The Call Has Come - My Volkswagen Vento

crossed the 3000 km mark today.[clap] filled her up at mahe. the mileage calculated is 17.45 kmpl[:D]AC on 100percent of times, on highays and pocket roads combined. going great guns. no complaints.
Its good to know that your vento is serving you well, hope you will also treat her the same way. As you must be aware that extended warranty is now available for polo and vento for 3rd and 4th year. Pricing is as under:
Polo (Petrol) - 7199
Polo (Diesel) - 7899

Vento (Petrol) - 10599
Vento (Diesel) - 11199

Are you considering to opt for it? Whether your dealer is aware about this option. Please let me know. I am rigourously following up with my dealer to get the same here in mumbai for my polo. But he says that the documentation/procedure is yet to arrive for it.

Thread Starter #63
ashikawa i too have heard about the extended warranty. i definitely intend to purchase it. when i had enquired regarding it at the time of delivery the sales executive had informed me of its non availbility.i will definitely call him tomorrow. he usually keeps in touch. i enquired about kagu mats (3D mats ) with a guy in banglore whose mobile number i got from the net. he informed me that its available in black & beige. i have asked my friend to visit the acceessory showroom and send me a set. it costs rs 4700/. is it worth the price ? has any one with a vento / polo buy it ? which colour will look good ?
cooldhaya there are no much properly laid highways in kerala.

ashikawa i too have heard about the extended warranty. i definitely intend to purchase it. when i had enquired regarding it at the time of delivery the sales executive had informed me of its non availbility.i will definitely call him tomorrow. he usually keeps in touch. i enquired about kagu mats (3D mats ) with a guy in banglore whose mobile number i got from the net. he informed me that its available in black & beige. i have asked my friend to visit the acceessory showroom and send me a set. it costs rs 4700/. is it worth the price ? has any one with a vento / polo buy it ? which colour will look good ?
cooldhaya there are no much properly laid highways in kerala.
Transparent and beige only looks good in polo and vento . Also your car is white so beige will be best. As far as kagu mats are concernced its very good. But the beige i bought from a aftermarket accessory shop isn't bad either. The same costed me around 1250/- only for a set of four mats i.e. two for front, one for rear covering the hump too and one for the boot. Its of very good quality and has velcro on the bottom which sticks to the carpet and the mats doesn't move.

As far as extended warranty and AMC is concerned , the VW was slow enough not to communicate the complete details to dealer except pricing
. I too first got the news from VW cochin and then informed my dealer in mumbai.

Thread Starter #65
met the sales executive on friday. he has informed that the extended warranty is available but not the AMC.then i met a manager who told me that they were not keen on providing the AMC. his explanation was that the average service charge of vento is round about 7000/ rs, so 3 services comes to 21000/rs only.if at all they provide the AMC it will come only with conditons attached.

Last edited:
met the sales executive on friday. he has informed that the extended warranty is available but not the AMC.then i met a manager who told me that they were not keen on providing the AMC. his explanation was that the average service charge of vento is round about 7000/ rs, so 3 services comes to 21000/rs only.if at all they provide the AMC it will come only with conditons attached.
The service cost is too high buddy. AMC is not an option? Bad. Real Bad!!![evil]
In regards to these issues i would like to rate Honda a step ahead.

Last edited:
@ Truecitylover But buddy its Rs.7000 for 1 years and service interval is only 15k KMS or one year. I would say its cheaper compared to my Verna! And lets not forget its VW and german too so spares will be a bit costly.

@ Truecitylover But buddy its Rs.7000 for 1 years and service interval is only 15k KMS or one year. I would say its cheaper compared to my Verna! And lets not forget its VW and german too so spares will be a bit costly.
Hmmm. But 7000 for 1 year/ 15K Kms is pretty costly IMO. Paid service in City will cost about 2K (max). My old city is being serviced for Rs.1800. Parts are comparitively cheaper. But, German engineering - a pioneer.

Thread Starter #74
completed 4000km this week[:)] i scraped the rear left door and the running board on a wall near my home[frustration]. have given the car at the dealer for denting and painting. price quoted is rs 5000 + tax.will get the car tomorrow.

Sad to hear buddy , first scratch or dent really hurts! Hmmm can you post a picture of the damage? I also recently dented my car and i was also said it will charge me Rs.5000 plus tax , i still have not dropped the car though.

Top Bottom