The Grey Skid – Chevy Beat TCDi LS (December 2012)

Thread Starter #151

deville_56

Honoured Member
There is real difference in build and feel when I swap between Estilo and Beat. It accelerates well, brakes well, handles well and greatly efficient and no rattles anywhere. Sadly the engine and a few parts gave too much of headache.

I have been using beat diesel since 2012. Recently faced an issue of engine oil blowing out when dipstick removed and pressed accelerator slightly. ASC SA says it's a turbo failure and would cost around 35K. For some time, Service indicator or MIL glows ON and OFF one by one. Showed it to SA many times. After scanning he said, it's nothing to worry. Could be because of some moisture etc.
Some friend suggested me to get the PCV system oil separator changed. Any suggestions here.

Thread Starter #153

deville_56

Honoured Member
I have been using beat diesel since 2012. Recently faced an issue of engine oil blowing out when dipstick removed and pressed accelerator slightly. ASC SA says it's a turbo failure and would cost around 35K. For some time, Service indicator or MIL glows ON and OFF one by one. Showed it to SA many times. After scanning he said, it's nothing to worry. Could be because of some moisture etc.
Some friend suggested me to get the PCV system oil separator changed. Any suggestions here.
Friend had similar situation, resolved with changed PCV filter.

Thread Starter #154

deville_56

Honoured Member
After bath

2017-02-21 07-41-14.JPG

Low cost solution for the gear knob cracking. Checked with 3 other cars of similar vintage, all had same issue, one had a sock over the knob. When inquired about aftermarket knob, first question was whether it is a Beat. If so, they will give part, but wont install [lol]

Got his rubber cover (claimed silicon, god knows). Took only 150 bucks, despite quoting 250. Available online for 300-350. Available in all funky colors, chose grey.

2017-02-26 11-13-45.JPG
2017-02-26 11-13-53.JPG
2017-02-26 11-18-11.JPG
2017-02-26 11-18-20.JPG
2017-02-26 11-18-31.JPG
2017-02-26 11-18-41.JPG

New issue. AC switch packed up. Not user replaceable. Dunno how much crore they are gonna charge for it. In the meantime, Ganapathy Bappa for rescue. Switch always ON, stuck with the pin. ON /OFF controlled via the fan control knob.

2017-02-26 11-18-50.JPG
2017-02-26 11-18-55.JPG

Friend had similar situation, resolved with changed PCV filter.
Got PCV Oil Separator changed... issue resolved. No engine oil blowing out of dipstick. Meanwhile another issue of check engine/MIL light glowing. Got it scanned at ASC again. Scanner shows error code/DTC P2282 and symptom byte 52 which means Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor performance issue.
Technician says it could be any minor crack/leakage with air hose/ clamps or could be with MAF. Cleared the error code and asked to drive at a higher speed to check if light glows again. After driving 90 kms since yesterday, service indicator glows ON today. I assume once it goes OFF, check engine light will again glow UP.

Googled up about this error code, according to it:
  • Unmetered air leaks between throttle body and intake valves.
  • Air leaks at the intake manifold.
  • Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) system is leaking or the valve is stuck open.

P2282 52 means: The actual mass air flow is above the desired value for greater than 4 s.

Please advice what should i do??

Got PCV Oil Separator changed... issue resolved. No engine oil blowing out of dipstick. Meanwhile another issue of check engine/MIL light glowing. Got it scanned at ASC again. Scanner shows error code/DTC P2282 and symptom byte 52 which means Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor performance issue.
Technician says it could be any minor crack/leakage with air hose/ clamps or could be with MAF. Cleared the error code and asked to drive at a higher speed to check if light glows again. After driving 90 kms since yesterday, service indicator glows ON today. I assume once it goes OFF, check engine light will again glow UP.

Googled up about this error code, according to it:
  • Unmetered air leaks between throttle body and intake valves.
  • Air leaks at the intake manifold.
  • Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) system is leaking or the valve is stuck open.

P2282 52 means: The actual mass air flow is above the desired value for greater than 4 s.

Please advice what should i do??
Hi,
Any suggestions/views on my car issue raised above??

My Beat Diesel is giving slightly black smoke when accelerator is pressed. Service Advisor suggested to get the intercooler and EGR valve cleaning. Current ODO reading is 47K. Haven't got these parts cleaned so far. Please advice what to do? How much will it cost in open market?

Is this common in Beat Diesel that Service indicator glows once in a while and when it glows up engine speed is around 2k rpm? I have been facing this situation for long in my car. Once Service indicator glows once i reaches 2k rpm and stays for some time (sometimes 1-2 days), suddenly it goes off and check engine light glows and again it stays for few days. My car current ODO is 50K. I even got intercooler and EGR valve cleaning done recently. Still no change in situation. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thread Starter #163

deville_56

Honoured Member
Is this common in Beat Diesel that Service indicator glows once in a while and when it glows up engine speed is around 2k rpm? I have been facing this situation for long in my car. Once Service indicator glows once i reaches 2k rpm and stays for some time (sometimes 1-2 days), suddenly it goes off and check engine light glows and again it stays for few days. My car current ODO is 50K. I even got intercooler and EGR valve cleaning done recently. Still no change in situation. Can anyone help me with this issue?
Get the car thoroughly checked.

Top Bottom