The KTM Duke 200 and I

Congrat's on your Orange beast, The way you have written the review goes on to show your passion for two wheels, you surely are a Biker at heart.

Please keep updating this thread on a regular basis.

Great review for a great bike! Congrats for the Orange Leopard.

In one of the pics mileage shown on display is 71 KMPL. or 1.4 Liters for 100 KM. Not sure its real. Might be due to the bike on a side stand.

Also, suggest you to get a puncture guard coating on the tyres. You do not want to get the delicate rear set up disturbed in case of a rear puncture.

Wish you a trouble free riding for years n years.

Regards,
Maddy

Congrats [clap]
Acceleration is great and it will do 0-100Kmph in some 9 secs. Top speeds people have hit and speedo indicated is close to 140Kmph
Wow thats really cool

Jalex congrats for your duke, the first one in TAI! the review is great and seems like you had a lucky start. [clap]

Keep more info coming.

BTW Jalex, is Orange/Black the only colour combination or are there any other options?
Yes, Duke only has one color on sale. Wished it would have come in Green Black combo.

Hearty Congratulations Jalex, I was waiting for the review for quite some days last week, thought let me not ping you and disturb the conversation you will be having with new found soul(or born again one!) -i was away this weekend and just read your review, fantastic stuff really and we need more pics please!!

Fit and Finish seems excellent - let us know the answer to the quintessential question "kitna deti hai?"

The 91 octane thing - how are you going to manage that situation ? Also i would suggest a orange fiery helmet to match the beast!

Congrats once again and will be keenly following this thread!

Thread Starter #25
Congrat's on your Orange beast, The way you have written the review goes on to show your passion for two wheels, you surely are a Biker at heart.

Please keep updating this thread on a regular basis.
You can say that again, Once a biker always a biker they say [:)]
And sure, I will be upgrading the thread.

Great review for a great bike! Congrats for the Orange Leopard.

In one of the pics mileage shown on display is 71 KMPL. or 1.4 Liters for 100 KM. Not sure its real. Might be due to the bike on a side stand.

Also, suggest you to get a puncture guard coating on the tyres. You do not want to get the delicate rear set up disturbed in case of a rear puncture.

Wish you a trouble free riding for years n years.

Regards,
Maddy
Thanks you Maddy. The 71Kmpl read came after riding the bike 6 Kms downhill. Its possible as the bike was rolling downhill with little or no throttle input.

BTW Jalex, is Orange/Black the only colour combination or are there any other options?
There are some sticker sets available in the KTM Power Parts bin which can make the bike look different and otherwise the bike is only available in one colour combination like Vishwas said.

Hearty Congratulations Jalex, I was waiting for the review for quite some days last week, thought let me not ping you and disturb the conversation you will be having with new found soul(or born again one!) -i was away this weekend and just read your review, fantastic stuff really and we need more pics please!!

Fit and Finish seems excellent - let us know the answer to the quintessential question "kitna deti hai?"

The 91 octane thing - how are you going to manage that situation ? Also i would suggest a orange fiery helmet to match the beast!

Congrats once again and will be keenly following this thread!
Thank You Iron Rock, I was a little busy last week, Had some things to tend to back at home. Hope I did not keep you waiting for too long for the review.

Your words were the reason make a decision so fast. Never get that kind of support from friends usually. When they came to know about my plan, they just said things like, "Are you nuts?, 1 lakh plus for a bike???; Shell out some more, Ditch the Alto and get a bigger car." They will never understand what biking means to me as most of them have never even rode a bike and probably wont ever realize what it feels like to be bitten by the Biker bug. The baby Duke gives me more fun and takes me higher than a car that costs ten folds more. What more do I need? I'm Happy as can be.

The Duke is currently giving me around 35kmpl and about the fuel, I'm running on a cocktail of regular and 91 octane. Whenever I see 91 is available, I tank up to the brim, When its not I go for regular. I also came across somewhere that all Petrol is 91 octane now, Dont know how true that is. And I also have got a new helmet.

Jalex congrats for your duke, the first one in TAI! the review is great and seems like you had a lucky start. [clap]

Keep more info coming.

Yes, Duke only has one color on sale. Wished it would have come in Green Black combo.
Thank You Vishwas, Its the first one in my District as well. I think there is a green Black combo sticker set available with KTM, But still to be made available here.

Congrats [clap]
Wow thats really cool
Thank You Surfer.

Adding some more pics of the bike and my lids, The Red/Orange/White is the new one. Another thing is that I'll be taking the bike to Trivandrum for its first service this Wednesday or Thursday. Will be getting the KTM Rim Stickers in Orange and the tank pads possibly. Also planning to get Motul 7100 4T 20W50.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
Oops forgot to mention of the New Orange Helmet.[embarass]

The bike reminds me of Knight and Day Movie, TOM Cruise's last escape scene with Cameron Diaz on a Ducati.
Knight-and-day.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom