The Dream Bike - Honda Dream Yuga

Hey, Congrats for purchasing Dream Yuga. The looks are very trendy, petite and the average is just what you need to make your journey as economical as possible. You can never go wrong with the Honda badge. Hope the bike serves you well for many many years to come.

Like you, even I own a 2005 Glamour (drum, self). I used to take it to the service station quite periodically and is decently maintained. Still gives me an average of 58-60kmpl.

A week ago, I enquired at Fortpoint (Hero dealer) and they offered me 18k for my bike. Had taken it just for an evaluation. In the near future, I plan to buy Hero Hunk. It's just a dream for now and totally depends upon how much I'm really inclined to buy it by the end of this year.

Any reason why you chose not to go for a Hero product again?? Since Hero and Honda are no longer a joint venture, is there a mighty difference in the quality of engines manufactured by Hero for its latest bikes (read Hunk)??

Thread Starter #32
Hey, Congrats for purchasing Dream Yuga. The looks are very trendy, petite and the average is just what you need to make your journey as economical as possible. You can never go wrong with the Honda badge. Hope the bike serves you well for many many years to come.

Like you, even I own a 2005 Glamour (drum, self). I used to take it to the service station quite periodically and is decently maintained. Still gives me an average of 58-60kmpl.

A week ago, I enquired at Fortpoint (Hero dealer) and they offered me 18k for my bike. Had taken it just for an evaluation. In the near future, I plan to buy Hero Hunk. It's just a dream for now and totally depends upon how much I'm really inclined to buy it by the end of this year.

Any reason why you chose not to go for a Hero product again?? Since Hero and Honda are no longer a joint venture, is there a mighty difference in the quality of engines manufactured by Hero for its latest bikes (read Hunk)??
Thank you dude. Mine was also (drum/self) and was quoted the same 18k in Ananda Honda, Bangalore, but I was able to sell it for 25K.

Hunk still shares the engine of Honda Unicorn, so you can blindly go for it, as it has a Honda's heart, but I do not know about the built quality of Hero. I opted Hero out because the quality has deteriorated a lot after the Hero and Honda parted ways. My cousin brother bought a Hero Passion Pro in May 2012. It is just a rattle snake (rattles a lot) and the mileage is around 50-55 km/L which is very less for a 97 cc bike, and also the speedometer went kaput only after one month's of ownership and was not replaced under warranty and he had to shell out 3K for the same.

Regards,
Ayaz Khan

Thank you dude. Mine was also (drum/self) and was quoted the same 18k in Ananda Honda, Bangalore, but I was able to sell it for 25K.

Hunk still shares the engine of Honda Unicorn, so you can blindly go for it, as it has a Honda's heart, but I do not know about the built quality of Hero. I opted Hero out because the quality has deteriorated a lot after the Hero and Honda parted ways. My cousin brother bought a Hero Passion Pro in May 2012. It is just a rattle snake (rattles a lot) and the mileage is around 50-55 km/L which is very less for a 97 cc bike, and also the speedometer went kaput only after one month's of ownership and was not replaced under warranty and he had to shell out 3K for the same.

Regards,
Ayaz Khan
You got a super deal for your Glamour, bro. [clap] Did you manage to sell it via some online site or by word-of-mouth?

In terms of the build quality, even Glamour has nothing to write home about. IMO, Hero Honda (then) could have made Glamour far more sturdier than what the final product was.

I really dont want to migrate to the Bajaj badge. Somehow Bajaj doesnt appeal to me. Honda, tho the best, doesnt have a 150cc bike which can boast of good looks as well. Unicorn aint a looker.
I fell in love with Hunk the moment I first saw its pics online. Was awaiting a digital tacho which they have introduced in Hunk 2011. I'd have definitely bought it then hadnt it been for the purchase of Honda Brio.

Yeah, as you said, 1UP-4DOWN Gearshift is really irritating [lol] ..& specially having a bike like Glamour with 4Down gearshift, this change will be quite radical. But I guess thats the case with almost every 150cc bike now. Cant avoid [:)]

Thread Starter #35
You got a super deal for your Glamour, bro. [clap] Did you manage to sell it via some online site or by word-of-mouth?

In terms of the build quality, even Glamour has nothing to write home about. IMO, Hero Honda (then) could have made Glamour far more sturdier than what the final product was.

I really dont want to migrate to the Bajaj badge. Somehow Bajaj doesnt appeal to me. Honda, tho the best, doesnt have a 150cc bike which can boast of good looks as well. Unicorn aint a looker.
I fell in love with Hunk the moment I first saw its pics online. Was awaiting a digital tacho which they have introduced in Hunk 2011. I'd have definitely bought it then hadnt it been for the purchase of Honda Brio.

Yeah, as you said, 1UP-4DOWN Gearshift is really irritating [lol] ..& specially having a bike like Glamour with 4Down gearshift, this change will be quite radical. But I guess thats the case with almost every 150cc bike now. Cant avoid [:)]
I sold it by word-of-mouth. I quoted 28 k, but got 24k. Yeah, you are right, they could have made the Glamour better; I had no issues with the bike except mileage.

Hunk is a pretty good bike, have one in our parking lot, and the tacho is eye catching when lit at night, but has the toe-shift gear pattern.

I sold it by word-of-mouth. I quoted 28 k, but got 24k. Yeah, you are right, they could have made the Glamour better; I had no issues with the bike except mileage.

Hunk is a pretty good bike, have one in our parking lot, and the tacho is eye catching when lit at night, but has the toe-shift gear pattern.
Yea, the toe-shift gear pattern seems very cumbersome. One of my friends owns a Stunner and it has the same gear pattern.

I quizzed a couple of my friends who are good at modifying bikes. They said they could easily add the conventional gear to the Hunk (maintaining the 1UP-4DOWN Ratio, ofcoz). Once I plan to buy the bike, I will try getting a quote from the company as well for the same.

Glamour, IMO, gives a decent average of about 58-62kmpl. I dont know if Bajaj bikes (Discover, etc.) better that. What was the body color of the Glamour u owned?

Thread Starter #37
Yea, the toe-shift gear pattern seems very cumbersome. One of my friends owns a Stunner and it has the same gear pattern.

I quizzed a couple of my friends who are good at modifying bikes. They said they could easily add the conventional gear to the Hunk (maintaining the 1UP-4DOWN Ratio, ofcoz). Once I plan to buy the bike, I will try getting a quote from the company as well for the same.

Glamour, IMO, gives a decent average of about 58-62kmpl. I dont know if Bajaj bikes (Discover, etc.) better that. What was the body color of the Glamour u owned?
I owned a blue-black combination and my bike was giving only 40-45 km/L in city and 50-55 km/L on highways, but the ride quality was awesome.

@Ayaz

till now 100km only as my daily usage is very less !! It is very painful to drive at lower speeds on such a responsive engine bike, but have to continue till at least 1000km completed.
Yeah it looks the handle bar is bit OK these days, but surely I will try to pull it up during my first service and see its position.
One thing is there that in our area mine is first DY and people really stares it and come to me and ask me about it and praise it for its simple yet effective design and I am happy for it [clap]

Guys, I get a peculiar sound each and every time consistently on a daily basis when I come back from a drive and switch off the ignition, sounds like "tik tik," and fades away after some time. I guess it is due to the catalytic converter (not sure). Is this normal?
Anyone who owns/rides a modern motorcycle must have noticed the clicking / “tick-tick” kind of sound that comes from the exhaust system of the vehicle when the engine is switched off after having run for some time. This clicking/ticking sound occurs as the exhaust system and the catalytic converter structure inside it cools down at different cooling rates (as different materials are used in construction). Pick any Indian bike with a catalytic converter and this clicking/ticking sound will be present.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Thread Starter #42
Anyone who owns/rides a modern motorcycle must have noticed the clicking / “tick-tick” kind of sound that comes from the exhaust system of the vehicle when the engine is switched off after having run for some time. This clicking/ticking sound occurs as the exhaust system and the catalytic converter structure inside it cools down at different cooling rates (as different materials are used in construction). Pick any Indian bike with a catalytic converter and this clicking/ticking sound will be present.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.
Yes, very much, and thanks so much for clarifying. [:)]

Thread Starter #43
Guys,

Whenever I rev the engine a bit, say above 45-50 km, I am getting a weird sound from the engine, but the sound is not there when I drive it under 40 with less throttle. Please advice.

@Ayaz

I feel you will experience these kind of things in a new vehicle always, just see till the 1st and 2nd service, most of them will get right.

Thread Starter #45
@Ayaz

I feel you will experience these kind of things in a new vehicle always, just see till the 1st and 2nd service, most of them will get right.
Yes, might be. When I rev the bike in while stationary, the sound is not there, it is only while I drive. I think I have to wait until first service.

Top Bottom