The DSLR Information Thread

Stick to Cannon, Nikon and Olympus. Sony and Panasonic DSLR's are not very good. Sony's cybershot P&S camera's are good but only the ones with a Carl Zeiss lens.

Once you start using DSLR's you will never use the Live View function. I'm using the D3000 and I was confused between the D3000 and the Cannon 1000D. I almost bought the Cannon because of the Live View but the shop guy convinced me that it was not really required. I'm happy I opted the the Nikon.

BTW check out this thread. Infact can the mods please merge both the threads.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/gadgets-more/1433-dslr-information-thread.html
hey peter, i absolutely agree which is whyi too went ahead and brought D3000 as well, yes real view is not present but then i dont miss it either.Its a perfect camera for me and am loving it too.
BTW which lens upgrade would you recommend me, was thinking of buying a new lens this christmas, as there would be some good deals.Your suggestions with its approx price is welcome.

The D80 rewrote the rules about what to expect from a mid-level camera and the D90 picks up where it left off. Resolution has been bumped up to 12.3 MP, images are superb throughout the ISO range, plus you get Live View and 720p hi-def video recording.
i own the same Nikon D90, and its awesome ,check my shots at flickr Flickr: JayadevP's Photostream

hope mods wont mind the external links

hey jaydev, those are some amazing pictures mate, do share it over here as well.
Also if you can which one did you liked the most from them?

BTW confused between 18-120 or 28-120 nikkor lens, which one shall i choose?

thanks vijay. 18-120 will be better any time ..18 mm will give you wider view of your subject.

hey i never hear 18-120 configuration which brand are you talking about ?

if it is nikon it is 18-105mm

excellent but dearer one is 18-200mm from nikon .

[confused]you asked a question which you should never ask a photographer..same as asking a mother which one of your kid you like the most...
answer starts from difficult and ends at impossible

Last edited:
Bought Nikon D3100

I finally bought Nikon D3100 DSLR.
This camera has kit lens of 18-55mm, instead I opted for 18-105mm.
Total MRP - D3100 - Rs. 27,250 + Lens - Rs. 17,450 = Rs. 44,700
I got it @ 40.5K, with one watch as free.[clap]

camera doesn't have any brain so wherever you point it absorbs.

always remember its not the camera but the person behind .

always make it clear in your mind what you want from the subject . take the photos of only those things which impressed you the most, rest of the things could be better avoided using different positions or zoom of your camera.

try it with dial knob on M manual with different settings seen through viewfinder like aperture , shutter ,iso.
when you are not sure about aperture and shutter setting try using the "A"auto mode , and do observe or note down the values for different kind of shooting lights.

iso at 100-200 gives best sharp picture but need more light .

in camera flash is not at all advisable for good fotos.always try to rely on ambient light if you want some impression.

always take care to see that light falls on your subject but not onto your camera.

and :- it is always true that you wont get the exact picture what you have seen through the viewfinder rather more you master it near perfect it gets. (the reason-their is nothing to compete with your own eye.)

you can know a lot about camera and fotgraphy from http://www.kenrockwell.com

Top Bottom