The Dream Bike - Honda Dream Yuga

Thread Starter #16
which oil it is and where to check

Please check the "engine oil" level before delivery. Mine was less and I pointed out this to the SE and he apologized and filled it to the required level. If you have opted for Teflon coating, tell them to do it in your presence because they would just wipe your vehicle with a wax and say that it has been polished. Check the chassis and engine number without fail (sometimes they might print it wrongly on the registration/chalan form issued by RTO). This happened in my case when I bought Suzuki Samurai and got it changed after 3 years (did not realize until it was noticed by one of the traffic cop's while going through the RC book).

Regards,
Ayaz Khan

Congratulations Ayaz for the new bike. Where are the pictures buddy.

Congratulations to you also gurrala for getting the Yuga.
Thank you Singh [:)]. Due to ongoing audits in office, quite busy, no time to take the pics. I will update them soon.

Regards,
Ayaz Khan

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #20
Dealership Experience:

After having a chat with the managing director regarding replacement of Twister by Dream Yuga, I was directed to book the Dream Yuga through the same SE who had dealt with me during my booking of Twister.

SE: Sir, why not happy with Twister? (she knows why I actually exchanged Twister for DY).
Me: Yes, very much happy with Twister, so replacing it [anger].
SE: Okay sir, Dream Yuga is also a good bike, but you have to buy accessories for this.
Me: What? Your MD said that she will be giving me all the accessories free of cost (FOC).
SE: No sir, she said that you will be exchanging your Twister FOC [lol]
Me: Okay then, let me speak to your MD once again

(Meanwhile, MD comes and frowns on the SE and says to give all accessories FOC)

After MD goes to her cabin:
Me: Now what do you say?
SE: Please buy at least something from us sir.
Me: What do you want me to buy?
SE: At least buy tank cover and accelerator grip.
Me: What is the cost of both?
SE: Tank cover is 150/- and accelerator grip is 100/- and totally only 250/- sir, and you please don't worry sir, we will pay you back the whole amount in the form of chocolate box and bouquet which our MD will give you during delivery!!!! I could not control my laughter [lol]
Me: Please do not force me to buy anything, just follow your MD's orders.
SE: Okay sir, as you wish.

Later, I just signed a few papers stating that I have exchanged the Twister with DY signed by the MD herself and as usual, my photograph with address proof and left the showroom.......

Features I liked in Dream Yuga
1. Engine is very very smooth (butter smooth).
2. The pickup is awesome.
3. Riding position is good.
4. Gear shift pattern is all upwards as opposed to 1Down/3Up of Twister, which is a boon for me; I am not comfortable with 1down/3up pattern.
5. It comes with a closed chain pattern as opposed to Twister’s open chain pattern which requires a lot of maintenance.
6. Seat is long and comfortable.
7. Rear shocks are awesome, takes all the pain without hiccup riding on roads which are undulated.

As it is in run-in period, I am maintaining the speeds between 40-45 km/hr and not even once tried to rev it about that. Gear shifting is awesome, all upwards, and are very smooth. The suspension is also quite good and can glide on any kinds of roads. As it has high torque at lower RPM, the initial pick-up is awesome and can glide in 2nd gear in stop-and-go traffic as opposed to 1st gear in other bikes.

Regarding the mileage, I got 68 km/L in Bangalore heavy traffic, and this is even before 1st service and I think it will increase further after consecutive services and I am very much impressed about this. I am yet to take it on highway. I am damn sure that it will give 80+ if driven between 50-55 km on highways. Riding position is also awesome. The handlebar is short, and due to the seating position and the short handlebar, you will get a feeling that you are not riding a normal commuter bike, but a sports bike. The handlebar position was not comfortable, so I changed it myself.

Overall, a good commuter bike........

Thread Starter #22
Guys, I get a peculiar sound each and every time consistently on a daily basis when I come back from a drive and switch off the ignition, sounds like "tik tik," and fades away after some time. I guess it is due to the catalytic converter (not sure). Is this normal?

Thread Starter #25
Ayaz what change you have done to the handle bar and why ??
I was not comfortable with the position of the handlebar because I had to lean a bit to grab it, and could not sit in upright position; changed the position so that I can sit upright.

Gurrula, by the way, did you get your ride yesterday as planned?

Gurrula, by the way, did you get your ride yesterday as planned?
Yeah I have received my bike yesterday. I will be posting a separate thread as in initial ownership section, please read and comment.

Regarding the handle bar , Even I felt that I have to lean a bit[frustration]. How to adjust it, can you please tell me.

Thread Starter #27
Yeah I have received my bike yesterday. I will be posting a separate thread as in initial ownership section, please read and comment.

Regarding the handle bar , Even I felt that I have to lean a bit[frustration]. How to adjust it, can you please tell me.
It is a simple job. Loosen the 4 nuts/screws which adheres the handle and just grab the handle and pull it to bring it to a position where you are comfortable and just tighten them back.

By the way, once again congrats to your new ride, awaiting your review [:)]

It is a simple job. Loosen the 4 nuts/screws which adheres the handle and just grab the handle and pull it to bring it to a position where you are comfortable and just tighten them back.

By the way, once again congrats to your new ride, awaiting your review [:)]
Thank you Ayaz. I think I will do that change while my first service. because I want to drive and see for few kilometers how it looks like with the present handle bar position. Review already posted and look for your comments

Thread Starter #29
Thank you Ayaz. I think I will do that change while my first service. because I want to drive and see for few kilometers how it looks like with the present handle bar position. Review already posted and look for your comments
Yeah, better you do that during the first service itself, and who knows, in the interim, you may get used to that position.[;)]

Top Bottom