The Next Trend: Automatic Gearbox

Thread Starter #1
Most of the driving enthusiastic prefers manual gear over the automatic one. however, automatic gear is a blessing for those who normally struggles with gear shifting; especially during city drive. Here comes the good news for them: MSIL, VW,Nissan and Honda are planning to introduce automatic gears very soon. MSIL will introduce it in ALTO, VW in POLO, Nissan in Micra and Honda will introduce it in JAZZ. I am sure, Hyundai will surprise all in this segment.

Source: Malayala Manorama

AMG

Suspended
@ shynish
It is gearbox and not gear.

And Hyundai already has i20 auto, i10 auto, verna auto, santro auto, sonata auto.
So no scope for surprises.

350Z

Core Team
I think the Maruti Suzuki A-Star with Automatic Transmission is on cards, very soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Arun

Suspended
@Shynish:
Yes, the automatic gearbox is the new trend here in India. It will be the A-Star, not the Alto to get the auto box. The gearbox will be a straight lift from the old WagonR AT and will be mated with the existing KB10 engine.

I dont mind a auto box for my daily commute, especially in rush hour traffic. I wish Fiat would also launch their Auto box(kinda a semi box). The one showcased at the Expo. :(

Thread Starter #12
Though I prefer manual gear box, I would like to have an auto for only one reason: my wife can drive the car occasionally and I don't have to worry about my gear box any more [:D] Jokes apart, its really convenient to have an auto gear box for your family ride!

The cheapest AT we have is the i10 Magna.
Unfortunately, the cheaper Santro and the only other choice, the WagonR were discontinued.

Well actually i don prefer AT as it takes all the fun away from driving! Though must be good news for lady drivers and daily city commuters!

Top Bottom