The Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium – Built Tough

Is that from the MID or tankful to tankful method? 20 Kmpl on the instantaneous FE bar at 100 Kmph does not sound right - maybe you can try it with cruise control engaged over a couple of kms.
its from MID figures, never been able to do the exact Tankful to tankful method.

Thread Starter #153
Installing the Rear Pillar lights

Ever since I saw them in action, wanted to install them. Got it from Aliexpress and the package arrived in a fair amount of time. Installation was DIY as I don't trust electrical connections done by others.

Place for install - edges of the rear glass
T36_1.jpg

The lights
T36_2.jpg

Installation was hardly 10 minutes job but knowing which locks to open and how to open them without breaking and scratching anything took sometime.

Trim cover removed
T36_3.jpg

Trim cover compared with light
T36_4.jpg

The light has dual function - parking as well as brake. Before installation, tested both the functions of the light as once installed, it would be difficult to remove them.

Testing in progress
T36_5.jpg

Installation was straight forward process - just press fit and then inserting the 2 locks

First light after installation
T36_6.jpg

Side view of the other light
T36_7.jpg

For the tapping the connections to the Brake and Parking light, the rear tail lamps were removed. The process again was fairly easy and simple. The wires were tapped using 3M Scotchlok and then sealed completely with tape.

Tapping the wires
T36_8.jpg

Testing the connections after refitting the tail lamp
T36_9.jpg

Happy with the final result but due to the reflective nature of these pillar lights, there is not much of a difference visible during the day when the lights are turned off and when the parking lights are turned ON.
T36_10.jpg

The night time results are good
T36_11.jpg

Total time for installation with wiring was close to 60 minutes but planning on how to open and identifying the wires took a day.

Friends,

Its been 94 days since I have come to own this beast. I have done 6500 Km and as I drive more, I come to realize that this car is far far better compared to the Tfort. on all my highway trips the car has returned FE of 9.7 MID result and when I compare it with Tank to Tank messurment its about 0.2 KM/L less.

I have noticed that the seats over a period of time feel very uncomfortable as they are very hard for comfort and your lower back starts hurting. I saw several Endy on my last trip and some of them had modified their car seats. Wonder how that works with the Airbags and the sensors on the seat.

Apart from the seating comfort on long drives. I love this car.

Thread Starter #155
on all my highway trips the car has returned FE of 9.7 MID result and when I compare it with Tank to Tank messurment its about 0.2 KM/L less.
Good FE numbers - what's usually the average speed?
I have noticed that the seats over a period of time feel very uncomfortable as they are very hard for comfort and your lower back starts hurting. I saw several Endy on my last trip and some of them had modified their car seats. Wonder how that works with the Airbags and the sensors on the seat.
I found the firmness in the seat cushion to my liking and did not feel any discomfort even after almost 10 hours behind the wheel at a stretch with minimal breaks. Have not come across any Endeavour with modified seats and the company advises against the usage of even seat covers.

Good FE numbers - what's usually the average speed?
Average Speed is between 100 to 120 KMH. I do push it beyond 140 sometimes when I get a chance but that does not last very long.

Seat Covers are out of question, but getting seats modified like Stanly or Ovion is what I was contemplating. !

Thread Starter #157
Third Service Experience:

The third service was done at Harpreet Ford, Sahibabad at 20,026 Kms earlier last month. Apart from what’s mentioned in the PMS, got the Fuel Filter and Air Filter replaced proactively. The old air filter was cleaned and kept in the truck for emergency use.

The PCM too was updated to the latest version which was ANN. With every new update, the truck move lively and at present offers the instantaneous reactions to throttle inputs in D mode which were earlier present in S mode. Increased engine braking with the truck running down gears while match revs during coasting is an added bonus.

The total cost of service was Rs. 9,635/- which included 9.8 Liters of Shell Synthetic 5W30 Oil. This time the cleaning was very good and overall experience at Harpreet Ford, Sahibabad was very good.

Thread Starter #164
While preparing the steps to enable the Climate Menu in detail, I came across the post from the FORScan team that most of the changes which earlier required direct modification to Hexadecimal numbers in the As-Built files for the module have now been implemented in the latest update and require simply changing the option from a menu.

Disclaimer: Playing around with the modules of the vehicle itself is not a good idea. One wrong move and the module might be a thing of the past. Do it at your own risk as I do not take any responsibility whatsoever for any consequences the below steps may have.

The first step is to get a good quality ELM327 adapter preferably with USB interface having HS/MS CAN switch. In my case, I had modified the Bluetooth based ELM327 adapter which is working fine. The modification process for allowing the adapter to access the MS CAN bus is detailed in the link https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4 and https://topscantool.com/modify-mscan-elm327-using-forscan.html

Once the adapter is modified to support both the HS/MS CAN, download the latest version of FORScan (https://forscan.org/download.html) and get the extended license by signing-up on the forum. The extended license is free for 2 months and can be renewed. After plugging the adapter in the OBD port, follow the steps below:

Step 1: Open FORScan and click on the About icon.
F1.jpg

Step 2: Check that the Extended License is Loaded and is showing validity. Now click on Vehicle and interface information icon.
F2.jpg

Step 3: With the Ignition in ON position, click on Connect to vehicle icon. Once the communication is established with ELM327, it will show a pop-up message with VIN or in my case as the profile was already available, it asked to continue with the selected profile. Click Yes.
F3.jpg

Step 4: After scanning for modules on HSCAN, it will show a pop-up regarding MSCAN modules. As the ELM327 adapter has been modified to support the MSCAN switch, click Yes and it opens a new pop-up to set the switch to MSCAN position. Flip the switch on ELM327 and click OK.
F4.jpg
F5.jpg

Step 5: Click on the Configuration and Programming icon. From the list of modules, scroll and select IPC Module Configuration and then click the Run Service Procedure button.
F6.jpg

Step 6: From the new tab which shows IPC Module configuration, double click on the Climate Menu. From the pop-up opened, select 1 – Enabled and click the tick mark button.
F7.jpg

Step 7: Click Write. Carefully check and confirm the changes and click on the tick mark button. While programming, the Instrument Cluster will flash several times.
F8.jpg
F9.jpg

Step 8: Once programming completes and the information pop-up confirming Block(s) programmed successfully is received, turn OFF the ignition and then turn it back ON with-in a few seconds. You should now have the Climate menu on the left screen of the Instrument cluster. Now click on OK button on the pop-up and then Stop Service Procedure button to exit IPC Module configuration.
F10.jpg

Step 9: Click on Vehicle and interface information icon and click on the Disconnect from Vehicle button. Turn OFF the ignition
F11.jpg

Top Bottom