The Flynn Pegasus - Hero Honda Splendor '97!

Regarding the Foam, I remove and use the bike only for ~10 days a month after that I am in need of FE so I will put in the foam again!
IMO even starting the bike (forget about running) without filter is risky. Not sure if you understand the term "Probability"
preferably 40T or 42T
44/14=3.14
43/14=3.07
42/14=3.00
40/14=2.86
Are you sure about the splendor stock rear sprocket (44T)? I remember it was 43T (I may be wrong) If current is 43T, I would suggest you to try 42T from Super Splendor / Joy. Anything beyond that will kill the low end.

Thread Starter #19
So, As you know, the bike has crossed 1.5L km mark already a year and half ago.
Is this the time for a rebore?
I feel, other Splendors are powerful and gives more FE than mine.
But, no other signs to rebore like white smoke at high revs, bike stopping at middle, etc etc.

Thread Starter #20
So, spoke to my mechanic for silencer de-carb and compression test.
The distinct sound of the original Splendor is lost and the sound became like Splendor+.
My mech said that silencer should have clogged with carbon.
I also said him to remove the core for more sound. Is it ok to remove the baffle/core? Any harms to engine?
He also said to rebore engine as the engine has covered more than 1.2L kms without touching engine. I said him to do a comp. test.

So totally, he charges Rs. 250 for both works. Rs. 200 for Exhaust work and Rs. 50 for Comp. test.
Is that a reasonable cost?

Hi guys. i am new here. myself darshan & m in final year of diploma in Mechanical engineering.

I want some ideas and suggestions to restore & modify my splendour(2003).

Last edited by a moderator:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello RVSB!
I don't know How I missed this thread, But you have a unique Knack of writing reviews!
And yes, we are waiting for the 70Kms Update.

Thread Starter #24
Its been a long ago,
Steadily maintained at 80, suddenly bike was feeling it was losing breath and suddenly shut off at 70 kmph.
Cylinder was giving phut phut sound.
Then we bent down to see what happened, The spark plug cap was loose and hence it got disconnected. It was due to rusting. We plugged it inside, splashed some cold water on bore (then I got to know that the engine will get spoiled by thermal reaction by splashing cold water on hot engine) and continued our trip.
And my modified exhaust was sounding very nice, I revved it crazy, made the engine very hot, and while decelerating, fire was spitting out from exhaust!!!

Note: Thread Now Love From T.I.P Zone.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I am also riding 1995 model of same colour, not used much may be 55 to 60 k kms., it still fantastic to ride. I am a maintenance freak.I do not allow 3000 kms for oil change. I am loving it.

Top Bottom