The Candid Cam: For All Law Breakers in India

After watching your videos, I have become much more patient nowadays. The moment I see an eager biker, go to a little left & allow him / her (yes, many of them!) to overtake. I would see at-least 5-10 of them in my 6km every day commute.
You are so right, patience is the key to virtue here. Glad your bikers try to overtake from right side. Over here, it's an unwritten rule for all bikers to overtake from left.

Of course, when I am on my bullet though, no one overtakes me anyway!
I hope you don't drive like this in your bullet [;)]. This too happened the same day but I had to swap the audio because of my blabbering along with music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fz_pN2C9Go&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
I hope you don't drive like this in your bullet [;)]. This too happened the same day but I had to swap the audio because of my blabbering along with music.
Ah, no way that slow. By the time, a car realises I am overtaking I am gone. Usually I keep my distance. Only when I sense a good opportunity, I overtake. Otherwise, a sedate relaxed bulleteer.

I ain't no saint this time:
Yes, pretty much in your face, that overtaking. He deserved it. But I suppose you would have been cursing yourself 'ah.. road idiots...what will they gain? I should have probably slowed down & given him the way'. That song 'Maruvarthai' is too good, man. Many times, it is on a continuous loop in my daily commute (just 20-25min).

Otherwise, a sedate relaxed bulleteer.
Glad to know that!

Yes, pretty much in your face, that overtaking. He deserved it. But I suppose you would have been cursing yourself 'ah.. road idiots...what will they gain? I should have probably slowed down & given him the way'.
I understand the occasional miscalculated overtakes and I oblige those acts and give way all the time. This gentleman, however, attempted to overtake a convoy of 3 vehicles without bothering to look ahead at oncoming traffic. I noticed him doing another rude overtake right after he passed me after a few KMs.
Here is the full video clip where he tried to talk (rather swear) to me when I moved left to let him go. Thanks to the impatient private bus driver behind us who shooed us away with his LOUD horn [lol].
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU97PdLEnNQ&pbjreload=10

That song 'Maruvarthai' is too good, man. Many times, it is on a continuous loop in my daily commute (just 20-25min).
It's my favorite too, I bumped up the volume to enjoy the song but fate had that ciaz for me. [:)]

Last edited:
... Over here, it's an unwritten rule for all bikers to overtake from left...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fz_pN2C9Go&feature=youtu.be
Ha Ha Ha Ha (M.N.Nambiar style)... At least 3 to 5 of such guys cut across me per day, in my short 3+3 km drive to Office and back...

What that Ciaz guy tried on you, same raw deal I got from "Innovas, Scorpios, Swifts etc" on the Highways, when I was driving the Matiz. NOW, it happens to me, from smaller cars inside City limits [frustration]. Depending on the situation, I either let them come in or face the music in THAT lane. The latest such incidence was last week with a Celerio aiming for my Verna from my right. What I did was (Censored....) [;)]

... This gentleman, however, attempted to overtake a convoy of 3 vehicles without bothering to look ahead at oncoming traffic... where he tried to talk (rather swear) to me when I moved left to let him go...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU97PdLEnNQ&pbjreload=10
With 3 vehicles to be overtaken and plenty of oncoming traffic, what did the Ciaz driver think, on a "single-carriage dual-lane road" ? Size of his dubba made him think he was in the league of C2-Sedans. Moron... It is better to avoid these lunatics; Best is to "give a glance (avoiding eye contact), nodding head, pretend to be busy concentrating on the road, give Thumbs up (bloody neutral sign), and move on. Great that you avoided him.

This gentleman, however, attempted to overtake a convoy of 3 vehicles without bothering to look ahead at oncoming traffic. I noticed him doing another rude overtake right after he passed me after a few KMs.
Got that. Loss of words for such in-human un-drivers! It is pretty clear that the oncoming traffic is too contiguous. Still beside you with more oncoming traffic. Hope that guy doesn't end up in the accident thread.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
wanted to have a debate on this.

check this footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk_HCZOODdU

decided to block his way too by applying brakes a little late. same video another guy comes from the wrong side and told him to go from my left.

he did ( actually he got stuck between two cars after passing mine)but you can see another 4-5 motobikes coming the wrong side in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-G5Xs-vSXs

so just wanted to know do you really think this will make a difference ? i am thinking not to interfere like today and let them do this. well i won't see the same person doing this everyday so what's the use of me wasting my time.

wanted to have a debate on this.

check this footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk_HCZOODdU

decided to block his way too by applying brakes a little late. same video another guy comes from the wrong side and told him to go from my left.

he did ( actually he got stuck between two cars after passing mine)but you can see another 4-5 motobikes coming the wrong side in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-G5Xs-vSXs

so just wanted to know do you really think this will make a difference ? i am thinking not to interfere like today and let them do this. well i won't see the same person doing this everyday so what's the use of me wasting my time.
You have started a positive step, if more and more people start following you then this will stop.Imagine if there were 3 cars right behind you, then all these guys would have to wait or move to the extreme left side.

The road is quite narrow and the bikers should atleast use the extreme left corner of the wrong lane.
If you interfere it will become irritating and can disturb your mood whenever you have an altercation with one of them.
Its a herd mentality, if all are doing lets follow and it will be right way only.

wanted to have a debate on this...decided to block his way too by applying brakes a little late. same video another guy comes from the wrong side and told him to go from my left. he did...
so just wanted to know do you really think this will make a difference ? i am thinking not to interfere like today and let them do this...
NOPE, these types don't change and YES, you are wasting your time.

This "hogging the wrong lane" was regular at the Signal at Yeswantpur Bus Stand, B'lore. Even Cars would go the wrong way. What was special here ?? It happened right OUTSIDE the Police Station ... ... FOR YEARS. None could change THAT. Last year, they extended the median separator and this menace stopped. Ditto happened at Mathikere Market Area, after median was built / gaps were closed.

Don't waste your time, money and energy in trying to change these types.

Last edited:
These sort of mentality will be found in most of the roads in India. What you did will not change it. Better is not to interfere in such things, some time it may cause a road rage incident as well. Give them a way so that they continue driving in wrong lane. [evil]

I liked that you didn't budge as the bikers were on the wrong side.
However, I don't think this will make any difference. I am sure he will carry on being in the wrong lane or any other such traffic violations.
Many are keeping their common sense and ethics in their home before coming out on the road, as long as their moronic activity works in their favor, it is absolutely fine with them and even with their families. On my drive to work, I pass by 5 school zones, I find parents are violating traffic laws left and right, from wrong side riding/driving to breaking signal, to cut from left or right to take a turn and of course many do not even wear a helmet. I keep thinking, those kids are the future drivers/riders, what are they being taught by their parents.

Last edited:
Here are two dashcam clips from my side. First a guy on scooter crossed the road even though others are waiting for me to pass. I had my foot on throttle but had to brake suddenly because of this moron. He could have hit those pedestrians too. Then comes unstoppable hot blooded young boy jumping from three wheeler and later a lawless bike on wrong side. Pff, two eyes are not sufficient these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbbyQFtDvBU

This video may not belong in this thread but its interesting. The road you see on the left side was newly constructed using concrete but within few days, it was demolished. Guess why? Allegedly, the road belongs to the land owner beside the road. Long ago Govt./Corp. cropped his property to make bigger road but they didn't pay the cost of land to the owner on time. So far there was functional tar road for public but now when it was replaced to new concrete road, the land owner demolished it and he is going to put fence on the road! Now there is much traffic chaos because only half of the road is functional. This is the main highway in my city and its being replaced to concrete road. The construction is going on for more then a year and we (public) have been suffering everyday but now it is stopped midway because of the dispute and we have no idea when or whether it will be resolved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_qB4VrOktE

Last edited:
First a guy on scooter crossed the road even though others are waiting for me to pass. I had my foot on throttle but had to brake suddenly because of this moron. Then comes unstoppable hot blooded young boy jumping from three wheeler and later a lawless bike on wrong side. Pff, two eyes are not sufficient these days.
The scooter guy is a common plight now. In such crossings, my right leg is never on the A pedal, always on the B pedal. And since you move so slow, people jump right in (like the opportunistic pedestrians!). 2 eyes are definitely not enough, not even with enhanced peripheral vision. Even Shiva (the God) would be facing difficulties in such traffic!

Top Bottom