The Bold New Drive

Thread Starter #46
its a lot of city cooldhaya. getting around 14 at highways. did a kottayam trip from kochi, you cant call the roads a highway . even if the traffic is less, lots of blind turns and ascends involved. so i guess 13 to 14 in reasonable. first service not done yet.
i noticed a slight a tilt towards the left. i am wondering if its an alignment problem. and would someone explain to me this piece of data
tyre no:
fr lbs 3110
rbs 3210
Rr lbs 3210
rbs 3210
spare 3210

and this slight tilt i feel is towards the left. does the mean that i have a wrong wheel in place?

Oh yes i have been to Kottayam and the NH itself is like a SH there!

Yes alignment problem only. You must be feeling the tilt towards left only at higher speeds right? I also faced the same problem in my Verna! Get your alignment checked from a good reputed tyre dealer in your place and the problem must vanish!

Hi Nevin,

Punto is one car which genuinely has killer looks. No wonder they call it "Grand"e [:D]. Pls post the interiors and ICE details too.

Thread Starter #50
Yes alignment problem only. You must be feeling the tilt towards left only at higher speeds right? I also faced the same problem in my Verna! Get your alignment checked from a good reputed tyre dealer in your place and the problem must vanish!
yes dhaya, just at higher speeds. i better get this sorted out as soon as possible.
-----------Next Post-----------
Hi Nevin,

Punto is one car which genuinely has killer looks. No wonder they call it "Grand"e [:D]. Pls post the interiors and ICE details too.
hey chevy, ya i know about the killer looks :D i keep bragging about it all the while. thanks for the praises. i haven't done much with the interiors so will upload after i get an air re-freshener.

@akash, thanks for the advice mate

Last edited:
Yes the same problem happened even to my car , Get your alignment checked from a good reputed tyre dealer in your place and the problem must vanish![thumbsup]

After that your car will be real stable even at high speeds , Punto is known for that!

+1 to cooldhaya. Get the alignment checked. Better at TASC, if you believe them.
Also check the steering straightness.
would someone explain to me this piece of data
tyre no:
fr lbs 3110
rbs 3210
Rr lbs 3210
rbs 3210
spare 3210
To me it looks the wheel balancing data (not sure though).

fr - front right
Rr - rear right
The data could be weights.

Thread Starter #53
@RSM, i have this problem towards the left,. could be due to the fact that the left front tire is different from the rest?

Could be.
See if the left pulling is very less, not to worry. Most of the cars will behave like it in India due to so many reasons.
As cooldhaya suggested, get the wheel alignment and balancing done from TASC or some reputed shop in your city.

Yes that bulge could also be the problem! Get it checked from TASC if you are confident with them , but again as basically its TATA i don trust them!

Thread Starter #58
hei guys, i dint upload the pic cause whomever i showed the car to said thats pretty normal and i was just panicking. and both the front tires have it.

Thread Starter #60
yet another fiat service issue.
at the time of delivery i had noticed an error in how the name was spelt. i had showed it to them and they convinced me its allright and they told they'll handle any issue that might happen due to it.
today i got my RC book and insurance copy and now i'm seeing major errors. first of all , there is the spelling mistake. then in the rc book, the body type is saloon and not hatch.
and worst of all, in the insurance paper the car is gp12 emotion. with lesser cubic capacity. tht is, the fiat-tata dealers have paid the wrong sum for the insurance and the car is WRONG. probably wouldn't get any claim for accidents.
called the show room manager and gave a mouthful. he said he'll see to it right away.
fingers crossed

Top Bottom