Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi Ownership Review

Thanks for posting. Even I was under an impression that the Ford is still an expensive car to own. Anyways I am still waiting for your car's photo-shoot.

@Vibhor,

It leaves a good smile on my face reading your ownership thread as Ford is not that costly to maintain. Looking at the present situation of new cars and expected launches, what is your take on some body buying a Fiesta classic with those mouth watering price revisions and discounts offered ?? Is this car is worth buying at this moment and how long we can expect it to be trouble free if it is a diesel specifically

Thread Starter #273

350Z

Core Team
Anyways I am still waiting for your car's photo-shoot.
Sure thing. Let me take time on some weekend to clean her up (Polish / wax etc). She has not received a thorough care since last couple of months.

Looking at the present situation of new cars and expected launches, what is your take on some body buying a Fiesta classic with those mouth watering price revisions and discounts offered ?? Is this car is worth buying at this moment and how long we can expect it to be trouble free if it is a diesel specifically
Fiesta is a car that appeals to the heart more than mind considering the current market situation. The sole reason I bought one is because of the matchless driving pleasure it offers, in spite of getting sweet deals on fully loaded Manza, Linea etc. There is no specific timeline on how long a car will remain trouble free. Some people are not punctual in maintaining / servicing their car and later crib about getting stranded on road. But that said, breakdowns are inevitable in a machine. She has served me well so far on long trips but I wish if Ford had worked to improve the overall fit and finish.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #274

350Z

Core Team
I decided to replace both front wiper blades under the ongoing monsoon camp for 50% off. Total price: Rs.480. Next week, Fiesta is visiting 3M for a long due detailing.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@Vibhor: What is the current odo reading of the car?

I'd like to know your take on the high speed dynamics of Fiesta 1.6 as compared to other cars in the segment along with the responsiveness of the motor.

Adding to it, what's the FE the car is offering these days?
Any plans to upgrade to new Fiesta?

Thread Starter #276

350Z

Core Team
@Vibhor: What is the current odo reading of the car?
Somewhere near to 12,000 Kms.

I'd like to know your take on the high speed dynamics of Fiesta 1.6 as compared to other cars in the segment along with the responsiveness of the motor.
She's been tested only once at Yamuna Expressway with full load (4 adults + luggage). My hands are itching ever since to take it once again. You get the idea.

Adding to it, what's the FE the car is offering these days?
Not more than 12 Kpl in cities with sane driving.

Any plans to upgrade to new Fiesta?
I won't swap but if I had enough cash right now, I'd love to own a New Fiesta too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Somewhere near to 12,000 Kms.
Only 12k kms in two years!![surprise]
After reading of 2 years/40k kms service, I thought that it must be at least 40k.

She's been tested only once at Yamuna Expressway with full load (4 adults + luggage). My hands are itching ever since to take it once again. You get the idea.
Next time when you go, try out everything before Jewar and after Tappal, in the midst of them, stick to 100 kph. I guess they have got a bit stricter these days looking at the number of accidents those happen(ed) on the expressway.
Rest I'd recommend you hitting Delhi roads between 2-3 am. The wide and curvy roads of New Delhi(Especially the ring road) will give you the joy that no other road can(in the 200 km circle at least).

Not more than 12 Kpl in cities with sane driving.
12 kpl is actually impressive for a 1.6l car, considering the fact that you live in New Delhi - I guess its 100% city FE with 100% A/C. Right?

I won't swap but if I had enough cash right now, I'd love to own a New Fiesta too.
No doubt that this car is fantastic. When you go to swap the tires, then we will discuss on new shoes for this car. I have driven a car on some Yokos and it was simply fantastic offering tremendous grip and even higher confidence.

What you have to say about the sound that this engine produces at higher revs?

Thread Starter #279

350Z

Core Team
Of late, I'm truly impressed with Ford's customer care. It seems to have only become better over the time since I bought this car.

I've received atleast three calls (on different days. Got one just now) after replacing the wipers to check whether I'm satisfied with the overall service or not.

On a different note, my car's cheap service bills have become a matter of internal case study in Ford India to help further bring down their overall service costs. :smile:

Only 12k kms in two years!!
After reading of 2 years/40k kms service, I thought that it must be at least 40k.
That's true to an extent. 500 Kms per month justifies for a Petrol car. Though not so if the car in question is a Fiesta. She has also recently got a new companion.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Of late, I'm truly impressed with Ford's customer care. It seems to have only become better over the time since I bought this car.

I've received atleast three calls (on different days. Got one just now) after replacing the wipers to check whether I'm satisfied with the overall service or not.
I guess this depends more on the dealer. Skoda has a 'fantastic' reputation in terms of A.S.S. but the dealer here is like "Sir you buy and we will maintain". They are good, although the service bills are really high. In fact the Bajaj dealer(Bagga Link) of New Delhi is also quite good and they give a fantastic support to their pro-biking customers at least(P220, Avenger, Duke and Ninja owners) and same is the Bajaj dealer of Meerut, they do it even for motorcycle owners.
Rest you can confirm if Ford itself is strictly promoting this practice. But yes, the customers at Orchid Ford(the one on NH-58 - Meerut Byepass) are really happy with their attitude. Friends of mine who own Fords, none is by any ways dissatisfied with the service.

On a different note, my car's cheap service bills have become a matter of internal case study in Ford India to help further bring down their overall service costs. :smile:
Sounds interesting, please elaborate.

That's true to an extent. 500 Kms per month justifies for a Petrol car. Though not so if the car in question is a Fiesta. She has also recently got a new companion.
Naa, this car deserves at least 20-30 kms of spirited driving a day. So at least 900 kms is a must and congrats for Alto 800, its a good city car I must say, although I always find its A pillars a bit too close to me(this makes me feel uncomfy and even more unsafe) and I am sure after driving a 1.6, the 0.8 is not going to give even 50% of the joy by any ways.

Rest I have a couple of questions for you here:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-review-test-drive-pictures-3.html#post393721

Thread Starter #281

350Z

Core Team
Thanks to our friend Gaurav Gill for inviting us to his newly opened 3M Car Care Center in Delhi (Kailash Colony).

Fiesta was fully pampered last weekend. The results are truly astounding. Stay tuned for an exhaustive report.

3M-Car-Care-Delhi.JPG

Gaurav with his modified BMW 320d. Modifications aren't simply limited to exteriors. This thing is a real beast.

Gaurav-Gill-BMW-320d.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks to our friend Gaurav Gill for inviting us to his newly opened 3M Car Care Center in Delhi (Kailash Colony).

Fiesta was fully pampered last weekend. The results are truly astounding. Stay tuned for an exhaustive report.

View attachment 139922

Gaurav with his modified BMW 320d. Modifications aren't simply limited to exteriors. This thing is a real beast.

View attachment 139923

Drive Safe,
350Z
Gaurav Gill the Indian rally champ
Wow, thats great news, his new Mitsubisi Rally car was amazing during INRC 2014

Thread Starter #284

350Z

Core Team
It's these kind of minor touches that help to enhance the ownership experience. Received a personalized service reminder for the first time through mail.

Ford-Service-Reminder.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

It's these kind of minor touches that help to enhance the ownership experience. Received a personalized service reminder for the first time through mail.

View attachment 140157

Drive Safe,
350Z
That's really nice and creative thought of reminding customers of the service intervals. Thanks to technology.

EDIT: I'm unable to find your Alto 800's ownership thread.

Top Bottom