The Next Car in My Stable - Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi

Thread Starter #92
ilango[speed thirst];131380 said:
Oil may be 230/- per litre , mineral.

oil filter 150/- ??
Thank you for the inputs Ilango!

My First free Service Break Up is as below for Swift ZDi in BLR.
Rs725/- for Oil (15w40)IOCL
Oil filter Rs 325/-
Labour free.
Thanks a bunch nagasaki. I hope that the service cost would take about 1K. Now i wonder how guys were telling that the maintainance cost for diesel cars are more?[frustration]

Also, guys please do let me know more on what to check during the first service?

350Z

Core Team
Now i wonder how guys were telling that the maintainance cost for diesel cars are more?
This is too early to answer. Some of the spares are usually priced higher than their petrol counterparts.

Also, guys please do let me know more on what to check during the first service?
Make sure to stay with the car while it is getting serviced. Also refer to the following useful threads:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/2978-servicing-your-car-tips-tricks.html

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ould-one-take-before-after-service-visit.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Bro this is just first service. Wait till the free services are over , you will be greeted will bills around 4k-5k![evil] Maintenance of diesel cars are costly because engine oil is costlier and AFAIK all other filters like Air filter , diesel filter is also costly.

I think you are worrying too much , just drop the car and pick it up after service , no issues.

Thread Starter #95
This is too early to answer. Some of the spares are usually priced higher than their petrol counterparts.

Make sure to stay with the car while it is getting serviced. Also refer to the following useful threads:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/2978-servicing-your-car-tips-tricks.html

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ould-one-take-before-after-service-visit.html

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks for the advice Vibhor! Will go thro' the threads.

Bro this is just first service. Wait till the free services are over , you will be greeted will bills around 4k-5k![evil] Maintenance of diesel cars are costly because engine oil is costlier and AFAIK all other filters like Air filter , diesel filter is also costly.
LOL. I could expect that bro. That should not be a problem though.

I think you are worrying too much , just drop the car and pick it up after service , no issues.
The worry peeped in only after few sad stories about dealership services in Maruti. If it was my City i would never have bothered. Just being cautious!

Oh okay BTW have you enquired which Maruti dealership is doing a good job for service in Chennai? There are simply too much to even shortlist!

As Vibhor said , for first service if you can wait for 2 hours you can take back the car with you again.

Thread Starter #97
Oh okay BTW have you enquired which Maruti dealership is doing a good job for service in Chennai? There are simply too much to even shortlist!
I did not enquire much about the list. There are 2 MASS and 2 Dealer service centers. Hence opted for Popular maruti (Dealer) service center.

As Vibhor said , for first service if you can wait for 2 hours you can take back the car with you again.
2 hours is quite a less time Dhaya. If we need to get the vehicle checked up and serviced properly, i believe in giving them time. If they do not perform upto my expectation then my bad side would start.

Have given the vehicle for service today in a dealer service station.
KMS clocked: 1100.

Below are the jobs that would be done:
1. 1st free service
2. Oil, filter, Etc change change,
3. Fix bolt for underbody cover (Which got lost few days back).
4. Fix the fender mud covers
5. Fix the rear mud covers
6. Tighten all bolts and nuts
7. Checked for steering rattling (This was informed by their driver who came to drop me back home).
8. Interior, exterior water wash and cleaning

I came upon a good info from a SE. He informed that oil change would not be necessary as Maruti has sent a certain batch of engine numbers to all dealers not to change the oil.
Later when he checked my car's info, he had found that the engine number was not in that batch. Hence, had to change the oil (Unfortunately).

When enquired further, he informed that the batch numbers mentioned were Dec end/ Jan manufactured cars. Those cars were given to customers with premium oil (Synthetic) by Maruti to avoid any performance issues if any.[clap]

No major complains in the car except a very minor scratch on the bottom left of the front bumper while parking. Hopefullt it would be resolved by rubbing polish work.

Delivery is scheduled to happen today late noon but i would be able to take it only tomorrow morning. Will keep this thread updated with the service results and differences.

My First free Service Break Up is as below for Swift ZDi in BLR.
Rs725/- for Oil (15w40)IOCL
Oil filter Rs 325/-
Labour free.
Thanks a bunch nagasaki. I hope that the service cost would take about 1K. Now i wonder how guys were telling that the maintainance cost for diesel cars are more?[frustration]
Maintenance cost for Diesel Cars?

For My Manza Diesel

1st Service, 1000 km: Rs 0

2nd Service, 5000 km: Rs 450 (Oil top up after a 4000 km round trip in summer)

3rd Service, 10000 km: Rs 3500 (Synthetic Oil change, filter, wheel balancing etc)

Thread Starter #99
Maintenance cost for Diesel Cars?

For My Manza Diesel

1st Service, 1000 km: Rs 0

2nd Service, 5000 km: Rs 450 (Oil top up after a 4000 km round trip in summer)

3rd Service, 10000 km: Rs 3500 (Synthetic Oil change, filter, wheel balancing etc)
Thanks for pouring in your suggestions autosafari!
Here, i needed to change the oil hence the cost involved would not be "0" in my case.
I will keep a close tab on the maintainance and let you folks know more about it.

congratulations on your new car purchase.also good that you choosed zdi top end variant, not only it has needed safety features but also best brakes available in new swift, i have driven all variants and zdi,zxi have the best stock brakes equipped with abs compared to ldi/vdi and petrol counterpart.Why not new grey shade looks very good and not commonly seen on road.Anyways enjoy your new ride.

Oh ya i forgot that you are planning to change the oil. For my friend Saravana's i20 we waited for 2 hours and took back the car with us , he did not change the oil and had no complaints and hence bill was also "0".

Looking forward for regular updates. But i can assure that Swift is one of the least maintenance diesel hatch , several of my friends are extremely happy with the car.

BTW what is your third point? I don't get it , what undercover?[confused]

Top Bottom