'The Pussy Cat' - My Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS [Now Sold]

Thread Starter #47
Its a clean upsize ,looks great .
When one upsizes ,does the Air pressure to be filled also varies right?If so how much do you fill now ?
Thank you.
If you upgrade to wider tyres you need to reduce tyre pressure for better straightline grip. If you upgrade to lower profile tyres you need to reduce tyre pressure for better ride quality. If you upgrade to lighter alloys the load decreases so you need to reduce tyre pressure. If you upgrade to better rubber you don't need to do anything. In all cases it would be a safe bet to reduce tyre pressure after an upgrade. The words are taken from Team -Bhp. Too lazy to type.
I am running with 32 psi now. Cool on tarred roads, not so on Bangalore city roads. I think 29 would be nice and give better ride quality.

Thread Starter #48
Some more pics incoming. Next on the bucket list is de-badging the car de-chroming the handles and rear chrome line. No time now to be honest, and hopefully will be done soon. Maybe after that I would look at more performance boost options [:D]

Attachments

Im from thrissur kerala and I have the same car Baleno RS and had faced some serious issues with BRD service centre at thrissur. I went for 3rd service with oil change and they filled wrong grade oil 0w20 instead of 5w30 told me this car has the same engine block as WagonR! I told them to check the manual they finally agreed and filled 5w30 normal mineral oil(PART NO 99999M05w30) and i think I has a lower classification of API ( API SG+ OR SJ). They didn't clean the air filter at all and lied to me that they have done it. When I asked about the mechanic who did the work on my car he told me he dont know whether it is cleaned or not. When i insisted them to check the airfilter they dont know how to open the airfilter box and told me they have never serviced a BALENO RS and told me no need to clean the airfilter for 3rd service. I was totally disappointed with the service and escalated this issue to maruti, after that i received so many calls and they apologize so many times for what happened in the service centre. They told me that this is the exact oil(99999MO5W30) for baleno rs that maruti is recommending and there is no need for any other oil and told me actually they don't have enough information regarding the oil for Boosterjet engine!

The invoice from IVIN helped me a lot I went to popular maruti SC in thrissur and showed them this invoice and told them my friend at calicut just got his baleno RS serviced and he got fully synthetic oil (99999MS5W30) . They didn't agree initially luckily because of the invoice they couldn't argue with me but told me they didn't have this oil at the moment and will arrange it soon. Finally they arranged the specific oil for me and filled exactly 2.9 litres of oil in the car(changed oil filter also) but then came another serious issue with oil level dipstick, i know its is exactly 2.9 litres in the car and im damn sure about it because i was there when they changed the oil but when ever i check the oil level (on a flat surface cold engine) its showing little high above the upper mark of the oil dipstick( about 1 cms). Im totally fed up with these things. Actually its a very good car but the SC guys don't know it properly.

Thread Starter #50
Im from thrissur kerala and I have the same car Baleno RS and had faced some serious issues with BRD service centre at thrissur. I went for 3rd service with oil change and they filled wrong grade oil 0w20 instead of 5w30 told me this car has the same engine block as WagonR! I told them to check the manual they finally agreed and filled 5w30 normal mineral oil(PART NO 99999M05w30) and i think I has a lower classification of API ( API SG+ OR SJ). They didn't clean the air filter at all and lied to me that they have done it. When I asked about the mechanic who did the work on my car he told me he dont know whether it is cleaned or not. When i insisted them to check the airfilter they dont know how to open the airfilter box and told me they have never serviced a BALENO RS and told me no need to clean the airfilter for 3rd service. I was totally disappointed with the service and escalated this issue to maruti, after that i received so many calls and they apologize so many times for what happened in the service centre. They told me that this is the exact oil(99999MO5W30) for baleno rs that maruti is recommending and there is no need for any other oil and told me actually they don't have enough information regarding the oil for Boosterjet engine!

The invoice from IVIN helped me a lot I went to popular maruti SC in thrissur and showed them this invoice and told them my friend at calicut just got his baleno RS serviced and he got fully synthetic oil (99999MS5W30) . They didn't agree initially luckily because of the invoice they couldn't argue with me but told me they didn't have this oil at the moment and will arrange it soon. Finally they arranged the specific oil for me and filled exactly 2.9 litres of oil in the car(changed oil filter also) but then came another serious issue with oil level dipstick, i know its is exactly 2.9 litres in the car and im damn sure about it because i was there when they changed the oil but when ever i check the oil level (on a flat surface cold engine) its showing little high above the upper mark of the oil dipstick( about 1 cms). Im totally fed up with these things. Actually its a very good car but the SC guys don't know it properly.
Try idling the car a bit, then check the oil level after giving some time for it to settle in the oil pan. Sad to hear about the bad experience at the service centre. Sending mail to Maruti does wonders at times. If you can come down to Calicut, I can assure you some quality service from authorised dealer here

Try idling the car a bit, then check the oil level after giving some time for it to settle in the oil pan. Sad to hear about the bad experience at the service centre. Sending mail to Maruti does wonders at times. If you can come down to Calicut, I can assure you some quality service from authorised dealer here
I can come to calicut and im very happy to do so. Do you know any of SC guys personally. And i need to fix this oil issue as soon as possible because most of the times the car feels sluggish at lower rpms.

My baleno RS

Attachments

Thread Starter #52
I can come to calicut and im very happy to do so. Do you know any of SC guys personally. And i need to fix this oil issue as soon as possible because most of the times the car feels sluggish at lower rpms.
Below is the address. You can contact the below mentioned person and ask him for SA named Ajmal. He is very knowledgeable and did all of my cars job from him. Even though I use the car in Bangalore , I drive down to service from this person and his mechs.
Popular Vehicles & Services Pvt Ltd.
NH-17, byepasss, Pachakkil
Malaparamba P O
Calicut-673009
Arun Jyothis, Works Manager, 9846397060

Below is the address. You can contact the below mentioned person and ask him for SA named Ajmal. He is very knowledgeable and did all of my cars job from him. Even though I use the car in Bangalore , I drive down to service from this person and his mechs.
Popular Vehicles & Services Pvt Ltd.
NH-17, byepasss, Pachakkil
Malaparamba P O
Calicut-673009
Arun Jyothis, Works Manager, 9846397060
Thanks for the information. I went there and met SA ajmal he was very helpful. He took good care of my car and now it feels RS again. Thank you
How's the upsizing feels now. I am little worried about performance and efficiency. Now im getting 17 to 18 kmpl avg on tankful to tankful method on sane driving. Olease Share your experience. And i always prefer momo revenge for baleno RS.

Thread Starter #54
Thanks for the information. I went there and met SA ajmal he was very helpful. He took good care of my car and now it feels RS again. Thank you
How's the upsizing feels now. I am little worried about performance and efficiency. Now im getting 17 to 18 kmpl avg on tankful to tankful method on sane driving. Olease Share your experience. And i always prefer momo revenge for baleno RS.
Happy to help ! Good to know that your issues are solved. The guy is really helpful. With 17”, Ride is hard now, more undulations inside. 16”’s comfort is definitely not there. Power is slightly affected for sure, but a very small affect. No change in mileage so far. Getting a constant 19 in long trips with sane driving with some insane pedal flooring, at times.

Happy to help ! Good to know that your issues are solved. The guy is really helpful. With 17”, Ride is hard now, more undulations inside. 16”’s comfort is definitely not there. Power is slightly affected for sure, but a very small affect. No change in mileage so far. Getting a constant 19 in long trips with sane driving with some insane pedal flooring, at times.
How 16" momo revenge with 205 tyres will do? Will it look good .. if it is then it will be a balance between comfort and performance.. is momo rims available here in Kerala?

Thread Starter #56
How 16" momo revenge with 205 tyres will do? Will it look good .. if it is then it will be a balance between comfort and performance.. is momo rims available here in Kerala?
16 inch and 205/50/16 would be perfect. Many places in Kerala has it. Be careful of counterfeit ones. The dealer in south India is Hercules tyres in Bangalore, and they supply to sub dealers across the south.

Thread Starter #57
Just an update about the oil level mentioned in my 3rd service details post. I saw the post on the other forum(My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS - Page 4 - Team-BHP) regarding the same. The oil used was indeed 2.9L only and the rest is with me, for top ups if needed, because they anyway had 3.1L ready since they thought RS used 3.1L until I told them it did not. If anyone of ROG_AK or Dr.Naren is here, do ping me as I am looking for some RS owners to keep connected with more RS's [:)]

Thread Starter #58
Just a shade under 15,000 km's now, and a small update on how things are going with the RS.
The engine is quite refined and has a different angry grunt when revved hard. Its really good to hear and does triple digit speeds in no time. 150-160 comes up with real ease and without much drama and can stay there as long as you want it to. The brakes are phenomenal and has the same bite and feedback from day one. Engine never felt out of breath and easily pulls even if its 5 on board and with a full luggage. After the tyre change , there was immediate change in NVH levels and it still stays the same as its more of a quite cabin now. Momo Outrun M3(215/45/17) are really good tires to opt for, but the longevity of the same can be concluded only after I munch more km's . Had a nice chat with Momo tires India team and they assured that the Tyre has undergone necessary changes to cope with Indian roads and driving conditions and I hope those words stay true. Had taken it through rough patches and surprise potholes and the tyre performed really good. The only time I bottomed out was when I had 5 on board with full luggage and a super tall speed breaker near Hunsur. But it was just a scrape on the side lips, near the rear door from what I can see.
Now coming to engine oil , it was mentioned FS oil in MSIL service bill and records(Casrol Magnatec 5W30), and a research on the same made it clear that it was a synthetic based oil, or a Semi Synthetic Oil in short. I have no clue why MSIL mentions it as FS oil in the first place. The oil is indeed pretty decent anyways and as long as MASS doesn't allow outside oil inside the engine , I might have to stick with it, but need to dig deep and speak with them before 20k service.

Edit : Have no idea why pics are coming clockwise. @Mods, please help to change it to normal viewing angle.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have a Baleno RS and came to the thread for researching on harmful effects of an incorrect oil used.

I put in too much trust on the service workshop and they have screwed up real bad. They have filled up the car with 0W20 oil instead of the recommended 5W30 oil. I have driven close to 7500 kms after the service and lately when I realized the engine is noisier than usual I went to purchase 5W30 oil and just to be sure checked my 3rd service bill and realized only yesterday that they have billed for 0W20 oil and have also used the Baleno 1.2 oil filter (Cost was billed at 67/-), which is when I realized that the additional roughness and noise was not because of a slightly lower level of oil but probably because of an entirely incorrect oil that was used.

In the city at least I am a tamed economy driver, but when it comes to the highway, the story is entirely different. I literally floor the car. I did not notice much initially. But now when I cross the 2500 rpm mark I can feel that the engine is literally grinding compared to how happily it used to rev earlier.

I have reached out to the Nexa Service Manager and currently taking it to the service station to get the viscosity checked and check for damages. But rest aside the manager claims that the technical support team have confirmed that there is not much of an issue in interchanging these two oils. However, I have requested them to give them in writing.

I will know only tomorrow the outcome of this particular issue. Worst come worst, if they have indeed filled up with the wrong oil and the service manager cannot get a written confirmation from Maruti that there is no issue in interchanging oil, I'd have to fight for an engine replacement.

It doesn't matter how good of a service these people provide, but when it comes to our precious rides, it seems like getting our hands dirty is the only way to ensure that they don't screw up.

Partly it was my fault to have not checked everything in and out. They do not exactly know how to clean the air filter as well. I had to stand in the workshop during the first service just to check if they knew how to service this car as it was relatively new.

I shall keep you guys posted on the outcome of all of this [cry][cry]

Meanwhile, if you guys come across any body with an expert opinion on these situations please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Quick update from my end. The service station has accepted their mistake and as a quick fix changed the engine oil back to 5W30 and replaced the oil filter with the correct one imported from Japan without charging me anything extra.

However, they have not provided a solution to the damage that could have been done over this time. As usual without much knowledge the service supervisors claim that nothing will go wrong, but I challenged them to give in writing and they couldn't respond back.

I am literally holding a knife at the Nexa Service Manager constantly bugging him to provide me a long term solution/compensation for the mistake that has been done.

I am also raising this mishap to Maruti. It seems like though Maruti has come a long way in India, they are really not ready for the niche market unless we supervise everything ourselves[cry].

The car though after changing back to the correct oil runs much smoother and has better performance and refinement at higher speeds compared to how it was when running with the thinner oil[drive].

Attachments

Top Bottom