The Candid Cam: For All Law Breakers in India

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
October's not my month. another incident happened on the same stretch that i reported a year back.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...cam-all-law-breakers-india-12.html#post549731

i am attaching a big video to show you guys how fast car goes on this road. you can easily touch 120 kmph at nights. ( not telling you to :P )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kl4yGMXLSg&feature=youtu.be

so the auto rickshaw and then the tiago blocked my view and i literally didn't see the hawker , as soon as i saw i slammed the brakes since he was too close.

a biker behind me ( obviously not maintaining safe distance) slammed into my car. what happens next ?

biker : is this your dad's road and you will apply brakes whenever you want ?
me : (looking really surprised since how the hell it's my mistake you slammed from behind) there was a hawker in front of me and i cannot run over him.( i said very politely since he seemed really angry. )
biker : park your car and i will tell you. getting more furious , he opened the passenger door ( why the hell i didn't lock the doors)
what if a truck ran over me ? he said.

situation worsened.

i opened the window a little and folded my hands and told him i don't want to fight here on the road. it was not my mistake and there was nothing i could do.

his arm got twisted so he was angry and after some seconds he became normal as soon as i folded my hands or maybe he felt relief from his pain or maybe he just overreacted.

you can see how many cars including a mercedes(no money doesn't give you driving sense) drove on the wrong side. have reported this on the traffic police whatsapp complaint number.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Sorry to hear the incident.

It is the hawker who is at fault, but who cares. They think traffic rules are not for them, but others. The guy in the bike might have riding very close to you and just carelessly without anticipating a sudden breaking from the cars going in front of him.

Very bad road manners, may be because you are alone in the car and he started abusing you.

Is there any serious damage to your car?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
there are many people who go the wrong side on this stretch and i have mentioned this before i have seen half a dozen fatal accidents myself because of wrong side driving. he had that orange hanuman face sticker on his bike so after watching that i knew i had to keep myself under control , don't want another beating on the road[lol] i didn't pay heed to the damage even after coming home , a two wheeler won't dent the bumper at 20kmph.

Today evening I had a near miss from an accident in front of my car. Right side lane is under construction so some of the traffic is coming on left lane. I was going behind Auto Rickshaw and I don't know why but auto drive smashed oncoming bus instead of going left. I took sudden turn and could have hit two wheeler on the left side. Fortunately no was injured and I didn't hit anything. All the broken glasses of the auto sprayed over my car and also my side window was open, I hope glass particles didn't hit my eyes.

Lesson learnt are:

1. Always stay away from two wheelers and three wheelers.
2. Always close window glasses.
3. Always wear sunglasses or clear glasses. It will protect our eyes incase windshield breaks.

bhvm

Honoured Member
You were very lucky bro.
That idiot activa, overtaking you from wrong side, was just too close.
It appears that rikshaw was being blinded by Ultra bright Bus High beams (I can see all pods are lit) and hence miscalculated.

Today evening I had a near miss from an accident in front of my car. Right side lane is under construction so some of the traffic is coming on left lane. I was going behind Auto Rickshaw and I don't know why but auto drive smashed oncoming bus instead of going left. I took sudden turn and could have hit two wheeler on the left side. Fortunately no was injured and I didn't hit anything. All the broken glasses of the auto sprayed over my car and also my side window was open, I hope glass particles didn't hit my eyes.

Lesson learnt are:

1. Always stay away from two wheelers and three wheelers.
2. Always close window glasses.
3. Always wear sunglasses or clear glasses. It will protect our eyes incase windshield breaks.

Lucky escape @CRACING
High beam could be the reason, the auto driver looked completely confused of the directions to head for.
I appreciate the way you sneaked your vehicle safely from the situation and parked your car little ahead on an empty stretch so that inconvenience is not caused to other drivers.[clap]

You were very lucky bro.
That idiot activa, overtaking you from wrong side, was just too close.
It appears that rikshaw was being blinded by Ultra bright Bus High beams (I can see all pods are lit) and hence miscalculated.
Lucky escape @CRACING
High beam could be the reason, the auto driver looked completely confused of the directions to head for.
I appreciate the way you sneaked your vehicle safely from the situation and parked your car little ahead on an empty stretch so that inconvenience is not caused to other drivers.[clap]
Yep, the bus headlight beam was high but there was ample space on left side and still auto driver went ahead of incoming bus. Few seconds before same auto took u turn in front of truck.

After the accident I glanced behind and saw auto driver getting out. I parked my vehicle aside (Its busy road so traffic jam can happen anytime) and went to my friend's shop to wash my face. Bus driver yelled at auto driver and drove off. Auto driver parked his vehicle in front of my car and all the auto drivers were surrounded. He wasn't hurt and was more worried about his broken auto rickshaw. As expected, there was heavy traffic jam so I had wait an hour.

Last month I saw an accident on the same place. A speeding volvo bus hit a man crossing the road, throwing him several meters away. He went unconscious and allegedly dead on spot. I was walking out of mall and saw the accident in front of me. There are 4-5 liquor shops in 500m stretch road so drunk pedestrians and drivers are common, especially in the evening. Shops don't allow drinking inside but people drink outside and inside their vehicles. [anger]

Last edited:
Last month I saw an accident on the same place. A speeding volvo bus hit a man crossing the road, throwing him several meters away. He went unconscious and allegedly dead on spot. I was walking out of mall and saw the accident in front of me. There are 4-5 liquor shops in 500m stretch road so drunk pedestrians and drivers are common, especially in the evening. Shops don't allow drinking inside but people drink outside and inside their vehicles. [anger]
Dangerous combination of Wine shop and main highway,along with Road diversions makes it a sure shot accident spot.

This happened while returning from work, there was a cabbie didn't have patience and took his right turn. Manza took evasive action and stopped well ahead of Xylo, I guess Xylo driver distracted by something and banged the manza from behind.

He must have had guts to ride on the wrong side of the road with high beams. He was totally camouflaged by the oncoming lights of opposite lane.

i would have surely given this moron innova guy's number but his number plates are not visible. overtaking on a double white line plus not applying brakes when he saw an oncoming car.
If you are in such situations, read aloud the number plate. If your dashcam is set to record voice, the number can be recorded that way. Do it even if you are not sure if the other car scratched yours or not.

Last week I wanted to see and copy some of my dashcam recorded videos. So I removed the 64 GB card in the B1W dashcam and put in a 32GB spare one.

I was crossing a very busy junction which had an LP/HS school on the left immediately after the signal. A young lady with a kid sitting behind was dropping the kid to the school. I felt that she wasn't very good at driving the scooter and kept my distance from her scooter and at the gate of the school she just took a left turn without looking at her mirrors or giving a signal. An old man in his cycle going very slowly had no time to stop and hit the scooter, but the lady just kept going inside the school. I hit the save video button and went on. On that trip whenever I saw bad driving, I would click the button and was excited I had some footage to put online.

I come home, take the SD card and check it to find that no videos were recorded because I had not formatted the SD card.

So I decide to check the video is recording before leaving for any trip.

I change to my 64 GB card and went out for my first long highway run in my new car and made sure the dashcam was working.

The highway from Kochi to Thrissur is very slow moving due to many signals and small roads coming in and out of the highway along with high population density. I got stuck at Karukutty when I was in the right lane and few buses of an engineering college stopped at the signal to turn right. In front of me and being the buses was a black swift. I was waiting for the buses to move and my left lane was full of vehicles and I didn't want to cut in.

Then it happened. The last bus, for whatever reasons decided to reverse. Obviously he could not see the swift behind it and the bus hit the swift and the upper portion of the swifts bumper/grill and bonnet got damage. The swift moved to the now free left lane and parked in the free space outside the highway and I followed him. My wife was urging me to leave, but I decided to be a "good Samaritan" and give my number to the swift guy so that he may use the video if any issues arise. He was very thankful and I left. After 5 minutes I see that the dashcam is not recording. So I stop and check and find that the dashcam had recorded until about half an hour before the accident. I felt really terrible, since I had told him that I had the video.

Lucky for me, he called after few hours and said that there were no issues and that the college principal settled with him for the damages. Lucky escape for me. The dashcam started working after I restarted it. I had hit a pothole around the time it stopped recording. I suspect the 12 v power adapter slipped/had loosened up after that heavy jerking.

Dashcam Fail.

Sorry for long post.
So. I have long videos of the drive, but no crashes.

Mr Tall's payload rubbed against trees and ripped apart resulting in this near miss. Thankfully I and the car behind me were able to brake real quick and avoided mishap.

This biker slipped on sand/mud with no sign of slippage at all.

Top Bottom