn13

Suspended
Mi5 is absolutely beautiful
Very underrated
Just get a good silicone case and itll be good
Redmi Note 4 is also good and next sale is on 13th April

Hi TAI-gers. I'm looking for a new mobile within range of Rs.20 – 25K. Considering Moto Z at this moment. Please suggest better existing / upcoming options.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Moto Z, One Plus 3t, Mi5 hands down
Good phones but each caters to different people
All 3 have similar hardware, in fact OP3t and Mi5 have the exact same, even camera. Only battery, storage, display, ram and build is different.
Moto Z is awesome but only if you plan on buying Moto mods otherwise OP3t is vfm
If you want same stuff as OP3t but sleeker, lighter and smaller display, then Mi5 is better

350Z

Core Team
There are few phones under Rs.25000 recommended by many reviewers. See here one of the report.

They recommend Xiaomi Mi 5, Moto Z Play, Asus ZenFone 3 ZE520KL, Oppo F1 Plus & BlackBerry DTEK50

Please see Here for more details
Choose between Sony Xperia X or Oneplus 2.

Here is a comparison
Moto z is 40k. Moto z play will be in your budget and the phone looks good for the price.
Increase your budget a little and get the one plus 3t. The best phone for 30k. One plus 3 retails for 28k. 3t has better bigger battery , better processor and better front camera for 2k. If you dont want the extra performance buy the normal 3 variant.
Just caleed the service center to ask for the screen replacement price. One plus 3t's cost 10k. My dad uses one plus x (bought for 17) and guess what's the screen replacement cost ? 10k[frustration]
Moto Z, One Plus 3t, Mi5 hands down
Good phones but each caters to different people
All 3 have similar hardware, in fact OP3t and Mi5 have the exact same, even camera. Only battery, storage, display, ram and build is different.
Moto Z is awesome but only if you plan on buying Moto mods otherwise OP3t is vfm
If you want same stuff as OP3t but sleeker, lighter and smaller display, then Mi5 is better
Thanks. I'm hesitant to buy from relatively new brands. I've shortlisted the following as of now: Moto Z Play, OnePlus 3, Oppo F1 Plus and HTC Desire Pro.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks. I'm hesitant to buy from relatively new brands. I've shortlisted the following as of now: Moto Z Play, OnePlus 3, Oppo F1 Plus and HTC Desire Pro.
Be careful with HTC branded phones. Although it (HTC Desire 820, dual sim) served me well for 2+ years, I had many issues with it. Battery drain is a major issue (It won't last for 4-6 hrs on a busy day/it won't last 4 hrs in roaming with maps on). Normal games will drain battery & the casing will be very very hot. Once a month at-least the whole thing will hang for no reason at all. The camera is very slow, by the time you take 1 photo in this, I would have taken 2-3 photos in my Redmi Note. Read the reviews for these issues & then take a call.

350Z

Core Team
Be careful with HTC branded phones. Although it (HTC Desire 820, dual sim) served me well for 2+ years, I had many issues with it. Battery drain is a major issue (It won't last for 4-6 hrs on a busy day/it won't last 4 hrs in roaming with maps on). Normal games will drain battery & the casing will be very very hot. Once a month at-least the whole thing will hang for no reason at all. The camera is very slow, by the time you take 1 photo in this, I would have taken 2-3 photos in my Redmi Note. Read the reviews for these issues & then take a call.
Point noted. How's Sony Xperia X and XA Ultra compared to Moto Z Play?

Drive Safe,
350Z

@350Z consider InFocus epic 1. I used InFocus m810 before it. InFocus's phone have great build quality and have good performance. Consider it once before buying your new phone.

Point noted. How's Sony Xperia X and XA Ultra compared to Moto Z Play?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Go for the Sony Xperia X because:
1. It is just a 5.0 inch phone which is quite easy to use rather both other phones are 5.5 and 6.0 inch which i think will be very big in our pockets (size of the phone).
2. Camera in Sony Xperia X is 23 MP at back and 13 mp at front but the Moto z play has just 16 mp at back and 5 Mp at front.
3. Sony Xperia X alone has quick charge 60% charge in 30 min. but the other two doesn't have.

Attaching a link of the comparison of these three models.

350Z

Core Team
Moto z play should be the apt choice. It has better processor plus bigger battery and a bigger screen too. Why aren't you considering one plus 3 ?
OnePlus 3 looks good but I'm not too keen to spend beyond Rs.25K (it's already extended by Rs.5K). In case you're aware of better deals on it, please let me know.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Looking for a new phone for myself.Budget-Rs.30K.Not in a hurry as I will sell my present one through online sites.

Phones considered-iPhone SE 32GB or One Plus 3T.If I'm lucky enough,I'll buy an iPhone 7.Present phone is iPhone 6 16GB,which I bought it in August 2015.

The reason for changing the iPhone 6 is I was facing some strange issue with my iPhone 6.Till Monday,it was fine but since last night it has starting acting up weirdly.It is not getting switched on when I put the phone for charging.Held the power+lock button hard and still nothing got solved.I got frustrated with it after doing this for numerous times.So,thinking to change my 6 with new one.

I tried charging it from computer also and no result.Still it didn't get switched on.

Last edited:
Got bored with my 2 year old iPhone 6 and thinking to replace it with iPhone 7/7 Plus or Samsung Galaxy S8 and planning to source it from Canada through my brother.The price of iPhone 7 32GB is $899 whereas 128GB costs $1029 and 7 Plus 128GB costs $1179 whereas S8 costs $1035.

Those prices are Canada prices.Shall I go for iPhone 7/7 Plus or wait for iPhone 8,which is going to released in September.

After 2 years of usage with iPhone 6,I had finally broke its front screen.Now,I'm considering iPhone SE or One Plus 5 or else I'll wait for iPhone 7S,which is getting launched on September 12th.

I think I'll go for iPhone SE mostly as I feel it's better speced than iPhone 6 and its priced well at ₹22K and it will satisfy my immediate needs.

Top Bottom