The Dream Bike - Honda Dream Yuga

Yes, might be. When I rev the bike in while stationary, the sound is not there, it is only while I drive. I think I have to wait until first service.
Yes, do not worry on this. Even my bike, the engine sound was different on day one and now. The gears make bit sound now and when I shift from 3 to 4 it stays in between and make a noise. brakes become little loose.

All this is very common for a new bike and that is the reason, 1st and 2nd service intervals are very close !!

Anyone who owns/rides a modern motorcycle must have noticed the clicking / “tick-tick” kind of sound that comes from the exhaust system of the vehicle when the engine is switched off after having run for some time. This clicking/ticking sound occurs as the exhaust system and the catalytic converter structure inside it cools down at different cooling rates (as different materials are used in construction). Pick any Indian bike with a catalytic converter and this clicking/ticking sound will be present.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.
It's true, I too witnessed the same in my ex-bikes Caliber Croma and Pulsar 150 but this is not there in ZMR might be because of liquid cool engine.

Thread Starter #48
Yes, do not worry on this. Even my bike, the engine sound was different on day one and now. The gears make bit sound now and when I shift from 3 to 4 it stays in between and make a noise. brakes become little loose.

All this is very common for a new bike and that is the reason, 1st and 2nd service intervals are very close !!
Thanks gurrala, the gears in my bike also stays in between 3 and 4 exactly like yours and the noise which I mentioned above. I was worried as I had recently faced issues with my new Twister. Hope it will be resolved in the first service.

Thanks gurrala, the gears in my bike also stays in between 3 and 4 exactly like yours and the noise which I mentioned above. I was worried as I had recently faced issues with my new Twister. Hope it will be resolved in the first service.
Yeah I hope so !! but meanwhile really try and find out who is the best service guy in your city within Honda dealers. This is most important for your bikes future health. Though the good fellow is little far from your place, do not mind to go there.

Not only Honda, it has become a very serious issue with any bike brand or car brand. This is mainly because two reasons 1) more number of vehicles in a day coming for service, due to the increased sales numbers 2) Most of the bikes and cars are just new models, hence it is taking time for the technicians to understand it and get used to its problems.

Earlier this was not the case as the new model launches were very rare and used to take really 4 to 5 years between one to other, so by the time the technicians get used to the things easily even they used to get good amount of time for good training from manufacturers where they used to conduct series of training sessions. Today where is the time for the dealer to send technicians for such trainings as they are always busy in servicing vehicles according to the targets !![frustration]

So my suggestion is be careful while choosing a good service guy and get hold of one Service Adviser or senior mechanic within the workshop so that he knows your vehicle well and its past service history and does the job well.

In one sentence, your car/bike however good it is with its specifications, features, it is the service set up who decides its good or bad future !!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #50
Yeah I hope so !! but meanwhile really try and find out who is the best service guy in your city within Honda dealers. This is most important for your bikes future health. Though the good fellow is little far from your place, do not mind to go there.

Not only Honda, it is become a very serious issue with any bike brand or car brand. This is mainly because two reasons 1) more number of vehicles in day coming for service, due to the increased sales numbers 2) Most of the bikes are cars are just new models, hence it is taking time for the technicians to understand it and get used to its problems.

Earlier this was not the case as the new model launches were very rare and used to take really 4 to5 years between one to other, so by the time the technicians get used to the things easily even they used to get the time for good training from manufacturers.

So my suggestion is be careful while choosing a good service guy and get hold of one Service Adviser or senior mechanic within the workshop so that he knows your vehicle well and its past service history and does the job well.
Yes, you are right. I will have to do the same. I have fallen in love with my bike [:)]. I will be finding excuses to take a short or long drive on my black beauty. By the way, did you check the mileage of your bike just for curiosity sake?

I will be finding excuses to take a short or long drive on my black beauty.
This is really true Ayaz !! This is the same case with me and was never I felt like this with any other new bike of mine, but with this bike yes. The moment I just park my bike and enters the house and again find a reason to go out on the bike [clap]

Ayaz,

Any new updates of your usage. I find after driving it for 300km+ and for last 20 days, the engine sound got bit increased than initial, it may get softer on 1st service as I feel this happens with any bike because of new engine and parts

3rd to 4th gear shifting is not proper

Can you post some pics of the hand grips

The rear view mirror design is very bad as you hardly see anything in it. I think they needs to be changed soon !!

Thread Starter #53
First of all, sorry for the delay in updating!

I completed my bike’s first free service. The bill came up to 260/-. Though the service was satisfactory, the response of the SE was not up to the mark. I had mentioned an issue of getting a weird sound from engine when I rev it above 40. They have rectified it, but did not update me on the same as to what was the reason behind it.

Anyways, after the service, the gearshift has improved a lot and the engine noise has reduced to a much extent. Seat without a cover is not comfortable as it was smooth, so I added one and now the issue is taken care. The shocks perform well, no issues with that either.

I am getting a constant mileage of 67-72 kmpl both before and after first service. The reason behind it is that I ride the bike at a constant speed of 40 km/hr and never rev the engine hard. The riding comfort is good, but gets a little bumpy if the tire pressure is not maintained at the required PSI. Ride along with a pillion is awesome. The pillion rider, wife along with son, feels very comfortable.

The headlights are a plus in DY, feels as if you have turned the high beam on.

The only problem I am facing with the bike is that I have to kick a few times before the engine cranks to life the very first time in the morning; this was not an issue earlier, have to check with SE.

Apart from the issue mentioned above, the bike is fun to drive.

Thread Starter #54
Ayaz,

Can you post some pics of the hand grips

The rear view mirror design is very bad as you hardly see anything in it. I think they needs to be changed soon !!
Gurrala,

Hand grips are the local ones which I got from showroom as a freebie, but it serves the purpose.

I got used to the rear view mirror now, but might change it in future, for safety [:)]

Thread Starter #56
@Ajaz

Any new updates on your bike ??

How many services you have finished by now, what is the FE
Gurrala,

I have only driven it a few kms, i.e., 1600 till now, as it was raining cats and dogs here in Bangalore a few weeks back and I was using my 4-wheeler most of the time. Mileage is the same as I have mentioned above, no change, touch wood [:)]. Only 1 service has been finished till now; have to do it within this month (within 28th Nov). Can I have that done after 1 more month as I have driven it only 1600 km or the IInd Service with lapse if do not have it done within this month?

Regards,
Ayaz

Last edited:
Oh !!

Same with me, my bike usage is limited to 2 to 3 km per day. So I am just close to 1300km and have to go for 2nd service as the period is expiring by this month end, though by kilometers it is long way.

Top Bottom