The DSLR Information Thread

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Sony A6300 Mirrorless Camera Launched With 4K Video Support

In the world of mirrorless cameras, Sony's A6000 has garnered critical acclaim overtime ever since Sony announced it two years ago. On Thursday, the company announced its successor dubbed the A6300, which will go on sale in March for a suggested price of $1,000 (approximately Rs. 67,000) for the body only or you can get it with a kit lens (16-50mm, f/3.5-f/5.6) for $1,150 (approximately Rs. 77,000).

One of the most noteworthy changes in the new model is the faster autofocus (AF) system and 4K video recording support. The A6300 now has 425 phase detection AF points, which Sony says helps make it the almost twice as fast as its predecessor and bag the 'world's fastest' title for an interchangeable lens camera with an APS-C sensor at 0.05 seconds. The camera also has the ability to record 4K video at 100Mbps for better quality and can do super-slow motion 1080p video at 120fps.

The Sony A6300 features a new 24.2-megapixel sensor with Sony's 4D AF system and is a powered by the same Bionz X image processor found on the A6000. Native ISO range is 100-25600 and the camera now features a full-magnesium alloy body which is now dust and moisture resistant. The lens mount is now reinforced to better handle heavier lens and you get an improved shutter release button and mode dial. Sadly, there hasn't been any change to the 3-inch LCD display as it doesn't get touchscreen support. The electronic viewfinder (EVF) does get a bump in resolution however, to 2359.3K dots (up from 1,440K dots). The new model now supports 8fps live continuous shooting on the LCD or EVF for lesser blackouts in burst mode.

Source: Sony A6300 Mirrorless Camera Launched With 4K Video Support | NDTV Gadgets360.com

Nairrk

Honoured Member
SX720 HS Launched in India

Canon has announced three additions to its EOS and PowerShot range of digital cameras. The EOS 80D is the successor to the EOS 70D and will be available for purchase this April. The PowerShot line gets two new additions in the form of the G7X Mark II which will be available in May and the SX720 HS which will arrive in June. While the Indian prices of the above cameras are yet to be finalised, the US pricing for the EOS 80D is $1,199 (approximately Rs. 80,400) body-only, the PowerShot G7X Mark II is $699 (approximately Rs. 47,000), and the PowerShot SX720 HS is $379 (approximately Rs. 25,500).

Read more: Canon EOS 80D, PowerShot G7X Mark II, PowerShot SX720 HS Launched in India | NDTV Gadgets360.com

Hello @DSLR Experts,

Please suggest me a good cleaning product for DSLR lens and viewfinder cleaning, to get rid of dust particles safely.

I have came across lens cleaning kits (which contains air blower, mf cloth, cleaning solution & etc), lens pens and lens wipes (Zeiss Pre-Moistened Lens Cleaning Wipes) but I want to know which works better and safe.

I also have some new microfiber cloths that came with Eye Optics so let me know if its safe to use them for lens elements and viewfinder cleaning.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Canon EOS 1300D Entry-Level DSLR Launched Starting Rs. 29,995

Nearly two years after Canon launched the EOS 1200D in India; the company has announced its successor with the EOS 1300D. The new entry-level DSLR is priced at Rs. 29,995 for the body and a EF-S 18-55 IS II kit lens. You also have a choice of another package which will include a EF-S 55-250 IS II zoom lens for Rs. 38,995. Both variants will be available starting April.

The Canon 1300D is an incremental update to the 1200D. First on the list of upgrades is the faster DIGIC 4 powering the camera, which should allow for faster image processing and focusing speeds. The sensor is the same 18-megpaixel APS-C CMOS sensor while the ISO range stays at 100-6,400. The resolution of the 3-inch LCD screen has improved to nearly double at 920k dots, which should give you a sharper and clearer image.

Read: Canon EOS 1300D Entry-Level DSLR Launched Starting Rs. 29,995 | NDTV Gadgets360.com

Hello Photography Friends,

Since this thread is related to DSLR, I would like to share few stuffs I have bought for my new DSLR camera. HB-69 Hood, Mini Tripod, Marumi UV Filter and Nikon Lens.

First I will start with those bought from Aliexpress.

Generic Hood Model HB-69 (For Nikon AF-S DX 18-55mm VRII lens)

This one costs 500 rupees locally (Known as LH-69 in Paytm) but the same costs 130 in Aliexpress. Quality and finishing looks same. It reached to me in a month and product was intact. Fits perfectly on my Nikon 18-55mm VRII lens, Both ways, forward and backward for storage. It helps to prevent glare and lens flare from Sun or other light source(s). Also protects front end of the lens. For my new 55-200mm VRII lens, I have to buy HB-37 hood.

Link

Pictures:

HB-69_Lens_Hood.JPG

Mini Hand Grip Tripod

I already have a full size tripod but I bought this to take shots from table and etc. and its easy to carry around. Local price is 500 rupees on Amazon and I got it for 250 from Aliexpress.

Surprisingly it reached me within 15 days even though it was sent as nontrackable. Product quality is good but not solid so have to handle carefully. May break if roughly used. Holds my DSLR very well with even balance. It is a two in one product. Can be used as monopod as well as tripod when the legs are pulled out. Seller has also sent me mobile holder and Gopro adapter.

Link (Seller has hiked the price now but you can search for cheaper listings of the same.

Pictures:

Mini_Hand_Grip_Tripod_-_Closed_Side_1.JPG
Mini_Hand_Grip_Tripod_-_Closed_Side_2.JPG
Mini_Hand_Grip_Tripod_-_Opened_Side_1.JPG
Mini_Hand_Grip_Tripod_-_Opened_Side_2.JPG
Mobile_Tripod_Mount_&_GoPro_Tripod_Adapter.JPG

There are few more products that I had order last month but they have not reached me yet. Once I do, will post review of them.

Now those that I have bought from Indian shopping websites.

Marumi UV Filter 52mm

I have got this to protect the front element of the lens as well as to prevent dust and scratches. It is a simple UV filter with no multi coating so it does reflect some light but image quality is nearly intact. I have noticed slight reduction in haze but when shooting directly into sunlight or any light, lens flare occurs. Under this price, most of other filters are not good in quality or fake so I gone for Marumi which is somewhat trust-able. This filter looks original and built quality is great. The ring is made of metal and it turns smoothly into lens thread.

Link (You can find other listings with less price tag and different box but I don't how different it is.)

Pictures:

Marumi_52mm_UV_Haze_Filter_Box.JPG
Marumi_52mm_UV_Haze_Filter.JPG

Nikon AF-S DX 55-200mm ED VRII

I got this lens today morning so I have not played much with it. Had ordered it last week for 8.3k on Paytm but due to festive holidays, seller took few days to dispatch. Xpressbees service is prompt and they delivered it today morning. Packing was good and item is intact. First I was worried whether seller would send me Retail box lens or white box. Thank god, he sent me retail box lens. However, the date of import is bit old, August 2015. Would there be any problem for me? Nearly 8 months old, hence there is no new product odor inside the box. The lens looks new though and works perfectly. No fungus, scratches or dust on or inside the lens. Box was sealed but improperly. May be seller opened it to check contents before dispatch.

Seller name in the invoice is Shutter Bugs, New Delhi. But upon checking over Internet, I found Inter Foto India Pvt. Ltd. located in the same address.

At first glance I wasn't impressed with its built quality because it doesn't feel solid as my Nikon 18-55mm kit lens. Its ok for a entry level lens though. Auto/Manual focus switch does not easily switch to M sometimes. Of course its a mechanical switch but the same in my other lens is bit smooth. The lens when attached to camera, feels little heavy for me so needs some time to get used to it. Don't know how others handle when long range lens is attached. Range seems sufficient for me and image quality seems good but I have not taken much shots yet.

Link (Got it from Jindal Enterprises when 25% cashback was offered. Sellers have hiked the price tag now. You checkout Amazon or flipkart for best price instead.)

Pictures:

Nikon_55-200mm_VRII_001.JPG
Nikon_55-200mm_VRII_004.JPG
Nikon_55-200mm_VRII_005.JPG
Nikon_55-200mm_VRII_006.JPG
Nikon_55-200mm_VRII_007.JPG

That's it for now. [:D]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Sony Launches Cyber-Shot RX10 III Super-Zoom Camera

It appears Sony is on a camera launch spree as after the recent announcement of the HX80 travel compact camera earlier this month, the company has now launched the Cyber-shot RX10 III super-zoom camera, which brings extended zoom capability to the RX series. Sony will put this camera on sale this May for about $1,500 (approximately Rs. 1 lakh).

The Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III features a 20.1-megapixel stacked CMOS sensor and is powered by Sony's Bionz X image processor. The main highlight however is the new 24-600mm zoom lens (Vario-Sonnar T 24-600mm F2.4 - F4) which provides 25x optical zoom. The extended zoom lens features a total of 8 ED glass elements to minimise chromatic aberration and enhance picture quality.

Read: Sony Launches Cyber-Shot RX10 III Super-Zoom Camera | NDTV Gadgets360.com

Sony cyber shot DSC RX10-III has a 1" sensor, not an APS-C sensor seen normally in DSLRs. It is 116 sq.mm, as against APS-C's 373 sq.mm.

I" sensor is fourth from right, in Pic below:

sensor-chart.jpg

Canon's PowerShot G3X is like this Sony; similar 1" sensor and 8.8 to 220 mm Zoom Lens (focal range equivalent to 24-600m in Full Frame sensor terms). I have not checked the price comparisons. Y...e...t, these two 25X super-zoom Cams are solid improvement over the typical 1/2.3" sensors available in Bridge Cameras, i.e., DSLR look-alike super-zoom Cameras with impressive 42X, 60X and what not X zooms.

Canon's SX60 HS, Nikon P900 etc some of the Super-zooms worth looking into. Even with these impressive Zoom lenses, image stabilisation and advanced processing techniques, the output out of a 1/2.3" sensor sucks; simply because it can't capture enough light when the lighting conditions are poor.

Some day, someone is going to launch a Cam with a "Micro four third sensor with one of these 25X zoom lenses"[clap] . All you need for great Pics is "THAT micro four third" and one 24 or 28 mm equivalent wide angle lens. I wonder what will happen to the Lens industry then [evil]

@ Mods:
Though above two posts are not strictly DSLR territory, please leave them here. Thanks.

Nikon D500 with its outstanding sensor + 153 AF points + 10FPS + huge buffer is arguably the best DSLR for wildlife and action, definitely in the DX format. In the right hands, there is nothing this gem can't capture.
Meanwhile, let me shoot with my 5fps camera [;)]
_DSC2293-2-2.jpg

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Panasonic full-HD camcorder HC-PV100 launched in India: Specifications and features

Panasonic on Friday launched a new full-HD professional camcorder specifically designed to shoot events like weddings, parties and conferences. The new palm-type HC-PV100 camera was unveiled globally by Yosuke Yamane, Head-Imaging Business Group, Panasonic. “Indian weddings represents the colorful culture of India and deserves to be captured in the most beautiful way. Hence, there was no better place to globally launch our new wedding camera,” Yamane said in a statement.

Read more..

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Fujifilm X-T2 Mirrorless Camera With 24-Megapixel Sensor and 4K Video Launched

HIGHLIGHTS

*The X-T2 features a 24-megapixel APS-C sensor and 4K video recording
*The camera features 325 autofocus points for quick focusing speeds
*It's priced at $1,599.95 for body-only and $1,899.95 with XF18-55mm kit

Fujifilm launched the X-T1 more than two years ago and now the company has announced the next iteration called the Fujifilm X-T2. This new premium mirrorless interchangeable lens camera sports a better sensor, 4K video recording, and more autofocus points.

The X-T2 starts shipping in September and is priced at $1,599.95 (approximately Rs. 1,07,700) in the US for just the body or $1,899.95 (approximately Rs. 1,27,900) for the camera and the XF18-55mm kit lens. The Fujifilm EF-X500 flash will also go on sale around the same time at $499.99 (approximately Rs. 33,650).

The Fujifilm X-T2 retains the dust, freeze and splash-resistant body and houses a new 24.3-megapixel X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor, sans a low-pass filter. In a first for the X series, the camera also gets support for 4K video recording at 30fps. The Fujifilm X-T2 uses the X-Processor Pro image processing chip that enables better autofocus speeds of 0.06 seconds and 8fps burst shooting with phase detection autofocus and motion predictive focus. The total number of autofocus points have been bumped up to 325, which means around 40 percent of the imaging area is now covered by phase detection points.

The camera features a 0.48-inch OLED viewfinder with a 2.36 million dot resolution and a 60fps refresh rate (or 100fps in Boost mode). You also get a 3-inch tempered glass LCD display with 1.04 million dot resolution, which can be tilted. ISO range is from 200-6400 but can be extended from 100-25600 while the maximum shutter speed is 1/8000 second.

Fujifilm also states that the continuous autofocus (AF-C) algorithm has been significantly improved for higher accuracy when focusing on moving subjects. Furthermore, the camera also supports the ACRO film simulation which promises smoother gradation and detailed textures for monochrome images.

Source:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Nikon D3400 announced along with two new telephoto lenses

Nikon has announced D3400, its newest entry level DSLR in the D3000 series. Nikon D3400 features a 24.2MP image sensor capable of shooting both in RAW and JPEG formats.

Nikon D3400’s large format image has a resolution of 6000 x 4000 while the smaller format image comes with 2992 x 2000 pixels resolution. The D3400 supports DCF 2.0, EXIF 2.3 and PictBridge file system and is compatible with SD and UHS-I compliant SDHC and SDXC memory cards.

Nikon D3400 comes with an eye-level pentamirror SLR viewfinder with an approximately 0.85x magnification. Nikon D3400 comes with electronically controlled focal plane shutter with vertical-travel. The shutter speed available for users range from 1/4000 of a second to 30 seconds in steps of 1/3 exposure value. The DSLR supports ISO sensitivity from ISO 100 to 25600 in steps of 1 EV. The entry-level DSLR offers up to 11 focus points.

Nikon D3400 also features a 3-inch 921k dot LCD display with 170 degree viewing angle. While D3400 is an entry level DSLR, it supports latest connectivity option in the form of Bluetooth 4.1, for quick syncing with smartphones using Nikon app.

Nikon is also introducing two new telephoto lenses with D3400 launch. Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED and AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR are the latest addition to company’s wide range of telephototo lenses. Both the lenses comes with 4.3x telephoto zoom lenses with effective angles of view equivalent to that of a lens with 105-450mm focal length in FX and 35mm format.

The lenses also come with stepping motor ensuring quiet and fast autofocus. Nikon D3400 will be available in India from last week of September 2016 with AF-P Nikkor DX 18-55 mm lens. Nikon will also be offering the DSLR with an option of Nikkor 70-300mm lens.

Source:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Canon 5D Mark IV full-frame DSLR launched at $3,499

Canon 5D Mark IV is capable of capturing 4K Motion JPEG video (4096×2160 pixels) at 30 fps or at 24 fps​

Canon has announced its latest variant in the EOS 5D DSLR cameras – the EOS 5D Mark IV. The camera features a 30.4 megapixel 35mm Full-Frame Canon CMOS sensor for stills, a DIGIC 6+ Image Processor that is capable of taking 4K video and up to seven frames per second (fps) continuous shooting. The camera also features Canon’s propriety Dual Pixel CMOS AF.

EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera Specifications:
The camera features a 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with an ISO range of 100–32,000, which is expandable up to 50–102,400.

The 5D Mark IV is capable of capturing 4K Motion JPEG video (4096×2160 pixels) at 30 fps or at 24 fps. The camera can grab 8.8MP still images while recording 4K video. The camera is also capable of taking Full HD video at 60 fps, and 120 fps on HD.

The 5D Mark IV features an LCD monitor with a full touch-screen interface, including a selection of AF area. The camera has 61 AF point High-Density Reticular AF II system (similar to the one on EOS-1D X Mark II) with a vertical coverage of 41 cross-points depending on the lens used. The EOS 5D Mark IV also introduces a new 150,000 pixels RGB+IR metering sensor, which has an improvement in facial recognition and tracking compared to its predecessors.

The 5D Mark IV comes with Wi-Fi and NFC2 connectivity. A built-in GPS3 module provides geotagging information that auto syncs with UTC time through satellites.

“Canon’s EOS 5D series of DSLR cameras has a history of being at the forefront of still and video innovation. And today, we add to this family of cameras the EOS 5D Mark IV– the first in our 5D series to offer 4K video and built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon USA. “In developing this new DSLR camera, we listened to the requests of current EOS users to create for them a modern, versatile camera designed to help them create and share beautiful still and video imagery,” he added.

Canon has also introduced two new L-series EF lenses – the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens and EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Standard Zoom Lens.
Price and Availability

The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV will be available starting early September 2016 for an estimated retail price of $3,499 for the body. The camera will also come with a body-and-lens kit with the EF24-70mm f/4L lens (priced at $4,399) and the EF24-105mm f/4L IS II USM lens (priced at $4,599).

Source:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
DJI Osmo+ with integrated zoom lens launched in India

DJI Osmo+, the latest handheld video stabilisation system now integrates a 3.5x optical zoom​

DJI has announced the launch of its updated Osmo handheld camera stabilisation system. The new Osmo+ improves on its predecessor’s capabilities of handheld stabilisation with a new integrated zoom camera.

DJI’s Osmo+ will continue to offer stability and image quality for handheld still photographers and videographers. The Osmo+ comes with an integrated camera that offers a total zoom of 7x, an optical zoom of 3.5x and 2x digital lossless zoom (available when shooting at 1080p). The Osmo+ camera’s focal length ranges from 22mm to 77mm and the company claims the focal range is achieved without sacrificing HD quality.

“The Osmo+ opens up entirely new capabilities for creators who love the Osmo’s ability to deliver crisp, sharp and detailed handheld imagery. From action selfies to detailed panoramas to motion time lapses, the zoom features of the new Osmo+ once again expand the capabilities of handheld photography to push the limits of the imagination,” said Paul Pan, Senior Product Manager.

The new DJI Osmo+ is similar to new Zenmuse Z3 zoom camera launched with the Inspire 1 drone system but it is not interchangeable. DJI Osmo+ shoots motion timelapse by simply selecting the start and end point of camera movement. It also offers advanced stabilisation feature by keeping the camera flat.

The Osmo+ camera is capable of shooting crisp 4K video at 30fps and full HD video at up to 100fps. The camera is ideal for shooting slow motion videos in full HD. It also captures 12-megapixel still images in RAW.

DJI Osmo+ (handle + Zenmuse X3) is priced at Rs 56,000 and the Zenmuse X3 zoom camera costs Rs 43,000. The Osmo+ is compatible with DJI GO app.

Source:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Nikon launches two new lenses, to be available in Nov

nikon.jpg

Nikon yesterday announced two new lens for the Indian market, namely the PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED and AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR.

While the PC NIKKOR 19mm is the latest ultra-wide-angle Perspective Control lens, AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm is Nikon's next generation fast zoom lens compatible with Nikon FX-format D-SLR.

Read:

Top Bottom