The Practicality and Legality of Camping Trailers in India

What do you think of Camping trailers?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #17

bhvm

Honoured Member
I guess DC'ing a Tata Winger is the ultimate solution to everything.
The requirement is-
Standing height
Inbult kitchen
Washroom

I think DC is offering very posh interior with theater effect, but its not good as full blown caravan.

why are you stuck on DC, do a project in a good garage. it will be far more cost effective. if you don't mind coming to Karnataka. i will suggest a good place.

Last edited:
Its my dream to build home away home on volvo or some kind of big platform. I think I should start saving for same. My plan is build like what Winnebago or big brands in US builds with sliding walls. Hope one day, may be near retirement. Excellent thread!!!

Nice thread. New concepts in India.
@incarnation:- I didn't get the crux of your last message. Was it Rs.5lakhs for a battery set up? Or was it for the caravan? ( am I greedy here?)

it was for a caravan with batttery set up. its for sale on Ebay as Mr.bhvm was looking for it hence informed him about the link through my post. well get one and ill join you for the trip :biggrin:

one more thing if you did not read the link correctly

NOTE :

This caravan is built on demand and it will take between 6 months - 1 year to deliver this caravan
Delivery possible till nearest sea port only...customer to pay more for custom clearance and door delivery.
Cost is Rs 5 crore ( US $ 1,000,000)...payment via direct wire transfer....ebay did not allow me to list the high listing price...
Lower prices at US $ 200,000 possible if you just want the trailer and will use your own truck to pull it...
Feel free to clarify any doubts you may have...don't be shy, afraid of asking....we will answer to the best of our ability...

Last edited:
HoHO... i saw Rs.5lakhs on the ebay site and was greedy. However, in the product description , it was mentioned Rs.5 crore..thank you, no thanks[frustration].
Better as you said earlier was to go for a TT or a 407 and do stuff slowly on your own

Thread Starter #27

bhvm

Honoured Member
Thanks for the Link.
Its my dream to build home away home on volvo or some kind of big platform. I think I should start saving for same. My plan is build like what Winnebago or big brands in US builds with sliding walls. Hope one day, may be near retirement. Excellent thread!!!
We sure are waiting. But till retirement is a but far for me![frustration]
Are you waiting for Indian Govt to put some better roads in Infrastructure around? Perhas you will have to wait far past retirement then! Or who knows?[confused]
it was for a caravan with batttery set up. its for sale on Ebay as Mr.bhvm was looking for it hence informed him about the link through my post. well get one and ill join you for the trip :biggrin:

one more thing if you did not read the link correctly

NOTE :

This caravan is built on demand and it will take between 6 months - 1 year to deliver this caravan
Delivery possible till nearest sea port only...customer to pay more for custom clearance and door delivery.
Cost is Rs 5 crore ( US $ 1,000,000)...payment via direct wire transfer....ebay did not allow me to list the high listing price...
Lower prices at US $ 200,000 possible if you just want the trailer and will use your own truck to pull it...
Feel free to clarify any doubts you may have...don't be shy, afraid of asking....we will answer to the best of our ability...
HoHO... i saw Rs.5lakhs on the ebay site and was greedy. However, in the product description , it was mentioned Rs.5 crore..thank you, no thanks
Better as you said earlier was to go for a TT or a 407 and do stuff slowly on your own
Even I thought the same. 5 lacs is much more reasonable price. But 5 Crores?? With the import duty, Taxes, Shipping hassles and customs, it am sure it would land Far past 12 crores.

For that price (If it had that type of money), I am better off buying a small flat in every decent city of india near tourist place and use my XUV thunderbolt to get there!

Only a fool would buy the caravan for that price.

basically the use of caravan is for camping right in the middle of nowhere. In india do you have places such as nowhere?

say you park in some grassland you are bound to attract people from nearby villages objecting to your parking, or may be people intending you harm. That is what i think. Plus lugging the carvan behind your SUV will be a task in such crowded streets and cities. Plus you will attract the attention of the traffic cop. If it is something unusual, he/she will definitely look at that opportunity to extract moolah from you. Instead having a cheap but strudy van like force motors, or Winger and converting it into a caravvan will be much better. of course you will not have Suv pleasure of driving but it will be different experience.

All said that I sill like the idea of having a caravan or camping trailer and camping.

so why not loading your suv boot with all supplies and tents and putting up your own tent and camp?

Caravan can be less expensive and more motorable if (say) one uses the Force small bus (4 wheeler) to customise internally. The space inside is big enough to customise and it is decently parkable and drivable. Its anyways used extensively in sought to ferry passegers

The trailer is still 2 vehicles, whether one has engine or not does not matter - 2 physical structure to be parked and maintained

Thread Starter #30

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hmm...
You folks are right.
I can imagine a Bunch of Idiotic villagers crowding around a Trailer and making a racket etc.
What I liked till now-
1> Rent a caravan rather than buy it.
2> Use existing SUV and camp outside in a tent.
3> Get a caravan/Trailer which can carry a small scooter. Park the caravan somewhere far from city and ride the scooter for nearby tourism.

Top Bottom