The Dzire Pit Stop: My VDI

Thread Starter #33
The ZDI profile : 180/ 75 R14.

RSM, any good accessory shop where I can buy genuine stuffs?

Guys, please suggest some good cleaning methods/ devices to keep the car clean.I am sick of cleaning the car with regular soft clothes. Heard a lot of good things about this Jopasu car duster, but its taken of from e-bay (available only there). Any other alternatives? Please help me.

good pictures man ,
panel gap that you mentioned is acceptable one, no big gap there.

running in period is very much important for new car, be gentle till 3000kms. After that its your wish [:D]

The ZDI profile : 180/ 75 R14.
This is good and dzire deserves this size.[thumbsup]

RSM, any good accessory shop where I can buy genuine stuffs?
Which type of accessory are you looking for?

Guys, please suggest some good cleaning methods/ devices to keep the car clean.I am sick of cleaning the car with regular soft clothes. Heard a lot of good things about this Jopasu car duster, but its taken of from e-bay (available only there). Any other alternatives? Please help me.
Even i heard about Jopasu car duster, but never used it. Somehow i am not in favour of any use of dusters.
Normal washing techniques and using a good wax is best method i beleive in. Currently i am using Turtle wax.

Thread Starter #38
Is it worth going for the ones offered by Maruti guys? That wax coating stuff they provide? OR should I get the 3m wax coating done? Where in bangalore do they do 3m coating? How much do they cost? While cleaning yesterday I noticed a few almost scratches near the handles. Realized they were from the buttons of my jeans [frustration][cry]. Also the floor mats (black colour) gets dirty after one use, its too painful to clean it every time. I am planning to get additional floor mats. A good car shampoo. A wax bottle if I don't go for the 3m waxing. A nice upholstery cleaner and dash cleaner. Please suggest the brands/ products and a shop to procure these.

What is wax coating? I am not sure. But 3M or any other paint protection etc. coating is not recommended for variuous reasons. I think 3M has their own detailing shop in Bangalore. (ealier it was in IndiraNagar, but i heard its now moved to outer-ring road, ramamurthy nagar).
Just wax yourself, its 45mins. to 1 hr work (hard work), for each 2-3 months.

For upholstery, i use 3M upholstery cleaner. Its available everywhere, (SPAR or reliance autozone etc.).

I felt turtle wax is the best available wax. Only thing its not freely available. You can surely find at Xenos (address).
I ordered online from Xenos.

Floors get dirty , time will make you used to it.

You have individual floor mats ? remove the sands daily, takes just 5 min

wax it regularly yourself. Dont buy formula 1 sold in normal accessory store(some know why i say this) , get any branded one , say pidilite wax , wax pol liquid wax , etc.

Pidilite too has upholstry , dash polish , glass polish , tyre polish .

Except dash i liked everything. I have not used other brands so far . Just once a 3m guy polished interiors roofs etc with 3m material (literally stole, when he was signing off the day). i just gave him 500 , else it would have cost 3000 for me in company. This was before i was in this business. It was the time when we bought the car.

Thread Starter #41
@ RSM, A friend of mine owns a Fiesta and has got that 3m coating from the dealer, he says the car retains it's shine and whatever small scratches (like the one's in my case) shall be on the coating and not on the real paint, hence next time you get that coated it is covered (life span of caoting is 1.5 years). Cost around 2-2.5k, I think its worth the money.
@ illango
Yup individual floor mats from MGA. Also every time I remove them, they fold up. I mean they are not flexible, they are kind of semi- flexible, you bend them slightly once and they retain that shape until you even it out. If I remove it frequently, I am sure they will curl up. Hence thought would buy mats used in these malls/office which has that fibrous strands to absorb the dust.

Like RSM do the waxing yourself! Am not sure which brand is best though! Same is the case with upholstery and dash cleaner!

Regarding mats why don you go for thick rubber mats , i don know its actual name in market! I use it in my Verna! Really good , easy to clean also! Once lots of sand or dust gets filled up take out the rubber mat dump all the sand particles in the ground and remove all the dust with water or vacuum cleaner!! Very simple!

Like RSM do the waxing yourself! Am not sure which brand is best though! Same is the case with upholstery and dash cleaner!

Regarding mats why don you go for thick rubber mats , i don know its actual name in market! I use it in my Verna! Really good , easy to clean also! Once lots of sand or dust gets filled up take out the rubber mat dump all the sand particles in the ground and remove all the dust with water or vacuum cleaner!! Very simple!

In simple words , ask as packy poda mat.

does it really need a pete's box? it already has more than enough performance for indian roads & for what its chassis can handle. i have read that the dzire's tail steps out of its line easily because its merely an added weight slapped onto a swift's back.

i would prefer alloys over a pete's box since the box will also void warranty.

Top Bottom