The Concept of Making Sedans from Hatchbacks

Do you prefer sedans out from a hatchback?

• Total voters
Re: Platform Sharing - Good or bad?!

Those who buy a sedan derived from a hatchback may be fools. And there are so many fools in this forum including me.

But our decision to go for a sedan type was not that foolish.

Take Manza for example.

Diesel Manza is 90 HP wheras Vista is 75 HP
More Torque than Vista
Wheel base is more in Manza and there for better stability.
Ride Quality of Manza is better than Vista.
Width is more.
Bigger and wider tyres
Better stance and road presence.

So it is not just a boot attached.

I am sure it should be the case with most of other makes also.
Exactly these are the pints due to which I went for Manza than Vista. Also going for proper sedan would not fit for everyones budget.

sorry guys well you are rite. i dint want to offend anyone anyway i dont like sedan from hatch..:sorry:

I fully with agree with Autosafari. Atleast considering Vista/Manza and Polo/Vento , the differences arise from the engine and not just limited to the addition of boot.

However i am against Pulse/Micra. Atleast in Vento/Rapid case family looks were incorporated to make them look different from the outside. But in case of Micra/Pulse the difference is very minimal.

I fully with agree with Autosafari. Atleast considering Vista/Manza and Polo/Vento , the differences arise from the engine and not just limited to the addition of boot.

However i am against Pulse/Micra. Atleast in Vento/Rapid case family looks were incorporated to make them look different from the outside. But in case of Micra/Pulse the difference is very minimal.
I think Micra/pulse doesnot come into this category. Micra/pulse and vento/rapid is selling the sister concerns product by giving entirely different name. It has nothing to do with making sedan out of a hatch

Yes but this thread also discusses about platform sharing , so i posted about that.

Actually the platform sharing thread was merged with this one , hence the confusion.

Re: Platform Sharing - Good or bad?!

Dear All,
I am not a great fan of platform sharing. I understand that it saves a lot of cost for manufacturers but they just aren’t doing enough with the same platform. Take a look at the Polo/vento, Vento/rapid, Micra/pulse, Micra/sunny, Liva/Etios & the list goes on. Let alone blood brothers, even first cousins like the Vento/Rapid, Micra/Pulse simply don’t do justice to their credentials & pedigree. All that separates the Micra & Pulse is the badge & some engine tuning. The Vento & Rapid are the same inside if you take out the badge! Where is the identity of the vehicle? Just investing in a platform & then going on widening/shortening/lengthening it will not increase the product life cycle in today’s market. What we need are fresh ideas! Each & every Honda car has a distinct personality. Look at Ford’s, one Ford concept- it saves on costs but it works too. Even Hyundai’s new design language is fast catching everyone’s fancy. Even the luxury carmakers are taking it easy it seems to me. Only hardcore auto enthusiasts can differentiate a 3 from a 5 series or an A4 from an A6 from a distance- the logic of maintaining the family look is all right but to what extent? A person spending 50 lakhs doesn’t want to be mistaken to be in a 30lakh car!

What do you guys think?!!!

Cheers

Jazzy
[clap] Very nicely said.
It is for this reason I hate BMWs & Audis.
I personally though love Mercedes-Benz (high end) & Honda (low end) for their distinct identities, of-course besides other reasons.[:)]

BMW, Audi, VW [frustration].

Btw, eagerly waiting for Jazz diesel.

smith

Suspended
My dear friend, Looks are always Subjective, what according to you is Ugly?

Is Vista/Manaza a ugly car?
So the Liva/Etios?
Swift/Dzire?
Indica/Indigo/Marina?
Polo/Vento?
Punto/Linea?

So all those who bought those sedans don't have any sense of looks?And all those designers are of no value?

As you have given examples of these cars, I do agree with this but this thing should be in some extent. As there are many hatches which will not going to be look good while converting in a sedan.

Top Bottom