Rise & Fall Of Fuel Prices in India

There are lots of street tea shops.. where they don't need to spare much money on maintaining the building or even dont need to pay tax for it. Bcz those are small tiny shops and are on the road or footpath, depending upon where the space is available.

Now about the tiny 100cc bike and their business with it.
Considering the fuel efficiency and the distance that will need to cover, how much Rs will they need to pay extra because of this fuel price hike? I don't think one will use a bike if he can't earn much better profit than from a stationary street teashop.

No, I'm not against to the people who struggle and still find it tough to earn money for their life.
But there are so many so called " poor people" who earn closer to 1000 per day and not bother to pay any tax for it.

The reality is, most of the rich people are very happy to be called as poor so as to grab all the subsidies from the government. Where as the real poor people are neglected without getting any help from the government.

When the cheap politics stop, the world starts nourishing.

While the Policy of Keeping High taxes to reduce our Massive defecits was ok when Global prices were down. I think it is time center and states along with Omc's should do some correction in taxes when the Oil prices have been heading north again.

Not slightly, cooldhaya. Unleaded petrol price in Bangalore is costlier by Rs 2 than Chennai and Rs 8 than Puducherry!
Unleaded petrol prices per litre: Bangalore: Rs 58.09; Chennai: Rs 55.92
This post is from 2010,
8 years later the price has reached at the current levels.
Even in 2010 people were worried and cribbing about the prices and the advent of Electric vehicles, but nothing changes and the consumption is ever increasing.
Even if it reaches 100per/ltr,I am sure people will grin and bear it, adapt to the rising expenditure.

Time to update this thread and maybe renamed "Rise and Rise of Fuel Prices in India" as there is no fall in last few months.

Petrol prices have risen over Rs 90 in some parts of India and Diesel above Rs 80. How long common man can sustain these prices.

Surprisingly Panjim, Goa has same Petrol and Diesel prices as of today i.e. 75.87(P) and 75.37(D) due to lower taxes. All other places Diesel is around Rs 9-11 cheaper than Petrol still now.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Filled petrol for 1500/- yesterday in Delhi @Rs. 82.16/L. I feel day isn't far when the fuel prices shall hit a century. All the commodities shall get expensive and the monthly budgets of every service class man/woman shall go in for a toss. Tough Times Ahead!!

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Centre Cuts Petrol and Diesel Prices by Rs 2.50, Gujarat and Maharashtra Make it Rs 5

Fuel prices have been on the rise since August 16 after the rupee dipped to its lowest value against the US dollar. The domestic unit hit a record low of 70.32 in early trade that day.

New Delhi: The central government on Thursday gave marginal relief to masses from runaway fuel prices and cut petrol and diesel rates by Rs 2.50 a litre with effect from midnight.

The decision was announced by finance minister Arun Jaitley after he held a closed-door meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and petroleum minister Dharmendra Pradhan. The Centre has reduced central excise duties by Rs 1.50 a litre while oil marketing companies have been asked to absorb Re 1 a litre, Jaitley said.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Besides Gujarat and Maharashtra, other states who agreed to reduce prices are:

Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Chhatishgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Assam, Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh and Tripura – total relief to consumers Rs 5.

Jharkhand, meanwhile, has only matched the price cut of Rs 2.50 per litre for diesel and not petrol.

Last edited:
Well these are short term solutions, a better solution would be a rise in the Rupee and correction in International Oil prices. I have am sure there people with deep pockets who have shorted the Rupee and gone long on Oil by paying minimum margin for Forward/Option contracts.

Well these are short term solutions, a better solution would be a rise in the Rupee and correction in International Oil prices. I have am sure there people with deep pockets who have shorted the Rupee and gone long on Oil by paying minimum margin for Forward/Option contracts.
While I agree that short selling in FX markets does have an impact, I don't think that is the main factor for the falling rupee here. We are having a lot of imports as compared to exports, and this deficit will surely have an affect on the rupee as compared to the FX short selling. And the effect of short selling is temporarily as the currency needs to be bought back. It would not be on a continuous fall due to short selling.

Our OIL imports in July and August 18 were in quantity 85% more than July and August 17 mainly due to getting oil from Iran before the US sanctions kicked in, so that should correct the CAD situation in the coming months, Its highly likely currency traders took advantage of this situation. Plus signing the S-400 deal against US wishes they are going to hurt us a bit by inflating their currency.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Petrol Price Drops Below ₹ 80 Per Litre In Delhi After 12th Consecutive Price Cut

Today petrol price is down by 30 paise to Rs. 79.75 and diesel by 20 paise to Rs. 73.85 in Delhi.

Read:

Fuel is still too expensive for travel within city, anybody have any feedback for electric scooters please? Particularly looking at hero electric flash e2 & e5 models.

Feedback will be much appreciated. Thanks

I hope everyone is noticing the price gap reducing drastically between Diesel and Petrol in the past few months. The price difference in Chennai and TN is at Rs.4.33 as of today which was above Rs.6 a month back.
I guess buying Diesel cars don't make sense in sub 15 Lakh category anymore. The need of the hour is a host of turbo petrol engines.

Top Bottom