The Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium – Built Tough

^^ Awesome must have DIY! better safe than sorry!

I need to get this checked and done on the PS. I had done it on the XUV long back after a near fatal rat inflicted lesson!

bhvm

Honoured Member
Ford should've given meshes on such a premium vehicle. or there are no Rats in USA?
Anyways, I got my XUV meshed at ASC only. They used some body sealer (white goop to paste meshes). I am unsure if 3m tape will hold it. As there is often moisture and water in that area. A small bead of window sealer sillicone will help too.

BTW tata offers factory grille on all vehicles ( I opened it to check and seal vents, was pleased). All my safaris had the meshes from factory. But I sealed it with foam/ neoprene to prevent any dust and smell entry.

Thread Starter #138
Anyways, I got my XUV meshed at ASC only. They used some body sealer (white goop to paste meshes). I am unsure if 3m tape will hold it. As there is often moisture and water in that area. A small bead of window sealer sillicone will help too.
Silicone paste would be good but putting it through the opening would have been an issue. 3M tape should hold as most of the accessories like door visors and stuff are stuck using it. The Mesh itself is a tight fix on the vent collar and the tape is for additional support.
BTW tata offers factory grille on all vehicles ( I opened it to check and seal vents, was pleased). All my safaris had the meshes from factory. But I sealed it with foam/ neoprene to prevent any dust and smell entry.
Awesome, hope they fix the leaky vent issue too someday.

bhvm

Honoured Member
You do not have to put Silicon behind the grille or have any opening. Just apply from front of the mesh. And rub your finger on it. The silicon will impregnate the mesh pores making a tight seal.

Thread Starter #140
You do not have to put Silicon behind the grille or have any opening. Just apply from front of the mesh. And rub your finger on it. The silicon will impregnate the mesh pores making a tight seal.
Thanks, will give it a try once I hear any rattle

Hi A.G,
I was going through the Forscan for erasing TCM learning table but couldn't figure it out, there was an option to reset the TCM only. Can you through some light on how it can be done?

Thread Starter #142
Hi A.G,
I was going through the Forscan for erasing TCM learning table but couldn't figure it out, there was an option to reset the TCM only. Can you through some light on how it can be done?
Yes, the TCM reset option in FORScan clears the adaptive learnings of the module - that is what I had read on their forum. After reset, the TCM would re-enter into learning mode and the shifts for the first few kms might be sudden, jerky or not in-line with expectation - this is normal and should subside as the TCM builds the new learning table.

Any mods you have done with FORScan?

Hi
Got Some chrome inserts for the door pad window switch. Makes it look much better when compared to what was provided with the car. enclosing some pictures to show the difference.
Before
20180321_110012.jpg

After

20180321_110037.jpg

Before

20180321_134349.jpg

After
20180321_134529.jpg

Engineering flaws do happen whether it is a small or premium car, it does happen. We have to accept it and look out ways for improving / overcoming it .

Ford has come up with led bulbs for Endeavor, though it isn't available nation wide. It should be available in the coming weeks & have inquired about those led's and planning to install it soon in my Endeavour.
did you manage to the the Ford LED ?

Adding the 'Climate' menu

Enabled the hidden Climate menu using FORScan.

The blue themed Climate option on the left panel
View attachment 237049

WHAT is FORScan?

Changing the Puddle Lanterns to spot light

View attachment 239438

To remove it, just gently pry the lock from the mirror end and pull it down
View attachment 239439

The complete white lights
View attachment 239445
I too got them from Aliexpress but unable to remove the OVM fitting. Tried hard and ended up breaking a small piece out of the OEM. [surprise][frustration]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #145
Hi
Got Some chrome inserts for the door pad window switch. Makes it look much better when compared to what was provided with the car. enclosing some pictures to show the difference.
Looks good.
It is a third party software available for free as of now. Many customizations and service functions are available in the FORScan software.
I too got them from Aliexpress but unable to remove the OVM fitting. Tried hard and ended up breaking a small piece out of the OEM. [surprise][frustration]
It requires gentle prying of the lock and pulling from the other end. Maybe the service center can help you in installing the same.

Yes, the TCM reset option in FORScan clears the adaptive learnings of the module - that is what I had read on their forum. After reset, the TCM would re-enter into learning mode and the shifts for the first few kms might be sudden, jerky or not in-line with expectation - this is normal and should subside as the TCM builds the new learning table.

Any mods you have done with FORScan?
Not yet, will add the climate menu as done by you :)

Thread Starter #148
Not yet, will add the climate menu as done by you :)
Awesome, please do share any other mods you do.
FORscan requires an adaptor. You have any weblink where it can be bought ? What's the cost ?
FORScan requires a special adapter to switch the CAN lines from one set of pins to another. Designated adapters are not available locally as per my understanding. Either you can buy one and modify the same or directly order one from AliExpress.

Hi,

Has anyone tried the Shell V Power Diesel? I tried on my last visit to Bangalore. It's about 6 bucks over the regular diesel. Did not find much difference in the power output. However mileage in the City which was around 6.9 for my car, it is not giving 7.6.

I also tried driving on the high way with cruise control on at 100Kmph... the Fuel Eco meter was showing an average of 20kmpl [clap]. However, could not drive for too long at that constant speed to check its authenticity. Could this car ever give 20 Kmpl?

Thread Starter #150
However mileage in the City which was around 6.9 for my car, it is not giving 7.6.
Is that from the MID or tankful to tankful method? 20 Kmpl on the instantaneous FE bar at 100 Kmph does not sound right - maybe you can try it with cruise control engaged over a couple of kms.

Top Bottom