THE HERO OF ALL TERRAIN - Nissan Patrol LE

Thread Starter #1
First of all let me tell you these are the last days of this big beast with us, my father is coming back to india and unfortunately selling the Patrol.

My dad was always a car fanatic, we had A Hummer H2, a 2008 Dodge Charger R/T ( I had posted a review in the old version of TAI back in 2009), though a monster, was a pretty cramped machine. And we had sold the Hummer.

In 2011 december the New Nissan Patrol was launched in the middle east . Me and Dad went to check out the vehicle. The showroom guy showed us a Black patrol and the new features it sports over the previous model ( i'll get back to the features later ).
Then straightway he took us to a special offroading track nissan has made to demonstrate the potentials of its Suvs. The SA showed us what all the patrol could do, my father was pretty impressed !

We checked out couple of other SUVs of the same class - The Lexus Lx570 , Toyota Land Cruiser 5.7 V8, Land Rover discovery HSE, Mercedes Gl, the X5 and the Infiniti QX( basically same as patrol other than the batch).
None of these could blow our hearts the way the big Nissan did.

Finally a Purple Nissan patrol LE was standing outside the showroom ready to be delivered to us.

This car is leagues ahead in everything as compared to the older model, which felt totally outdated and utilitarian.

Nissan did couple of "segment first" while developing this car. First of all the engine - The 5.6 litre V8 churns out Nice 400 horses mated to an 8 speed box . This engine according to Nissan sports the world's first Direct Injection Gasoline system. Not a single vibration is felt when you are sitting inside although its bit audible when accelerating hard ( After all its a V8!)
Then comes the suspension, A segment First ! Hydraulic independent Shock absorbers , resulting in the smoothest of ride over the harshest terrains.

Few things which deserve to be told about the patrol -

1. A beautifully stitched Complete leather interior ( and i mean Pure leather ) with an option of black or beige shade. We opted for the beige one.
2. Nice Sofa like huge electric seats with height detector.
3. Electrically adjustable steering collumn
4. Electrochromic sunroof
5. Terrain response control ( just like a range rover)
6. Hill ascent and decent control along with auto park brake
7. Nissan vehicle command system ( like the i Drive of BMW) which hosted couple of offroading menus along with A BOSE entertainment package with independent rear and front screens , a 80GB hard drive and two wireless headphones.
8. Wide angled front and rear view cameras, a combination of cameras for the 360 degree view of the vehicle with graphical representation.
9. Two roof mounted Radars and a infrared scanners for the Adaptive cruise control , lane departure warning and correction system, auto brakes and Night vision.
10. Electrically folding 2nd row .
11. A powered Tailgate which was pretty fun operate!

Plus all the standard features which an SUV of this class sports.

On the fuel efficiency front it returns around 5 kmpl!! Its a great highway cruiser ( trust me it handles like a sports car) as well as an awsome offroader.

We have clocked just 6700 kms on it and now it is being sold to an arab gentleman who i think would take a good care of her as arabs love their cars.:)

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Nice review. You have had a great collection of cars. I can visualize how thrilling it would be to drive this massive vehicle with a powerful 5.6 Liter V8 under its hood. Do share some more pictures of Nissan Patrol.

Drive Safe,
350Z

That's one big beast and very nice one indeed. I drove the Nissan Armada once and this one looks even bigger then that. Do post some interior pictures buddy.

My dad was always a car fanatic, we had A Hummer H2, a 2008 Dodge Charger R/T ( I had posted a review in the old version of TAI back in 2009), though a monster, was a pretty cramped machine. And we had sold the Hummer.
Well,leave aside everything.Forget the cars and first of all answer one query of mine:-
Buddy cars can be bought for some cash,but from where do you people get such enthusiastic fathers??
While I have been pressing mine for a Merc for more than an year,showing him everything from Sumo to BMW X5 and Esteem to E class always I get same reply "Why to burn so much cash on car?We can get a good property in Noida or Gurgaon and will get great returns too!![cry]
While yours one has got you V6s,V8s etc etc,I am sure if yours could have got more than enough cash then even the first Lambo of the Meerut will be owned by him only...[clap]

Thread Starter #6
Well vipul buddy, i think its Genetics!
My great grand father had a huge fleet of cars back in his days including a Buick, an Opel, And a cadillac (gifted by some king ). My grand father though not an enthusiast but loves cars as well.
And for my father well i would say if we had stayed a bit longer in the middle east he would sure have got a GTR or a viper.! He is never a brand conscious person , i mean we could have gone for a Mercedes Sl when he got the Charger, or a lexus or a BMW instead of the Patrol.
And well same goes for me!
The property thing is with my mother, she believes why waste so much of money on cars when you can get good property in Noida and Gurgaon!!
Plus - Shauk badi cheez hai!:biggrin:

Well vipul buddy, i think its Genetics!
My great grand father had a huge fleet of cars back in his days including a Buick, an Opel, And a cadillac (gifted by some king ). My grand father though not an enthusiast but loves cars as well.
And for my father well i would say if we had stayed a bit longer in the middle east he would sure have got a GTR or a viper.! He is never a brand conscious person , i mean we could have gone for a Mercedes Sl when he got the Charger, or a lexus or a BMW instead of the Patrol.
And well same goes for me!
The property thing is with my mother, she believes why waste so much of money on cars when you can get good property in Noida and Gurgaon!!
Plus - Shauk badi cheez hai!:biggrin:
That's well said and very true bro.shauk badi cheez hai

That was very nice and a crisp review,Truly it has got chunky stance from everywhere, great SUV to own[clap].Please do share some photos of Hummer H2 too!(Big Fan of it)

Thread Starter #10
That was very nice and a crisp review,Truly it has got chunky stance from everywhere, great SUV to own[clap].Please do share some photos of Hummer H2 too!(Big Fan of it)
I'll start another thread dedicated to the hummer.:)

I love Patrols! I used to own a GQ before. Loved that thing to bits man..
Even i used to love the GQs. Those things were better than the land cruiser!

Shauk badi cheez hai!
Aviral bhai,then tell me how to teach this to mine!!:biggrin:
For him,SHAUK means a 1000 square meter plot with 20 flats in it which he can sell for at least 25 lac each[frustration],but you say you want a Merc,which will come for 1/5th of the price and he stares at you like you have asked him to get stars for you.
I'll too buy one for me,myself,from my own money...[cry]
In other words,saala do flat ki cost mein ek Range rover aati hai...agar do kam kharide toh kon sa pahad tut jayega..but at the end,I too come up saying "Jab ek ke 2 ho rahe hain 1-2 saal mein,then car ka kya karna(when its becoming double in a year or two,then why to spend on car).
In other words "DIFFERENT PEOPLE,DIFFERENT MINDSET,DIFFERENT PRIORITIES"..An example of this thinking of mine is:-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/5564-what-car-should-bought-what-income.html

Thanks.
It was a beast indeed.

I'll upload some more pics soon. :)
Aviral bhai, calling this a beast is a compete understatement!
I am short of words to describe this super monster - have also had a opportunity to drive a sibling long back and i can vouch for ur statement of it driving like a sports car.

Its a stunning piece of engineering and full of gadgetry - i am also aware its very popular with tuners in the middle east and they could put some mighty sports marquee to shame by playing with this engine.

my heart aches that your dad is selling this (hint hint: import it!! [;)])

Thread Starter #14
Thanks iron rock.:)
Both of us wanted to import the charger and the patrol, unfortunately 'Bharat sarkar' banned left hand drive vehicles to be registered in india.

Plus our roads are tooo narrow!!

Top Bottom