The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In [210+ BHP Remap]

Thread Starter #631
Re: The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In - Remapped 210+ BHP [66K Kms Crossed

^^ Sorry missed mentioning - that costed me 1338 INR!

Re: The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In - Remapped 210+ BHP [66K Kms Crossed

Since I am in a Infinity war mode with the rats, i wanted some more protection for the rats. Had read about 3M rodent treatment though no idea on the effectiveness. Nevertheless i went ahead and did it last week - will monitor over a month - as per the dealer the treatment lasts an year to 1.5 years under normal conditions. No idea or way to check except trialing it - apparently the rats dont bite parts that are sprayed. Since monsoon and winters are worst time for rodent attacks, i got this done now.

The process is fairly simple, 2 sprays of can sprayed adequately as 2 coats over entire engine area, additionally i got the wiper base , air inlet area done too. While spraying it smells like acetone, but thereafter no smell which is good!
Cant we buy these cans directly from 3M or Online ?

Thread Starter #633

I didnt check that, however the MRP printed on each can was 1500 or over. In theory you can do it easily at home if you can procure it.

Re: The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In

Update on Cruise Control
Hey Iron Rock, Need to know where to source these 3 parts. Planning to do a full south east India coastal trip sometime soon. Need to fix this.

Will drive from Chandigarh - Hyderabad in november as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #635
Re: The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In - Remapped 210+ BHP [67K Kms Crossed

Now many dealers have this - Check with Varun - Total care for Pajero (Facebook)- you should be able to get under 9k or so now.

and a very warm welcome to the forum :)

Btw PS crossed 68K and chugging along boringly well - With the remap i am having to battle hard for ensure i get the same FE as before as its very easy now to drive fast. Tyres look good for another 20k(err) but its already 5 year old so intend to replace it later this year - wondering whats a small upsize possible without it hitting anywhere or lifting it(just a tyre replacement on stock alloys).

Last edited:
Thread Starter #636
Re: The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In - Remapped 210+ BHP [68K Kms Crossed

Well not much of a update over a month - the PS has crossed 70k (nearly 71k now and feels just like day 1).
70k and 5 years complete on stock tyres, stock brake pads and stock battery!

Post monsoon i wanted to do a proper professional round of polishing/coating.
I have been seeing a lot of 9h ceramic coat advertisements - but excruciatingly expensive - so i decided to buy off aliexpress something that is popular and give it a try.

I ended up buying one set of 9h stuff and one set of 10h stuff - if you aren't familiar what 9h or 10h means , please refer to below link - basically its a qualitative scale for scratch resistance. 10h means equivalent of a diamond! Do check the absolute scale too to get a comparative idea. Its like a hard glass coat over the whole car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohs_scale_of_mineral_hardness

But remember the harder it is - the more difficult it is to apply.
The process to apply is to first prepare the surface as you would in any polishing process including claying/rubbing/ polishing etc and finally you apply the coat and buff it. There is a specific process to do that and it takes about 24 hrs to cure after which you apply a maintenance coat.

The product claims it to be lifetime especially the 10h one - but only time will tell :biggrin:. Initial impressions are very good, the water beading capability and hydrophobic nature is a boon especially when you want to clean cars - one more point to note is after this coat dont wash the car for 7 days and thereafter use a ph neutral shampoo. I wont try out the scratch resistance myself, but surely the Pune 2 wheeler riders will give me that joy shortly [frustration].

Some pics for visual joy - the vehicle looks brand new nearly and its 5 years old now!
In the PS I applied the 10h coat - Vcross is next!

IMG_20181012_121618.jpg

IMG_20181012_201725.jpg

IMG_20181012_201744-01.jpeg

IMG_20181012_202026.jpg

IMG-20181010-WA0033.jpeg

IMG-20181010-WA0035.jpeg

IMG_20181021_202340.jpg

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In - Remapped 210+ BHP [70K Kms Crossed

Amazing Job IR,
Paj is gleaming like anything.
Did you apply the coating as a DIY? If so do share the process and secrets of application.

BTW Paj has a 2wd/4wd indicator in the center dials itself. Showing its emphasis on offroading! very nice.

Last edited:
Re: The Mighty Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Drives In - Remapped 210+ BHP [70K Kms Crossed

Great Going IR.

How did you apply the coating? I have also been contemplating to get this done for sometime now but as you said its too expensive. I also dont have a machine to apply it myself otherwise would have done by now. Do you have a polishing machine?

regards,
Kinshuk

Thread Starter #639

Thanks bhvm, it was semi DIY, I listed out the process and the boys did it at a detailing outlet (ex 3m guy). Once the surface is prepared and all polishing is done, this coat is to be hand applied. To be honest the first time we tried we had some difficulties as 10H coat is very hard to buff, the trick is to not wait much and simply buff.

Please check this video, i followed a similar process. This coat basically seals the entire surface and forms a protective hard glass like surface - so has to be done after surface is effectively cleaned and polished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x_pYJNWOk0

@ Kinshuk i figured an inexpensive way out, bought it off aliexpress and did it at a known guys place - please see above video for application, surface preparation etc you are already an expert - this step comes at the end of it, clean it with a polish, spray a little water, use the liquid and spread it panel by panel and buff it off, let it cure for a day and go a maintenance coat and buff that off too immediately. This application doesnt require a machine, but the previous steps before this, buffing machine is good to have.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member

IR, You also need those heat panels to melt the glaze and sort of bake it (like real glass/cermaic) for sometime. Right?

Thread Starter #641

IR, You also need those heat panels to melt the glaze and sort of bake it (like real glass/cermaic) for sometime. Right?
No not needed - once applied this thing hardens pretty much immediately, just apply on a small panel area and within a min buff it off (depends on ambient temperature) in the area you are at. Just google other 9h videos too - the basic process is the same for 9h and 10h - only difference is 10h hardens faster and you need a good applicator who follows the discipline of applying and buffing.

here is another video for reference :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byKcYsEyWGk

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member

Maybe this is different type of coating.
From my research last year, Original ceramic coating is only one which uses large heat lamps to sort of melt it into place and cures into a tough coat. One can use it as a clue between original coating and fake (Usually wax & Buff) techniques used by many dealers. BTW, now that you have found different type of coating it will be a boon for DIY.

Thread Starter #643

I bought this one - half price right now on aliexpress(for the next 1 hr or so) !

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...n-20181111.promoteRecommendProducts_6362883.1

One thing though, how long it lasts is something only time will tell, even though they have tall claims - i am always someone who likes to experiment - i think if it lasts 2 years atleast ill be a happy bunny!

Last edited:

The biggest problem is investment in a good polishing machine. living on 8th floor also doesnt help with the case of buying one from the home ministry. lets see if I can find anyone near by to apply this for me.

Thread Starter #645

The biggest problem is investment in a good polishing machine. living on 8th floor also doesnt help with the case of buying one from the home ministry. lets see if I can find anyone near by to apply this for me.
If you can come by Kharadi, ill sort you with my guy - whose ex 3m for several years, now manages an independent detailing centre on the nagar road. He is the only guy i trust in pune for such a job. They have their own 9h detailing too, however in my case they did with the material i provided.

heck ill sort out an automotive india exclusive deal for anyone who wants any detailing job done here [;)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom