Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi Ownership Review

But he confirmed me that however it will not come upto 35k and all. And he told I'll check and tell tomorrow whether is there any workshop that he knows. And where did you asked for the quote and did they told you to change both the front doors? But when I asked my service station they no need to change the door if the rust is deep then we just have to change the metal sheet.

Actually 35k estimate is not only for these 2, there are few dents and scratches on the car body. He said he will give finish to each and every place for scratches and make the car look new. Even if I say, that much work is not required just do for the doors alone, he is not listening to me and forcing me for the total work.

As this is a pre-owned car, I am not interested to invest much for cosmic changes. But want to fix the door rust part.

He is a local mechanic near my home

Thread Starter #324

350Z

Core Team
Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi: 10th Service Experience

The car has clocked over 17,000 Kms so far and I have a few updates to share:

• The battery was replaced earlier this year. Using Amaron at the moment.

• There was a strange kat-kat noise under the hood upon turning on the air-conditioner. Fixed during the recent service.

• Driver's side power window button gone kaput. Got it fixed by a local mechanic (otherwise whole unit is required to be replaced).

• Fiesta 1.6 is already a gas-guzzler and mileage further took a hit of late (7 - 8 Kmpl). I'm expecting it to improve after this service.

• The 10th service was performed by Delhi Ford (Vasant Kunj). I'm satisfied overall except for the quality of exterior / interior cleaning.

• I shared this issue during the feedback call and they've provided me a free car-cleaning coupon for the same. I appreciate this gesture.

• Ford Service Price Promise is a huge benefit. Ford service centers can't take their customers for a ride anymore although they still attempt to do.
Ford India has clearly made efforts to improve after-sales and expensive-to-own image but at the time when their latest mass-market products have lost their USPs.

Ford-Fiesta-Classic-Service-Bill-2.JPG

Ford-Fiesta-Classic-Service-Bill-1.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi: 10th Service Experience

The car has clocked over 17,000 Kms so far and I have a few updates to share:

• The battery was replaced earlier this year. Using Amaron at the moment.

• There was a strange kat-kat noise under the hood upon turning on the air-conditioner. Fixed during the recent service.

• Driver's side power window button gone kaput. Got it fixed by a local mechanic (otherwise whole unit is required to be replaced).

• Fiesta 1.6 is already a gas-guzzler and mileage further took a hit of late (7 - 8 Kmpl). I'm expecting it to improve after this service.

• The 10th service was performed by Delhi Ford (Vasant Kunj). I'm satisfied overall except for the quality of exterior / interior cleaning.

• I shared this issue during the feedback call and they've provided me a free car-cleaning coupon for the same. I appreciate this gesture.

• Ford Service Price Promise is a huge benefit. Ford service centers can't take their customers for a ride anymore although they still attempt to do.
Ford India has clearly made efforts to improve after-sales and expensive-to-own image but at the time when their latest mass-market products have lost their USPs.

Drive Safe,
350Z
@350Z
Just 17000 kms and yet at 10th service.
So I think running is too low for this machine
I guess car needs to run more to sort out the mileage and power delivery right.
On short runs all petrol cars will give super less mileage.

My 2010 Figo as of now has completed 40k kms in 6 years span and its mileage on high running months has been aversge of 12-13 kmpl while low running monthd average an average mileage of 11-12 kmpl.

Also as quoted the Ford service has become super cheap nowadays infact I think Ford is as cheap as Maruti to service.
I changed my front left and back left suspension during my 60k kms or 6th year service and now its running almost similar to a new car, despite some heavy works too the car feels solid and rock steady and super driver involving.
But sad thing is despite it being soo good resale is dipping crazy for Figo and Fiesta
My Figo was quoted just Rs 2,00,000 by most while even a 2010 Vxi Alto can get over 2.5 lakhs

So a tad confused now, I probably will sell this beauty and get the new mainstream Indian Figo TDCi Titanium.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Fiesta has clocked about 20K Kms now and is due for 11th service. Overall no issues except for lots of punctures.
Vibhor, try filling Nitrogen in case you haven't used it till now. I have been using it in my car and so far from time of owning my City Ivtec, only 3-4 punctures have happened. Even when my car's Tyres were reasonably old yet there were no punctures in them. BTW, are you using Apollo Amazer 3G in the car?

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #328

350Z

Core Team
Vibhor, try filling Nitrogen in case you haven't used it till now. I have been using it in my car and so far from time of owning my City Ivtec, only 3-4 punctures have happened. Even when my car's Tyres were reasonably old yet there were no punctures in them. BTW, are you using Apollo Amazer 3G in the car?

Regards

Akash
I've tried Nitrogen but left due to limited availability. My car is running on stock MRF ZV2K.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I've tried Nitrogen but left due to limited availability. My car is running on stock MRF ZV2K.

Drive Safe,
350Z
The MRFs are extremely durable tires. I just changed them on the Ertiga at 77k kms. But yes they did pick up punctures here and there. I suggest change the tires, you'd appreciate the chassis more of the car. But at the rate you are covering kms, it might take quite some time to wear them out. [lol]

Thread Starter #330

350Z

Core Team
Ford Fiesta Classic Magnetic Sunshades

Fiesta has received a set of new magnetic sunshades and I'm lovin' them. I've been using suction-type from sometime but they were very inconvenient.

Bought these from PayTM through a seller named HiArt. Their listed price is Rs.1095 but I had to shell out Rs.931 (cashback of Rs.164).

Ford-Fiesta-Classic-Magnetic-Sunshades-1.JPG

Ford-Fiesta-Classic-Magnetic-Sunshades-2.JPG

Ford-Fiesta-Classic-Magnetic-Sunshades-3.JPG

Ford-Fiesta-Classic-Magnetic-Sunshades-4.JPG

Ford-Fiesta-Classic-Magnetic-Sunshades-5.JPG

Ford-Fiesta-Classic-Magnetic-Sunshades-6.JPG
Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom