The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In [210+ BHP Remap]

Thread Starter #616
Re: The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In - Remapped 210+ BHP [65K Kms Crossed

That's probably one of the best conveyed emotions for a Mitsubishi (got off a whatapp group) :-
Perfectly symbolizes the Mitsubishi engineering and owner sentiment!

IMG-20180629-WA0014.jpg

Re: The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In - Remapped 210+ BHP [65K Kms Crossed

Hey IR,

How has been your long term experience with Pete's mapping? Where did you get it done?
Any effects on the mileage of the vehicle?

Waiting for your night pics with the LEDs

regards,
Kinshuk

Last edited:
Thread Starter #618

Hey IR,

How has been your long term experience with Pete's mapping? Where did you get it done?
Any effects on the mileage of the vehicle?

Waiting for your night pics with the LEDs

regards,
Kinshuk
Hey Kingshuk long time, hows the XUV!
Petes has been fabulous , no detrimental effect on mileage, since my driving style remains same, mileage largely remains same, gear shifts reduce a little.

It was done by the world famous Jeep Captain(Shibu) at my apartment itself..

These are el cheapo LEDs off aliexpress but surprisingly they have lasted an year [lol] - will click at night and send.

xuv is doing great nearing 70k, on stock clutch and tyres. have to get new aux lamps for it, thinking of putting the aliexpress ones led for high beams, performance upgrades on hold for now.

Thread Starter #620

xuv is doing great nearing 70k, on stock clutch and tyres. have to get new aux lamps for it, thinking of putting the aliexpress ones led for high beams, performance upgrades on hold for now.
Bridgestone lasts long - i guess yours is bridgestone, only thing is even if the tread lasts , the tyres do get brittle around 5 years or so - keep a watch. Clutch will easily cross a lakh km if you are using it with care.

Lot of lamp options and brands now from expensive to downright cheap!
What performance upgrades were you planning ?

Bridgestone lasts long - i guess yours is bridgestone, only thing is even if the tread lasts , the tyres do get brittle around 5 years or so - keep a watch. Clutch will easily cross a lakh km if you are using it with care.

Lot of lamp options and brands now from expensive to downright cheap!
What performance upgrades were you planning ?
Mine are JK Elanzos, the grip levels are still pretty good.

For performance I am always in 2 minds, I normally drive around 90-100kmph, so performance doesnt even make that much sense, I was thinking of remapping initially.

I am also thinking about an amp cum woofer from alpine, but not for now.

Currently I am looking for auxlamps, confused between Hellas 100W halogens like the rallye 3000 or a local HID lamp with a 9 inch reflector.

Thread Starter #622

^^ Ahh elanzos! then good life extracted!
My suggestion is not go for remapping in XUV.

Lights plenty of options now - Bhvm can suggest a few! I am myself looking for an aux pair in the vcross.

Thread Starter #624

I happened to check the wheel alignment out of curiosity..err after many years, yes never touched last several years now as never had any pull or uneven wear or anything. At 66k nearly now still its perfect and required no tweaks! I am pleasantly surprised!
Jai mahishmati, err Mitsubishi!

Hi IR,

Nice ownership feedback throughout the thread, I missed it from long. Though I have never drove the new Pajero Sport anytime, but I always felt it would be very aggressive with its power delivery. So curious to know that what made you to go for mapping and what kind of positive difference you have experienced with that.[:)]

Thread Starter #626

Arey Sir where art thou!
The Sport is in its 5th year but i am glad you are saying new pajero sport.[;)]

To be honest I hadn't planned remapping it, But after the Vcross mapping, Peter sahab(from Pete's) asked me to try the PS remap - and once I tried there was no going back.

To be honest stock PS has a weak low end, punchy mid and high! With the remap the gear shifts have gone down but the mid range and high has gone ballistic - wheel spin anytime i want literally if you drive that way. Overtakes has become extremely easy and drive ability is good. Its more silent than before. Also torque has improved in a healthy way for off-road especially.

Not that i drive in race mode - but once a while on a open/controlled roads the legs stretch for a brief moment(and i reset the FE meter to get away from the pain). At the same time no impact on FE per say overall in my normal driving, my FE remains in same range as before. Its a very safe remap knowing Peter - so i went for it. Knowing you have over 200bhp on tap is a good feeling even if you dont put all that on the road - it was just my way to shield myself from the blitz of new Endeavours and Fortuners! (AG succumbed, I am still resisting!:biggrin: - i close my eyes and clean up my drool every time i see the new fortuner or the big 3.2 Endy)

Last edited:

Arey Sir where art thou!
The Sport is in its 5th year but i am glad you are saying new pajero sport.[;)]

To be honest I hadn't planned remapping it, But after the Vcross mapping, Peter sahab(from Pete's) asked me to try the PS remap - and once I tried there was no going back.

To be honest stock PS has a weak low end, punchy mid and high! With the remap the gear shifts have gone down but the mid range and high has gone ballistic - wheel spin anytime i want literally if you drive that way. Overtakes has become extremely easy and drive ability is good. Its more silent than before. Also torque has improved in a healthy way for off-road especially.

Not that i drive in race mode - but once a while on a open/controlled roads the legs stretch for a brief moment(and i reset the FE meter to get away from the pain). At the same time no impact on FE per say overall in my normal driving, my FE remains in same range as before. Its a very safe remap knowing Peter - so i went for it. Knowing you have over 200bhp on tap is a good feeling even if you dont put all that on the road - it was just my way to shield myself from the blitz of new Endeavours and Fortuners! (AG succumbed, I am still resisting!:biggrin: - i close my eyes and clean up my drool every time i see the new fortuner or the big 3.2 Endy)
IR,

Sorry I really missed your thread for a long !! do not know how[:)]

Thank you for the detailed information on remapping. If I look at that there looks to be lot of positive things with that and I wonder why the OEM of the car do not focus on such things to make it such good for low end torque or power delivery or making it more refined IF the mapping not going to disturb any stock things. I often get this doubt on many cars under performing OR under tuned. The case of my Ritz also similar as it has a very bad low end torque in my opinion but I do not blame the OEM for that as his preference on power delivery related to FE must be different. But really so lot of positive things with the mapping experience of yours and wish I could have tried it some 5 years back for my car. By the way how about the costs doing that and if am not wrong Petes is of Bangalore ??

Anyway happy to note that you are gaining much with that on your Pajero and wish it continues for long..

Thread Starter #628

Sir, OE maps are kept conservative as the manufacturer as to deal with a lot of variety of customer base from very subtle to very aggressive, from good drivers to extremely poor - so tolerances have to be built keeping that in mind - else warranty issues can sink the company - so generally manufacturers keep a good tolerance aside on the safer aside.

Also importantly richer tunes require advanced DPF and exhaust systems - remapping can cause PUC issues and hence i dont prefer aggressive remaps - more importantly we dont want to leave a polluting planet to our children. So better to stick to a slight improvement and avoid the black smoke (which is a worrying byproduct of many remaps as they tune richer fuel delivery). Expensive cars usually come with advanced DPF and exhaust systems - Mercedes uses what it calls bluetec which is an adblue solution in exhaust to breakdown NOX - has to replenished regularly, some even have a separate motor to burn exhaust soot every few hundred kms(like the isuzus abroad).

We will see more of such tech as we get closer to BS6 and beyond!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #629
Re: The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In - Remapped 210+ BHP [66K Kms Crossed

Since I am in a Infinity war mode with the rats, i wanted some more protection from the rats. Had read about 3M rodent treatment though no idea on the effectiveness. Nevertheless i went ahead and did it last week - will monitor over a month - as per the dealer the treatment lasts an year to 1.5 years under normal conditions. No idea or way to check except trialing it - apparently the rats dont bite parts that are sprayed. Since monsoon and winters are worst time for rodent attacks, i got this done now.

The process is fairly simple, 2 sprays of can sprayed adequately as 2 coats over entire engine area, additionally i got the wiper base , air inlet area done too. While spraying it smells like acetone, but thereafter no smell which is good!

First step is to clean the engine bay thoroughly
IMG_20180713_162129.jpg
Then come these babies sprayed adequately
IMG_20180713_162401.jpg

IMG_20180713_164204.jpg

Looks supremely yummy!
IMG_20180713_165804.jpg

IMG_20180713_165845.jpg

IMG_20180713_165852.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom