The Story of My Destiny – Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
I started driving cars from Class VIII, and that got me addicted to the taste /thrill of SPEED. However my addiction got to a new level when I was gifted my First bike (Pulsar 150) during my college days. Although being a huge CAR Lover, my preference got shifted toward bike because of the sense of freedom that I felt while riding my bike which was missing in the car.
However, my bonding with my bike was short-lived (only 2years) as my bike got stolen on Jan,2010. I was hugely depressed, and seeing that Dad offered me to buy another one. But I was too much attached with my bike to move on to another. But after a year, the hectic schedule of Office, as well as studies made me realize that I had to move on. I love the looks of Full -Faired bikes, and was hugely impressed when I first sat on a R15 V1.0 of my friend. So I surfed the net to gather more info on it, and found that R15 V2.0 is expected as the spy pics were circulating all over. However the expected release got delayed , and when It was finally released, I found it to be Impractical as the only bike in my garage (because of the pillion seat). So wait for my bike continued further due to my exams, and then finally I decided on P220. On the day I took the quoting of the dealer for P220, I came to know that Bajaj is going to launch the Next-Gen Pulsars at the end of the month. So decided to wait to give it a look once...

30th Jan 2012 - 200NS unveiled(but not launched:().
Now, to be fair, I was Not impressed seeing the bike on the day it was unveiled(since I am faired fetish), however was blown by seeing the technical specifications... and the icing on the cake was Mr Bajaj's statement of launching the bike under 1lakh!!!! And from there on the waiting continued and how...In the mean time , read various 1st impression reviews, and every one was going GA-GA on it. And with more pics, the design also got to me and it looked very sexy from certain angles.

7Th June 2012 - The release
After a long 4 months wait, the bike was 1st released at Pune but that too in a phased manner. Even while the bike was launched in all other metro-cities within a month, Kolkata was denied such privileged. And with every passing day commuting by bus and the "forever-stuck" traffic of Kolkata made me more and more frustrated.

14th August 2012 - Kolkata Arrival
FINALLY, the bajaj Flagship has arrived in the Least preferred metro city - Kolkata. Today I got the opportunity to see the NS (my would be) for the first time. I went to the showroom with my friend to check out how Good Hearted my Would be is, apart from her sexy looks. Simply put, took a Test Drive!!
Here is My First impression:-

LOOKS -
1) The bike looked much much bigger than what the Photos portray. IMO, the size gives you a feel of a Quarter liter bike.
2) Completely different from the monotonous look of the old-gen pulsars.
3) Headlight, and the Broad Perimeter frame surely is the USP of the bike's look.
4) When I sat on the Bike, the Hand's position kind of felt commuter-ish, because of the raised up handle-bars. However, the foot-pegs are placed in quite an Aggressive position.
5) The tank gives a feeling of Big-Brother of Hunk, while sitting. Oherwise(i.e. while standing) the tank looks superb, and gives the NS it's big bike character.
6) The instrument cluster looked very posh
7) Am 5'10", and had no problems with the foot placing.
8) The seats are soft, and the front seat is huge. Can easily accommodate any Fat As*
9) The rear part did gave a Hint of 135LS, but unlike many, I liked the tyre Hugger, and it certainly helped in making the rear look beefy.
10) There are lots of Sticker jobs. Can prove to be both advantage, and disadvantage.
11) There is a huge gap between the rear side panel and the seat. That kind of gap must be Intentional, and must have some purpose which is still oblivious.
12) The switch-gears seems to be a downgrade from the previous gen. The fuel knob, though seemed funky, but is of bad-quality.
13) Missed the self-cancelling Indicators

RIDE -
1) The engine Sound wasn't Highly addictive or anything, but it certainly depicted the smoothness of the engine.
2) The RPM needle is very responsive with the throttle movement.
3) The riding stance is Comfortable, and not Sporty.
4) While riding, the feel and the view of the handle and the RVMs gives you a dirt bike/street bike kind of feel.
5) The gear shifting was very Smooth. ( a Big Improvement by Bajaj)
6) The Engine has great pull. I found it to be as good as P220 (if not better). 220 has a rawness in its engine, so one can feel the pull, But the NS engine being smooth, one hardly gets an idea of it.
7) Me being a safe rider, found the handling adequate enough. But my friend differed on this issue, and that had more to do with the rear tyre slipping (on dry road) during his test ride. Tyres certainly seems to be a let-down on this Flag-ship model. If a bike is modeled for good handling, then why ruin that feature with Bad tyres?? As speculated earlier, Bajaj must have given an option of better tyres for the spirited riders.
8) Both the Brakes were good, and did not make any screeching sound.
9) The bike seems to be weighty, but the weight was not felt while riding. I made some dodges with the pillion at low speeds, and never the bike felt heavy.
10) Vibrations - it was there I felt a tingling sensation between my thighs, while my friend also felt it on the footpegs. [mind you all - me coming from a P150 UG2, didnt feel it much, while my friend coming from a Fazer, prominently felt it]. However no vibrations were there on the handle-bars.
11) I missed out on checking the low-end torque (one of my vital requirement), but my friend assured me that the bike scores well in that field as well.
12) Even if your GF/Pillion is short height-ed, she/he will get a nice view of the road while sitting on the pillion, because of the seat height. However, the pillion seat is adequate and comfortable also.

After healthy 10 min discussion with my friend, we both agreed that BIKE IS ABSOLUTELY WORTH THE INVESTMENT. So without any further delay, the booking was done @10000/- with 20 days waiting. The dealer was friendly enough and responded well with all our demands to the extent he could. The bike in launched in Four colours - Red, Yellow, Blue, Black. But the dealer had only the red one as the 1st bike.

21st August, 2012 - Colour Dilema...
I had almost written off Yellow from my list, but yesterday's visit to showroom brought Yellow back to contention, and by a big way.. My dealer had only Red and yellow, but No blue. So went to another showroom today morning to have a look at the blue, and was not so impressed. So blue being out, called the dealer and told him that I will pay another visit to his Showroom to have a look at Red v/s Yellow, and will decide there itself.
Went to the showroom this evening, and took a Hard look from all angles for 15-20 min, and then gave my decision to the dealer. It surely was one of the toughest Decision I ever had to make!!
Even the dealer jokingly commented that in his dealership experience of 10 years, he has never seen such a Choosy guy

Oh.. I didn't mention the colour I chose.. Did I??
Leaving it for all of you to guess...
(Hint - It is one of the colour that is present on the Flag of East-Bengal Football club) [evil]

24th August, 2012 - 1st date
Today I met my darling while I went to make my full payment..
She looked awesome, while standing with a sexy tilted pose along with her siblings. I wished I had dressed little more smartly to make a good 1st impression.(was unaware that I will be meeting her today). Anyways, checked her out from all sides with a gentle touch of my finger at the right places. She was too shy to talk (wasn't fired up), but I'm sure our tuning matched.
I promised her to meet for a 2nd date on Wed(the delivery date).

Giving u all a small trailer...
Pic-a) Vehicle No.
Pic-b) Engine No

Attachments

Congrat's buddy, i am sure you chose yellow, apart form mukesh's cousin you will be the second guy to own this pretty beast in our forum, will keep following your thread religiously.cant wait for the pic's and first impression

Nice write up Shibadip, me eagerly looking forward to the movie(btw the trailor is too short) , more pics and rapidly please [:)]

Congrats Shibadip, Many congratulations for your bike. No teasers please. Post the pics of ride fast!!

Thread Starter #7
The Story of My "Destiny"– Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Ownership Review

Congrat's buddy, i am sure you chose yellow, apart form mukesh's cousin you will be the second guy to own this pretty beast in our forum, will keep following your thread religiously.cant wait for the pic's and first impression
Congrat's friend, waiting for your review and pics...
Congrats on getting the 200 NS buddy.[clap] It's a wonderful bike.

Waiting for the pics and review.
Congrats Shibadip, Many congratulations for your bike. No teasers please. Post the pics of ride fast!!
Nice write up Shibadip, me eagerly looking forward to the movie(btw the trailor is too short) , more pics and rapidly please [:)]
Thanks all.
To be honest these two are the only pics that I have. Will take my camera on the delivery day.
I promise that there will be lots of picture along with unbiased review. One of my friend is a Passionate photographer, and he is also exited to take some snaps of it.
Since many of you are complaining of the small trailer, posting a Pic of NS of my friend - Surojit

"Guess the Colour" is still ON[evil]

Attachments

Re: The Story of My "Destiny"– Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Ownership Review

shibadip

Nice crisp review and photographs too. I guess it as a Red color and expect to see a movie soon from you !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #10
Re: The Story of My Destiny – Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Ownership Review

shibadip

Nice crisp review and photographs too. I guess it as a Red color and expect to see a movie soon from you !!
Thank You sir...
The colour Vote now goes to 1:1. And I guess the Movie will begin Today Evening. However it might come up on the theaters tomorrow...[embarass]
Hello Shibadip,
Congrats on your New Pulsar 200NS
Waiting for the pics !
Ride Safe and always wear your helmet !
Thanks Vishnu sir, and your advise is religiously followed.[:D]

Thread Starter #12
Re: The Story of My Destiny – Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Ownership Review

How much is the on-road cost?
For me it did cost 97706/- on road with Ind No plates(it's mandatory in Kolkata now).
BTW, I got a Huge Discount of Rs 6/- from the dealer[lol]

In Bangalore it's something over the 1Lakh mark...

Thread Starter #13
Got my NS

I got my Bike today. But sorry, the exitement was so much that was busy with it very late, and Couldn't open Lappy till now.
Will Share tomorrow(promise) and there is lots to share/ask.

Right now too exited to write anything sensible[roll]

Re: Got my NS

I got my Bike today. But sorry, the exitement was so much that was busy with it very late, and Couldn't open Lappy till now...
Will Share tomorrow(promise) and there is lots to share/ask...

Right now too exited to write anything sensible[roll]
Congrat's brother, cant wait to see the picture of your bike, i want to know weather i won the contest you ran for the colour?[;)]

Thread Starter #15
Married to "Destiny"

Guys, after all these trailers, The movie begins.

After all the hue and cry, due to the long and saturated period of remaining bikeless, FINALLYYYYYY I got my NS and Ya, it's a Red NS. Was really confused between Red and Yellow, but at last went with my love for Red...

29th August, 2012 - The "D"-(delivery) Day

The excitement was hugely there, but with great effort maintained a Poker face through out the day. My friend called up, and said he would reach by 3.30 pm. Went to the dealer by 4. And there she was, Standing on that super sexy pose, awaiting my arrival. Did another PDI inspection visually, while the dealer got busy with the paper work.

7e7807fd.jpg

Destiny was all ok, but there was a slight rope mark on the right Grab rails. Anyways, Chand pe bhi daag hota hai!!!

51ca33ca.jpg

The dealer was hurrying on with the paper work, but I asked for a Ride PDI. The dealer filled in some petrol from a bottle, and I was quite apprehensive about it's quality. However, can't keep him nagging on every thing.:p so with the little petrol Went far a Ride. But the ride was not smooth, and Destiny was like loosing power and again gaining sudden brust of power. My friend also took a ride, and said it was because lack of petrol. The mechanic did some adjustment with the idle screw, and said it will be ok. Also had him adjusted the Front brake and clutch lever to my satisfaction.

My friend checking out the bike

fbf9c676.jpg

Completed the Paper work with quite a few signs, and we were good to go. The ride to petrol pump was very scary, as it felt that the power will die because of the lack of petrol, and to our luck, the 1st pump was out of fuel!! but the 2nd pump was nearby. Offered my Destiny her energy drink of Rs 300/- but @toxic biker had to lend me a 100bucks for that. (me and my always empty wallet:p). And then brought my Destiny to her new home.

722877fc.jpg

[Forgot to mention but we heard some extremely stupid questions from the by-standars at the showroom and at the pump]

Praises - My destiny is the 1st NS in my locality, and guys the praises that my Destiny got was just overwhelming. Starting from my Mom, to even unknown stranger. all were full of praises. I'm not exaggerating, but was stopped at 5places while I took her to buy some evening snacks. Every one was checking her out, extremely surprised by No Silencer:p, the headlights, the huge size, broad tyres, and what not. Also got some weird suggestions from some "I know everything" janta.:p

Riding Experience - The ODO is showing just 17 kms till now. So with this short experience, nothing much but just one thing to say- SuperDooper fun being with her.

Questions - I am having a hard time adjusting my riding style with the aggression that she has. My earlier experience was with P150, but now with 23.5 bhp, the bike is sometimes flying off than my judgement.

I am a very sedate kind of rider, and Don't ride with high revs. I don't do high pick-up, and love to ride at low torque. (kindda Bullet like). To explain more, I generally don't twist the accelerator while starting, and do with just by gentle release of the clutch. But with Destiny, I am not able to do this. I have to give quite an amount of rev (I think abt 1.5-2 rpm) while releasing the clutch , or else the engine is dying off. I don't know whether it is due to something about clutch play, or whether the NS is meant to ridden with high revs. Would very much like some answers on this by you guys.
Note - I do idle my bike for 2mins before starting off. And this particular issue is happening even when the engine is Hot.

Negatives - Well, right now, I don't really have any apart from the above question. Just the tool kit in the pillion seat is vibrating, which I guess is due to improper placing. Even To every one's surprise, I have NO complaints with the stock horns, as I am finding it to be adequate enough in my locality. Got to see how it delivers in Congested traffic.

Lastly - A huge thanks to my friend as he has helped and accompanied me all the time.

Pics time - -

Me embracing my destiny with Open Arms... However it might seem to u all that I'm adjusting the RVM. Or is it the Other way round???:p:p
BTW, the Daku with a Pink shirt was the Showroom manager. Seems to be bit sad that the ShowStopper is leaving his Showroom.
Also notice the Curiosity of the Old man... NS certainly grabs Attention:D

Destiny beside my house..

949f3665.jpg

My Mom saving my Destiny from Evil Curse

51bfaff8.jpg

Top Bottom