The Stylish with a Corporate Look - Beat in Linen Beige

Thread Starter #1
Presenting my new Beat... By now you all might have seen n number of beats with different colours like Blue, red, cocktail green. But the one that truly floored me was the linen beige colour. Looks stylish yet elegant and i can say fashion meets elegance.[cheers]

How i selected the beat:

I never thought of getting myself a car as i was very happy with my CBZ. Long road trips on bikes has always been a passion.

A year back:
It started out with my company's last yrs annual party.. i went there wearing a blazer and that too on a bike. It was quite a distance with 25 kms from my residence. By the time i reached the party my dress and myself were in a bad shape. I also somehow was never comfortable to wear a blazer on a bike. That day, i had decided that i would want own a car very soon. It regsitered in my subconscious that day.

September,2010:

Someone in my office got a new car and that day i had a sleepless night and by the time i got up, i knew that i wanted a car asap.

Had almost decided to buy the i10 sports version, but when i called up the showroom they told me that bookings have been stopped for old i10 and booking for the new i10 had not started.

Well wishers suggested Swift, ritz, altok10, basic version of i20. However the only 2 cars that set my mind racing was Swift and i20.

Swift was little over my budget of 5 lacs and i didnt want buy a basic version of i20. I would have streched my budget and would have got a swift if not for the news that there would be a new swift early 2011. I did not want to end up buying an older version of Swift.

I also liked the figo and spark. Went to planet ford at paud road, pune. Had a look at petrol version(Titanium). Had good interiors and ICE was also good and also liked DTE feature. The salesperson looked uninterested in attending us. He explained the car in 5 mins flat and left to get a quotation(he seemed too busy for me). He didnt even ask me as to when he should call me back.

I went to Pashankar Auto, Baner on saturday night at 8. The sales person attended me swiftly and showed ths spark and i took the quotation. Then something happened!!!!!!!! At the far end in the showroom, was a beast glaring at me and enticing me to come near it. I was stunned and speechless. How could i have forgotten the beat?? I loved the beige colour on display and sales person ws more than happy to walk me around the beat explaining the features.

Thats was it. I was floored,mesmerised, enchanted by it. All my friends were dead against it. Some said..the after sales service was bad..some said the brand is not good and some said resale was very less. They made me feel that it was untouchable. Well, they may be right looking at chevy's history in India but i didnt care for it. The only thing that went through my mind was Beat. It was addictive.

Searched through dozens of sites for reviews of Beat and Figo petrol. Didnt like FE of figo and the ford sales person never got back and so i didnt feel like going back to him.

Few things that went against beat were low driver seat and rear 2 seater. However, the hangover of Beat didnt go away at all for next few days.

Pashankar auto called me up about their Dussera offer about the gold coin and free 3 yr servicing. I rushed immediately the next day and took the quotation again and bargained for a few freebies like Remote locking and Garware Sunfilm.

Deal sealed and i applied for a loan and wanted the delivery of the car on Dussera.

October:

I got the car loan sanctioned and submitted the required affidavits, rent agreement for RTO registration on Tuesday, 12th Oct. The sales guy told me that i woudld get the car number by friday.

The drama started and i didnt get a call till sat morning about my car number. On sat afternoon, the sales guy called up telling me that there was a delay in payin octroi on their part and thus getting the car number also has got delayed. This was it. I was so cheesed.[frustration]. I breathed fire and spew venom and i said that if i dont get my number before the delivery i would not take the delivery and would take the issue with Pashankar's senior guys. It worked. By evening i got my car number.

I reached sunday at the showroom by 10 30. Formalities were completed and got the puja done and was out of the showrrom by 12:30. By the time i reached home, some girls in my society were already drooling over the car and complimented me. I was floored. Below are some of the photos. Will post some more details in coming days.

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

Great to hear ChevyBeat!

Your Beat really looks elegant in this color.

Congratz & wishing you lakhs of happy miles.

congratulations on your new purchase, wishing you many happy miles with yourownership.How much did you paid on road price do share and what other offers did the dealer offered you.

Sai, first of all, Congrats for your Beat . You own one of my favourite cars. And honestly your decision of choosing Beat over spark was a wise one. While the Spark looks cute city car, the Beat has an aggressive look. I especially love its rims which unlike the traditional rims looks great.Do post some interior pics of your car.

Cheers,
Akash

Thread Starter #5
congratulations on your new purchase, wishing you many happy miles with yourownership.How much did you paid on road price do share and what other offers did the dealer offered you.
Thanks Vijay. The On Road Price comes to 4.76 lacs. + Free Remote Locking + Garware Sunfilm.

Good write-up bro! You bought the car without even a TD? Looks like you are just my case! I somehow was hooked to the Verna and bought it finally.

This color is very rare in Beat , good choice! Hope you have many more happy miles with the car.

BTW i assume yours is a top-end LTZ model.

Thread Starter #7
Good write-up bro! You bought the car without even a TD? Looks like you are just my case! I somehow was hooked to the Verna and bought it finally.

This color is very rare in Beat , good choice! Hope you have many more happy miles with the car.

BTW i assume yours is a top-end LTZ model.
Yes [;)]. I didnt take a TD. It is LT model. Top end model is with LT (O) which has ABS and airbags.

Okay , how much kms has your car covered now? And how is the high speed stability? I feel those tyres are too small for Beat.

BTW just noticed another Beat also waiting for delivery![clap]

Thread Starter #9
Okay , how much kms has your car covered now? And how is the high speed stability? I feel those tyres are too small for Beat.

BTW just noticed another Beat also waiting for delivery![clap]
The car has covered 250 kms. Not much.

I didnt get a chance to rev it up. So sad na.. you have a beauty waiting calling you to drive it and dont get enough time.[sad]. Been studying for a project management exam due in nov, so couldnt drive it much.

After, Dussera i have been seeing a lot of beat in my area, which was not the case earlier.

Oh okay! But IMO the general rule is , if you buy a new car or plan to buy a particular car you will start seeing so much of those on road! This rule holds true atleast to me![:D]

Oh okay! But IMO the general rule is , if you buy a new car or plan to buy a particular car you will start seeing so much of those on road! This rule holds true atleast to me![:D]
+1.

I took delivery of my i10 Kappa & was happy that I didn't spot much cars on road that time (Nov 2008).

But just after few months roads are flooded with i10 & now I need not tell anything [:D]

Thread Starter #12
+1.

I took delivery of my i10 Kappa & was happy that I didn't spot much cars on road that time (Nov 2008).

But just after few months roads are flooded with i10 & now I need not tell anything [:D]
I completely agree. I wouldnt mind more beats on the roads after 1 yr of my purchase. I would have bragging rights that i was one of the few who trusted it initially and bought a Beat. I Always love the underdog.[thumbsup]

Congrats chevy beat on your Beat. Its really nice car.

This holds true for most of Indian buyers[thumbsup].

Top Bottom