The Directory of Used Car Prices in India

Thread Starter #31
That individual who ever may be the guy benefits the deal.(as per the re-sale market down here.)
Don't worry as you benefited every thing from that car for the last 2.5 years and i am sure that you are proud to own such a vehicle.
Alex,not 2.5 years,recently completed 3 years on 8th Feb 2013.BTW,going to sell our Car tomorrow.

oKay People Guess my car Price

Car-Alto K10
Model-Lxi (added VXi feature like power window ETC )
Year-Jan 2011
Km-20,000 Km
Color-white
Owners-2 (i m the 2 owner .my Father best friend car ,He is NRI so We bought )

The Car had painful :( accident From bonet side but no Engine Damge at all just damage the body part but it is now in the Perfect shape ,all Accident work done in the Maruti ASS.nobody says the car face accident .
as u can see the my Dp

i Want to whats a price if u want to buy car ..i want to change now..becoz of Petrol price .

An Alto K10 Lxi with accident and 2nd owner with 20K on odo would roughly fetch you 2.0-2.25 lacs I presume.
Try selling to individual as dealers usually rip you off.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Last edited:
@ anshuman : Yeh ! dealer says same amount 2-2.20..i go for New tata Vista d90.in this June.. :)
@ Indian_Mustang, it would be right time for you to buy a Vista D90 as Tata has already announced a price cut on its Passenger Cars.

Please do post an ownership thread.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #35
Had came across a NHC ZX GXI in Gold Color.Its a 2007 version and had done 60K Km.Car is in top shape and fancy number '7000'.This had seen from Carwale and dealer is Broadway Cars.This was quoted for 4.25L.The Used Car dealer is near to our house.It's about 0.5 Km to 1 Km from home.This is replacing our 800.And,came across some i20's by dealer.One were quoted 4.25L to 4.8L.And,seen an SX4 ZXI from Maruti True Value.Its a 2009 version and VVT Version.Car had 42K Km and dealer is quoting 4.75L and Color is Gold.Found one Fiesta 1.6S 2009 going for 5.25L.Is 5.25L a good price for 1.6S?It had done just 18K Km in 4 years.Already talked with that owner and said,he has i10,so selling this gem.He is willing to give this Car for 5L.Color is Silver.So,which is better?NHC or i20 or SX4 or Fiesta 1.6S.

Last edited:
I would suggest you to buy the city. it is a great car and may be it could fetch you more mileage than your 800.But the rate seems to little high.If you get it around Rs.3.75 lakhs, it is really worth the price.

Thread Starter #37
Found a Linea MJD Emotion 2012 TD vehicle at Tata Dealer.I saw that Car.He is willing us to give the Car for 9.5L.Color is Oceanic Blue Color.Car had done 3000 Km.Checked all mechanicals and all are good except scratches on rear bumper.He said,if you don't want those TD stickers,will get it removed and get that rear bumper touch up and routine checkup.He is willing to give finance also.He said,6L for loan and 3.5L for Downpayment.Is it a good deal or not?This is replacing Innova not Vento.

Dear friend, If you're thinking about V-RS then the second car ( Rs 3.85 lacs ) sounds ok. There is no point in buying used honda city for 6.5-7 lacs as you can better go with new Honda amaze for that price or may be you can opt for new Honda city's basic model -corporate which is a bit cheaper than S-MT. Honda civic should be avoided if your city/town has too many potholes ,as the car has low ground clearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a Linea MJD Emotion 2012 TD vehicle at Tata Dealer.I saw that Car.He is willing us to give the Car for 9.5L.Color is Oceanic Blue Color.Car had done 3000 Km.Checked all mechanicals and all are good except
]Why the dealer would sell the TD car,?
If new /upgraded model of same car is launched recently , then he has to discontinue previous TD ca r and provide new upgraded car for the TD, hence old TD car comes for sale , hence, possibility of getting a discontinued model is high ( early 2112 linea had poor GC).

Problems associated with buying a TD car.

New custemers will always take a full TD, obviously they won't shell out hard earned money without TD. As the 8 to 10 lac Rs car custemers are not going to be a first timers, hence they will put the TD car under proper test for suspension, GC at worst conditions leading to weak suspension s.

Also TD car will be revved to at least 3 to 4 k rpm, by the TD custemer, which will void the running in rules.
Running- in is a most important factor in the car's future,. Running -in allows the cars aluminium pistons, crank case , valves to gradually swell and acclimatise the hot engine conditions. If engine is revved at high rpm during running in , its parts will have mismatched dimensions, leading to permanent malfunction, low FE ,misfire, low power.It will require FREQUENT REPAIR WORK . For an individual custemer, it going to be headache , loss of peace of mind. Yes, cost of headache will be the discount qouted.

Car revved beyond the running-in limits are bound to change internal dimension of pistons, crank case, leading to gaps in between them.The gaps lead to leakage of fuel through them, leading to increased oil levels and reduction in viscosity of oil. This in turn leads to emission problems .

.He said,if you don't want those TD stickers,will get it removed .

Don't ask him to remove the T D sticker , else unsuspecting buyer might buy it.

Thread Starter #40
]Why the dealer would sell the TD car,?
If new /upgraded model of same car is launched recently , then he has to discontinue previous TD ca r and provide new upgraded car for the TD, hence old TD car comes for sale , hence, possibility of getting a discontinued model is high ( early 2112 linea had poor GC).

Problems associated with buying a TD car.

New custemers will always take a full TD, obviously they won't shell out hard earned money without TD. As the 8 to 10 lac Rs car custemers are not going to be a first timers, hence they will put the TD car under proper test for suspension, GC at worst conditions leading to weak suspension s.

Also TD car will be revved to at least 3 to 4 k rpm, by the TD custemer, which will void the running in rules.
Running- in is a most important factor in the car's future,. Running -in allows the cars aluminium pistons, crank case , valves to gradually swell and acclimatise the hot engine conditions. If engine is revved at high rpm during running in , its parts will have mismatched dimensions, leading to permanent malfunction, low FE ,misfire, low power.It will require FREQUENT REPAIR WORK . For an individual custemer, it going to be headache , loss of peace of mind. Yes, cost of headache will be the discount qouted.

Car revved beyond the running-in limits are bound to change internal dimension of pistons, crank case, leading to gaps in between them.The gaps lead to leakage of fuel through them, leading to increased oil levels and reduction in viscosity of oil. This in turn leads to emission problems .

Don't ask him to remove the T D sticker , else unsuspecting buyer might buy it.
So,what I should do now?Drop it or Buy it?Or else,put a lac and get T-JET 2013.

Last edited:
Found a Linea MJD Emotion 2012 TD vehicle at Tata Dealer.I saw that Car.He is willing us to give the Car for 9.5L.Color is Oceanic Blue Color.Car had done 3000 Km.Checked all mechanicals and all are good except scratches on rear bumper.He said,if you don't want those TD stickers,will get it removed and get that rear bumper touch up and routine checkup.He is willing to give finance also.He said,6L for loan and 3.5L for Downpayment.Is it a good deal or not?This is replacing Innova not Vento.
Apart from anything the price looks high for a TD used 2012 car. Try to make the deal at 8.5-8.75 lacs max. Used Linea 2012 will be available at around 7.5-8.0 lacs.

Used Cars Thread

How about starting a used car thread where prospective buyers-sellers with in the forum can get in touch or ask for suggestion from each other.

Moderator can always have a check if an individual is a dealer or a genuine buyer-seller , because a dealer will any case keep on posting multiple items.

Kindly Ignore if not find this suggestion suitable [:)]

Thread Starter #44
I saw few Skoda Rapids for sale at 7.75-9L in Hyderabad.The one I saw is Rapid Elegance TDI 2012 feb manufactured in black colour 38,000 Km run for 7.75L.One more Rapid Elegance TDI 2012 march manufactured in Cappucino Beige colour 30,000 Km for 9L.I felt Black one is more VFM than Beige one.

Maruti Zen 2001

Planning to sell off my Zen,2001 model. ODO reading is 1,34000 KM. Engine never opened and overall condition is good except issue of minute leakage of ac gas and its non availability.
Delhi regd., what would be asking price for this?

Top Bottom