'The Pussy Cat' - My Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS [Now Sold]

Yes the service guy also says the teflon coating must be revisited every 6 months.

I was just wondering if the ceramic coating is more permanent ?

Thank You . Wish you the same. Teflon would help for sure. But I really don’t think it can survive more than 2-3 pressure washes tbh. Again u can take care if it by washing yourself and make it last longer

Thread Starter #18
Yes the service guy also says the teflon coating must be revisited every 6 months.

I was just wondering if the ceramic coating is more permanent ?
Yes thats true. I have seen ceramic coat last more than 3 years on cars personally. Happy with it so far .

Congratulations on the RS
Looks stunning in red.
The Ceramic job is indeed spectacular. Hope it lasts long in our tropical conditions.
Happy Miles with the RS

Thread Starter #20
Congratulations on the RS
Looks stunning in red.
The Ceramic job is indeed spectacular. Hope it lasts long in our tropical conditions.
Happy Miles with the RS
Thank you @Prakritij [:)] Yes, thats what I am waiting for as well. The car needs to go through all abuses in Indian conditions. Lets see how it fares.

Congrats on the RS, Red looks really sporty and so does the black grill which goes hand in hand with wheels .

Can you share some pic of interiors also what was the on road price for RS ?

Thanks,
Satyajeet

Thread Starter #22
Congrats on the RS, Red looks really sporty and so does the black grill which goes hand in hand with wheels .

Can you share some pic of interiors also what was the on road price for RS ?

Thanks,
Satyajeet
Thank you [:)] Car was 10L on road.

Attachments

Hey had a small accident on my Baleno, somebody in a cycle came and hit me on the front bumper and there are damages sustained to the bumper like a big dent and breakage.

I am very sad, because it is hardly a month old car. Do you think this will be covered in Insurance. Any body have a similiar situation in your car , please let me know if any particular procedure to be followed for insurance and the cost for the front bumper.

Thread Starter #24
Hey had a small accident on my Baleno, somebody in a cycle came and hit me on the front bumper and there are damages sustained to the bumper like a big dent and breakage.

I am very sad, because it is hardly a month old car. Do you think this will be covered in Insurance. Any body have a similiar situation in your car , please let me know if any particular procedure to be followed for insurance and the cost for the front bumper.
yes, all damages can be claimed under insurance. You need to go to the service center, fill up a form and wait for Insurance guys to inspect the damage and approve the same. The bumper has to be ordered if not in stock and needs to be painted in your cars color. Should be around 8k in total If I am not wrong , including bumper+painting. If its a small dent, you can get it repaired from local body shops. They can do at half the cost, or even less.

Thread Starter #25
Did a simple DIY for the moving driver side mat. As I reported earlier, I have bought MGA floor mats and the issue was, it moves slowly and the clutch pedal gets stuck under the mat at times, after about 200 kms of drive.
Bought Velcro from Amazon along with 3M Bonding Tape and stuck the Velcro underneath the driver side mat. Did a test as well and it holds the mat firmly to the ground. No mat movements again. I really wonder why the mat hook was not provided at all.

Attachments

Bought Velcro from Amazon along with 3M Bonding Tape and stuck the Velcro underneath the driver side mat.
Too bad that MSIL for not including hooks/locks on their foot mats. I stuck a 10 cm long velcro strip (the hard one) under my noodle mats which are doing good for a couple months now. Didn't think of 3M tape back then and used a super glue (like Anabond).
Can you please share the links for your velcro and 3M tape?

Mat hooks are there under the driver seat, below the floor carpet. Unlike in the image, the two hooks you see under the lever are not visible, you'll have to cut two holes in the floor carpet to expose those hooks. At least that is how I did it in my Zeta 1.2. Press on the carpet near the area shown in the image and you'll be able to feel them.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28
Mat hooks are there under the driver seat, below the floor carpet. Unlike in the image, the two hooks you see under the lever are not visible, you'll have to cut two holes in the floor carpet to expose those hooks. At least that is how I did it in my Zeta 1.2. Press on the carpet near the area shown in the image and you'll be able to feel them.
Oh thats news to me. I did not find any sort of hooks anywhere under my seat or that areas . I dont understand why Maruti needs to hide such an important thing. I also asked the service/showroom guys as well and they too were clueless. Cut the OE Carpet ? Thats frustrating for me [frustration] Anyway thank you for the details [:)]

Oh that's news to me. I did not find any sort of hooks anywhere under my seat or that area. I don't understand why Maruti needs to hide such an important thing. I also asked the service/showroom guys as well and they too were clueless. Cut the OE Carpet? That's frustrating for me [frustration] Anyway thank you for the details [:)]
Read the owner's manual, there may be a lot more other things that will be news to you. [;)]

I asked the same thing at the service center because the mat would keep sliding towards the clutch lever causing an obstruction but they cluelessly told me that's how it is and nothing wrong with it. This was before I read the manual.

It is just two slits really, nothing damaging to the carpet. I did it with an old scalpel.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30
Too bad that MSIL for not including hooks/locks on their foot mats. I stuck a 10 cm long velcro strip (the hard one) under my noodle mats which are doing good for a couple months now. Didn't think of 3M tape back then and used a super glue (like Anabond).
Can you please share the links for your velcro and 3M tape?
Here you go
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0156EYYOM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B001O6T2ZS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Read the owner's manual, there may be a lot more other things that will be news to you. [;)]

I asked the same thing at the service center because the mat would keep sliding towards the clutch lever causing an obstruction but they cluelessly told me that's how it is and nothing wrong with it. This was before I read the manual.

It is just two slits really, nothing damaging to the carpet. I did it with an old scalpel.
I read everything actually, might have missed this or dont remember as I bought the mat one month after buying the car. More attention went to service/maintenance side, and its a huge manual as well [:D]

Top Bottom