Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi Ownership Review

Ford Fiesta Classic Magnetic Sunshades
Have used this before, it deteriorates with time, after a long time, it will start to bend in one direction and ultimately we will throw it away, still for at least one year it will give cooling from the harsh sun

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #332

350Z

Core Team
Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi: 11th Service Experience

The car has done about 20K Kms so far. The 11th service was done by Riddhi Ford last weekend.​

• Overall experience at Riddhi Ford was pleasant as compared to other Ford workshops.
  • They’ve shifted the dealership (within same locality) and service center is now located right behind it.
  • This service was charged total Rs.3,822 only. Quite reasonable. But SA pointed out a few issues with car.
  • Some of the issues include rear wheel bearing, front discs and pads replacement, steering fluid leakage etc.
  • I’ve been asked to shell out approx. Rs.15,000 for the job. I’ll get the major things fixed first (probably elsewhere).
  • I requested a quote for fixing a dent at the bottom of rear door. SA quoted approx Rs.8,000 with justification that whole door needs to be re-painted.
  • However, during our Ford Technical Training Center visit in Feb, I was informed that it can be fixed without repainting the whole part for much cheaper.
  • Goes to show the reality of what's planned and what's executed. Same is the case with so-called 'Quick Lane' service. Hope Ford India takes a note.

Ford-Fiesta-Classic-11-Service-Cost.JPG

Ford-Fiesta-Classic-11-Service-Bill.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

• Some of the issues include rear wheel bearing, front discs and pads replacement, steering fluid leakage etc.
  • I’ve been asked to shell out approx. Rs.15,000 for the job. I’ll get the major things fixed first (probably elsewhere).

Don't replace the discs. The life of the disks is more than 1 Lakh kms unless you have not replaced pads and damaged the discs. Anyway remove the discs and take to a lathe to check if ok. Usually the dealers try to fool people by asking them to replace the discs. 90% of the time they are fine. Even if they are not the lathe can polish them and make them flat. should not cost you more than a few hundreds.
Same thing was told to me for my Rapid. Checked it and it was fine. since I had opened it up, I changed the pads.​

Thread Starter #334

350Z

Core Team
It’s been a long time since I updated this thread. Fiesta underwent routine services and is now running on Michelin XM2. Riddhi Ford has shut and most of the staff has moved to Delhi Ford. So that’s where the car goes. There are no major hiccups. The car has done 38K Kms.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@350Z - Good to know that the car is serving you well. I just went through the older posts and looks like your car has been pretty reliable and the maintenance costs have been relatively reasonable.

Its been a while you added some picture of your ride! Do add some..

Thread Starter #336

350Z

Core Team
Good to know that the car is serving you well. I just went through the older posts and looks like your car has been pretty reliable and the maintenance costs have been relatively reasonable.
Hi Akash. Yes, the Fiesta has been mostly reliable. I still wouldn’t call it perfect as it had its own share of minor niggles at times. Plus, Ford after-sales attempts to increase bills like any other brand.

Its been a while you added some picture of your ride! Do add some..
Sure thing. I’ll click some snaps after this lockdown.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #338

350Z

Core Team
The battery went kaput sometime back. It lasted 5 Years which is surprisingly well. So purchased the same model without second thoughts: Amaron Flo. Priced almost same as earlier (Rs.4,100).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #340

350Z

Core Team
The annual service this time was done at Harpreet Ford (after a positive experience with them earlier). Total bill: ₹4,494. However, I can sense increased cost-cutting and blatant money-minting efforts at Ford workshops after the Ford India exit. Eg: Bill inflation, installing the parts without informing etc. Overall, customer service at this particular workshop is good, but infrastructure isn’t in the best shape and basics like paper mats are missing. You’ll seldom find an old Figo, Classic (or even new Fiesta for that matter) at Ford India workshops. They’re mostly flooded with recent models like New Figo, EcoSport and Endeavours.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #341

350Z

Core Team
Fiesta has proven to be a reliable companion for over a decade. It hasn’t even touched 50K Kms mark so far. However, the time is approaching for a replacement. Just for an idea, what resale value should I expect?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nairrk

Honoured Member
IMO, if you get a direct buyer, you may get close to Rs.3L. If the sale via car brokers then do not expect that price. (I have seen rates down to 2.6l for 2011 model Fiesta's).
Also, I feel second hand car sale market is cheaper in Delhi area comparing south India.?

deville_56

Honoured Member
Fiesta has proven to be a reliable companion for over a decade. It hasn’t even touched 50K Kms mark so far. However, the time is approaching for a replacement. Just for an idea, what resale value should I expect?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Real world price would be around 2 L. Fan prices can go up. Just a year before we got ours, normal 1.6 was selling for 80k to 1.25L and most of them were sitting as dead stock with used car dealers. With sudden demand for 1.6S, we ended up paying double that price for a non-S version. That value is hold well till now.

Thread Starter #345

350Z

Core Team
Market price would be within 3L, but it is a collector's car, the buyers can decide the price, I will go upto 4.
IMO, if you get a direct buyer, you may get close to Rs.3L. If the sale via car brokers then do not expect that price. (I have seen rates down to 2.6l for 2011 model Fiesta's).
Also, I feel second hand car sale market is cheaper in Delhi area comparing south India.?
Real world price would be around 2 L. Fan prices can go up. Just a year before we got ours, normal 1.6 was selling for 80k to 1.25L and most of them were sitting as dead stock with used car dealers. With sudden demand for 1.6S, we ended up paying double that price for a non-S version. That value is hold well till now.
Thanks. I’ll also check with dealers even though I ain’t expecting any reasonable quotes from them.

Prices are not cheap per se but they're still more rational. From what I’ve observed, car prices are exorbitant especially in and around Bangalore.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom