The Bold New Drive

Thread Starter #31
@aksh, thats thw worry. the dealer din't really know what was to be done. he didn't even know whether they had spares of it available.

Hey navin, sad to hear this. But these things can't be avoided in Indian traffic.

Now nothing to worry much.
Below is the details of the part. If your dealer doesn't have it, make sure they put the order, normally it will not take more 3-4 days for parts to arrive, if they put the order on time.

Part No. : 0059116077
Part Description: Grande Punto Emotion/Emotion Pack Front Lower Gril
MRP: Rs. 291

Hmmm sad to hear about the incident buddy , these crazy bikers always damage our beauties![cry]

But no worries , do as RSM suggested and also its not too costly either!

Thread Starter #35
got it at fifty percent off. infact they inspected the car and told that the accident shouldn't have really caused this to happen. anyway all solved and got the sun film done. thats a little sad issue though. i had it as a freebi. but they dark blue sun film even though i had demanded a more black film. not a big issue though

Thread Starter #38
oh well, i had a meeting so couldn't stay there and quarrel . and since its just 300 didn't bother. i know that they should be giving it for free.

Nevin congrats for you new ride and good color too.
Regarding rear spoiler, it wont reduce the mileage, however punto looks good now also. You can upgrade to 15". It wont reduce the comfort. Only you will have to find good alloys and set of tires.

Thread Starter #40
more snaps people

-----------Next Post-----------
Nevin congrats for you new ride and good color too.
Regarding rear spoiler, it wont reduce the mileage, however punto looks good now also. You can upgrade to 15". It wont reduce the comfort. Only you will have to find good alloys and set of tires.
thanks for the advice amiti. i am still considering the spoiler option. alloys will have to wait.

Last edited:
Congrats on your BOLD NEW DRIVE nevinpowers. Nice pics mate. Wishing you many happy miles of ownership of your hot punto. Do keep us updated on FE, A.S.S,etc..

Happy driving!![:)]

Thread Starter #44
the bulge, i guess is very normal.
put in around 500 kilometres on my punto in a stretch.
the car is a beauty :) it handles well, the break gives you good assurance when applied, fuel consumption of around 12,[11.9] to be precise and has a lot to do with the parking of the car in the railway station[was touching 13 before that].
The two problems i faced were 1) back ache. i don't if that's a problem of the seat, or if its my own body breaking down but i did face it after a drive of more than 100km. i used to get similar pains in my maruti 800 so i can't judge.
2)the steering wheel getting a little slippery. that again might be my butter fingers or the humidity of the air inside the car, but i found it a little slippery towards the latter stage of the journey.
not that these problems are unavoidable. cheers.
-----------Next Post-----------
i have a very bad keyboard at home, so please forgive all the typos.

Last edited:
12kmpl in highways? Don you feel its less?

Steering wheel getting slippery maybe due to sweat , i also feel it sometimes.

Back-ache i don know , i don feel any such pains in whichever car i travel.

Top Bottom