The Life in a Workshop

Thread Starter #1
Its been around 45 days since i have joined the workshop & there are tons of things i have learned. Like Engine rebuilds,clutch plate changing,axle changing,fault detection,brake bleeding,clutch bleeding,etc etc etc

Below is a pic which shows me working on the car.(was removing the cross-member below)

The first thing to do on Monday is get the engine out of the corolla & open it up.[evil]

Have even opened/rebuilt esteem,NHC engines. (Obviously not alone)

reason for telling u all this ? - Just wanted to share.[lol]

Attachments

Thread Starter #4
The engine was out of the car today,gearbox,tappet cover,axles,clutch plate,flywheel,etc were all removed by lunch time.

04102010.jpg

Later came out the oil chamber,crank case,crank shaft & then the pistons.

The engine block has been sent to get the work done & new pistons,connecting rods will be ordered tomorrow.

It will be a damn fun to work like this. used to do them 2 years back , miss those days!!

it is better way to learn about engines and gear box ..

I always think about this - how genius is a man! , actually how did he get this idea!! so on

Man , must be fun but lots of hard work! Enjoy yourself dude!

And as they say practicals is best when it comes to learning!

Thread Starter #8
The car sports a FFE & CAI . Its raining heavily since a few days here in Pune & the car was driven through some water logged roads. Water sucked in & "Khataak" engine gone :D

Thread Starter #12
So Neil any updates about the Corolla's engine
Its gonna take time. Dont know how much.

@ neil: buddy, you reminded me my good old days! i love that oil on hair, grease, stains... wow!
Even i am loving it.[:D]

Corolla engine.jpg

Above is the pic showing corollas engine all washed & being put back so that it could be sent for machining.The corolla standing behind(white) was done by me all alone.

Thread Starter #15
Lucky to have worked on this [;)]

Nissan z32

a 1.jpg

I request mods to lock this thread if possible since i no longer would be updating it.(will reply to the queries)

Last edited:

Top Bottom