The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In [210+ BHP Remap]

Re: The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In

The best so far was a guy who was telling his friend that this is the new fortuner . Most cant spell Mitsubishi correctly leave alone knowing it well. I keep nodding my head!
Make it a point to sell the pajero sport to him as a new fortuner whenever the time arrives. [;)]

You never know, it may turn out to be profitable transaction.[lol]

Thread Starter #32
Re: The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In

Update on Cruise Control :- When i scouting for a SUV, CC was a mandatory feature for me, but both my shortlists Fortuner and Pajero Sport dont have CC (in manual versions) - so i had to look for a kit (ideally OEM) which could be an easy fit. After some research and thanks to some friends i succeeded in doing so!

In this link i found a DIY from a gentlemen from thailand , that was useful but his Pajero was an autobox , so will this work for a manual was the big question!

Since the DIY includes a brake switch as well, i was about 80% confident it would work with the manual Pajero Sport as well, I believe (not sure) that the SA Pajero Sport has cruise control in manual version. From a driver's perspective i always advocated that the CC is the single most relaxing feature, it helps you stretch your legs in long journeys and move around that little bit, improving circulation - in expressways if you want to enjoy a leisurely drive a CC comes very handy. I use it for most of the Mumbai-Pune stretch regularly except for the ghat part off course.

Since our Pajero Sport is CKD and imported from Thailand, i bought the part from Thailand(i have part numbers with me for brake switch and steering module and yes you also require the clutch switch) - having it all OEM is the best option than after market CC in my view.

IMG-20140121-WA0011.jpg

The process is fairly simple :-

To stay on the safer side, i disconnected the battery terminal before starting the process. First turn the wheel and remove the two screws on the right side of the steering, if you remove the other two on the left you will get even ore space to work as the CC terminal on the steering is very short and it will be hard to work with just one side opened.

IMG_20140122_101700.jpg

Once that right silver placeholder on the steering is removed (just pry it out) , you will see a blue cable inside, plug in the cable in the procured CC module and fix it back in the same silver slot - it is a direct fit. Then screw back the screws you opened beside the steering. Connect back the battery terminals if case you disconnected it.

IMG_20140122_101654.jpg

Put the ignition key and keep it on on position. Press the on/off switch once and viola you will see cruise control green light on the dashboard - that is good news!

IMG_20140122_101832.jpg

Next step is to replace the brake switch under the dash, you will need to unscrew the driver side under dashboard black cover (alongside steering column) and just replace the existing 2 pin brake switch with this new brake switch. Once you have done that, check if the brake light comes up business as usual once you press the brake pedal. This brake switch is essential to ensure the CC disengages when brake is pressed.

IMG_20140122_102952.jpg

Screw the cover back and you are done! Here is how the steering looks after the job.

IMG_20140122_183555.jpg

The cruise control works over 40kmph - its a very basic setup with no facilities to increase and decrease speeds using the buttons. There is a cancel and resume button which works just as intended. There is one catch though, i noticed when the CC is engaged and the clutch is pressed, the CC gets disengaged(which is obviously intended) however the rpm goes up very briefly by about 300-600rpm depending on the speed you are in and revert backs to normal then, this happens in a microsecond really - my suggestion is the clutch should not be used to disengage CC, use the brakes or the cancel button. As far as functionality goes everything works as intended, operational successful and patient alive too!

EDIT :- I was wrong, the ACC RES and COAST SET buttons are polymorphic in nature and do the function of + and - respectively, single click increments by 1 kmph or so, continuous pressing leads to adrenalin rush, so in short CC has all features as normal.

EDIT :- So as i mentioned elsewhere in the review my experience of installing the CC has been great with just the one hiccup of RPM going up every time you use the clutch to disengage the CC - it was pretty apparent that there was missing kink in the chain, further discussions with our new member A.G confirmed this thought process that there ought to be a clutch switch as well similar to the brake switch, exchanged part numbers with AG and thanks to his confirmation went ahead and procured it from Thailand, the installation is pretty simple and all it needs is to open up the lowest plastic component below the steering underneath the dashboard and requires long deft hands to place in the clutch switch connector and tighten the nuts, the nut position should be same as before to ensure clutch play remains similar, the existing connector would be just a bolt it is replaced by a bolt with black housing holding the 2 pin connector - so what essentially this does is it disengages the CC without a shift in RPM when you press the clutch. It takes hardly 10 mins to install this. This is a must have component for Manual vehicles if you are installing a CC, please note this component is not required in the AT vehicle for obvious reasons.

Clutch Switch

IMG_20160102_115635.jpg

Installation diagram (pic courtesy AG)

received_10153272183962913.jpeg

Clutch Switch installed underneath the clutch pedal accessed from the driver side footwell - sorry for image quality will take a fresh one later

IMG_20160102_121422.jpg

Picture of the brake switch which was installed previously

IMG_20160102_121542.jpg

All 3 components pictured - photo courtesy AG again.

received_10153272177357913.jpeg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #34
Re: The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In [2K crossed]

I did some mickey mouse offroading this weekend, as with the rest the 4x4 components have to lightly run in as well is my view, so put the low ratio(4HLc) through a minor running in.

I was at the other farm near the raigad fort and there is a small dam beside, thought might scale it :-

The dam wall to scale

IMG_20140209_125102.jpg

IMG_20140209_130835.jpg

IMG_20140209_130859.jpg

The dog lifting one of the its leg to mark the territory:tongue:

IMG_20140209_131200-1.jpg

IMG_20140209_131247.jpg

IMG_20140209_131304-1.jpg

Nice articulation

IMG_20140209_131230.jpg

IMG_20140208_173918.jpg

View of the Small dam

IMG_20140208_174149.jpg

IMG_20140208_174202.jpg

IMG_20140208_174227.jpg

IMG_20140209_131556.jpg

Back home and the owner giving a customary weekend spa treatment

IMG_20140209_165537.jpg

IMG_20140209_165555.jpg

With an err Petrol Indica Vista for company - we have one in the family as rare as a pink crow.

IMG_20140209_165627.jpg

While returning took the very scenic and my favourite ghat road in maharashtra - bhor(longest in MH) - very fulfilling and engaging drive - A TAI meet here in monsoon is highly recommended!

IMG_20140209_180248.jpg

IMG_20140209_180302.jpg

IMG_20140209_180708.jpg

Last edited:
Re: The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In [2K Kms Crossed]

Cool pics. I want to lick your Pajero. Drool.

Is that rear fog/reverse lamp vulnerable to a hit or it only seems so in the 5th snap from top?

How much does the engine rpm increase in 4HLc/LLc?

Bhor is India's answer to the Grand Canyon in the same way as I am an answer to Arnold Schwarzenegger[glasses]. Cheap thrills:biggrin:.

Next time you post such pics, precede them with 'Dont try this at home'[cheers]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #36

Its the reverse lamp, very little chance of damaging it without hitting the exhaust or spare tire underneath. Didnt notice rpm this time as i was busy ensuring i dont fall in the other side of the dam :suspect: - will keep an eye for the next time.

Yepp Bhor Ghat is brilliant - mesmerising views in monsoon and especially the traffic is always less on it compared to other options. Its very twisty all through the way and dam water views on the pune side is worth it!

The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In [2K Kms Crossed]

Hearty congratulations on your new brawn IR.The PS has floored me.Glued to your thread.Keep up the good updates coming. I already know what my future upgrade from the Storme might be.Thank you.

Thread Starter #38

^^ Thanks Vignesh ! I wish HM does more for this to influence buyers and instill confidence.
Its a phenomenal vehicle and it indeed sounds like the perfect upgrade from your storme.

Update on the FE part - this full tank i got 13.27km/l (60/40 highways/city split with some mickey mouse offroading added)- which quite simply makes me a very happy bunny. Not many in this segment bother about FE as much as i do, but it is indeed important to me. When i was in the process of selecting the vehicle - i didnt want a big hit from the FE front as well, i read over the internet about owners talking of single digit figures for such huge behemoths.

I have always and consistently got better averages than the ARAI numbers and i thought to myself 12.5 should be a good average of average number. Since the vehicle has barely run in and i am already getting 13 plus for my driving style which i am very pleased about.

Every vehicle has its sweet spots and its up to the owner to find it - i think i understand the PS better now :-

Where it provides good FE :-

1) Surprisingly i get decent FE in city, no not talking of traffic jam driving but sedate driving like 30kmph in 3rd gear or 40-45kmph in 4th gear - Try this in the PS and you will surprise yourself.

2) Highway driving 60-70 kmph - 5th gear

Over 100kmph it begins to drop and especially drops in ghats and uphill drives.
it idles at just over 600rpm with the ac off and around 800+rpm with the AC on.

My style is to minimise brake usage and drive in a leisurely way , at times i do go on sports mode but that is rare occasions only. And yes just finished 3k kms! I can feel the engine and gearbox slowly opening up - nice and smooth.

Update on the FE part - this full tank i got 13.27km/l (60/40 highways/city split with some mickey mouse offroading added)-
Congratulations IR for the red mighty Pajero Sport.

The above fuel Efficiency is with A/C or Without A/C? How is the engagement of gear transmission lever, smooth or hard?

Thread Starter #40
Re: The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In [3K Kms Crossed]

Thanks Mathew !

Good question, i missed mentioning, its without AC for 70% of the time! I also used 4H sparingly and some mickey mouse offroading.

Gear transmission is cheesy smooth, never had a false slot - its a bit manly and not slick say like a XUV - i find it good, clutch is slightly hard than what we are used to though. I have no complaints however.

Last edited:

Congratulations Iron Rock for your Pajero, the red color is looking very good. One questions about CC, Since you have installed the CC yourself will there be any warranty issues? More over this setup is for Pajero sport only or it can be fit in any other vehicle?

Thread Starter #42

Thanks Mukesh, this is not a custom CC but an OEM CC from Mitsubishi Thailand which i imported, it wont work with a Storme. I bought the parts after consultations with HM including verifying part numbers - they didn't mention about warranty issues nor did i ask, so i guess we have a gentlemen's agreement running here.

In your case you'll need to check for some universal cruise control kits - but needs research if those will indeed work with the Storme.

Steering Wheel of a Left Hand Drive Pajero Sport:

Steering wheel of Left Hand Drive (LHD) and RHD are same. So the mount control options for cruise control are there on the steering wheel. IR, you added a wonderful feature to Pajero Sport.

When it come to light and wiper controls, LHD and RHD are just opposite. Light controls are on the left side while wiper controls on right side for an LHD. On Indian vehicles, RHD, the wiper controls are on left side, while light controls on right side.

DSC04051.jpg

Thread Starter #44

Yepp I cant live without a CC , XUV has spoilt me rotten!
Btw those AC switches look old school, durable but ageing design, the PS in India has newer knobs.

Top Bottom