The Blizzard - New Volkswagen Vento Highline TDI – Ownership Review

Thread Starter #46
I think the "memory" feature Mentioned by pr3m doesn't work with the driver side door opened, else it works everywhere.
YES, you are right karlover as I mentioned in my Previous Post on the Memory lock the feature works only for the three door except the driver door.

Apart from this, experiencing few other features as well, jotting it down for the next consolidation.

And what are the FE your guys are getting from your beloved ventos and kms driven as well?
Well, I happened to had an one day trip of 300Kms (150 x 2) long drive on the ECR yesterday to Pondy and the ride was super cool on My Blizzard - Vento.

Blizzard crossed its first 1000 kms yesterday [clap] and few facts on the impressive ride
Total Kms Traveled : 300kms Plus
Max Speed Hit : 140 kmph (Felt Rock Solid and secured)
Time Taken : 2 Hrs - One-way (approx with all breaks included)
Trip Locations : Chennai - Pondy - Chennai

And it was 6 Adults on the travels - 2 on the front and 4 on the rear [evil] had no choice to avoid it. Also i got hit on two of the bumps at the Tolls though i ran at 15-20 kmph cos of overload [frustration]

The FE are as below (Its on the ECR highway with A/C ON - Most of the ride was on Top gear)

What about you guys? how much is yours? Is this better or optimal or worse?

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

P.S: Filled the Fuel out there as its a Union Territory and you can save few bucks on your wallet.

May be as visran and dr_sachin pinning it, its also VW's responsibility to look after all such issues with their dealers as at the end of the day the spoilt of name is for VW and its loss of sale...
...So I guess the reputation on the VW will be improved better down the line.
Many people have already posted their feedback on Facebook page and as per the replies, efforts are going on for improvement. Atleast, the network is expanding giving more choice to customers.

Hey Rightnow, May be its a reason for you to [drive] all the way down south here to get it done along with your Polo may be..

A way to meet each of us [:D]
Sure dude, anything for seat covers [lol]. Last time I went to Bangalore for the Metallica concert. I love the city for enthusiasm in every field be it IT, music or cars.

Well i can only say that me too left VW vento just because the dealer and aftersales is very disappointing at my place.
I accept yes there are problems with after sales with many manufacturers.
Frankly speaking, from our side as customers, being patient and cooperative is the key.

Sure dude, anything for seat covers [lol]. Last time I went to Bangalore for the Metallica concert. I love the city for enthusiasm in every field be it IT, music or cars.
More than welcome to drive down here in Bangalore but I'd say if you love your Polo leave it there in Noida only! Bangalore has the best of everything but roads! We pay the highest road taxes in the country and also the highest taxes on fuels (esp Petrol) but for all that what we get is super pathetic roads (just pathetic is not bad enough for the authorities here).

Last edited:
More than welcome to drive down here in Bangalore but I'd say if you love your Polo leave it there in Noida only! Bangalore has the best of everything but roads! We pay the highest road taxes in the country and also the highest taxes on fuels (esp Petrol) but for all that what we get is super pathetic roads (just pathetic is not bad enough for the authorities here).
Well I know that Bangalore roads can't be compared to roads here in Delhi.
But I found people more disciplined in Bangalore as compared to Noida. People here are crazy while Bangalore I saw sedate drivers in good percentage. Weird lane cuts, and zig zag is not seen on Bangalore roads.

Anyways, the hunt for leather seat covers is on.

If you want premium leather then Stanley is there. They have several showrooms there I think, one on Mathura road in some mall.

If you want an economy option then I can recommend Autoform car seat covers. They are terrific value for money. I had them in my ex-car (i10) and they served me well for all those 3 years the car was with me. I got it done for about 6.5k from a shop in Sector 16, Noida. Autoform people make custom covers for each car so fit and finish is just top notch. Leather is actually leatherette (fake leather) but it serves the purpose well. You can go and check it out if interested.

Well I know that Bangalore roads can't be compared to roads here in Delhi.
But I found people more disciplined in Bangalore as compared to Noida. People here are crazy while Bangalore I saw sedate drivers in good percentage. Weird lane cuts, and zig zag is not seen on Bangalore roads.

If you really want the genuine leather then without any thoughts go for Stanley. If you want to save some money, then check out the PU options form Stanley. I just checked the PU seat covers from Stanley for my rapid and they looked fabulous. Also the Autoform is great VFM. Pls make sure that you choose the color shade in day light.

If you want premium leather then Stanley is there. They have several showrooms there I think, one on Mathura road in some mall.

If you want an economy option then I can recommend Autoform car seat covers.
yeah I am planning to visit some stores this weekend. How do the autoform seat covers do in summers?

If you really want the genuine leather then without any thoughts go for Stanley. If you want to save some money, then check out the PU options form Stanley. I just checked the PU seat covers from Stanley for my rapid and they looked fabulous. Also the Autoform is great VFM. Pls make sure that you choose the color shade in day light.
When I had a word with stanley people they told me that they have option of leather+PU which would cost lesser. They would fit leather on the seating areas, and PU on rest of the areas, which I think is a good idea. They said it would come to around 25k, otherwise pure leather would start from 35k.

How does pure leather behave in summers? Any experiences?

Thread Starter #53
yeah I am planning to visit some stores this weekend. How do the autoform seat covers do in summers?
Autoform was one of a famous brand that every showroom here in Chennai showcased it when i had my inquiry for the seat covers.

Regarding its durability, not so sure but remember hearing it from few colleagues that its worth the money and not a bad invest though [glasses]

Not having first hand experience on this buddy so I am also looking forward for the advice from the experts out there [:D]

Guys, anyone willing to share their machine's FE - Fuel Efficiency [confused]

Thread Starter #54
No Tinted Glass on VW, need for Sun films???

Its was a sunny day here for past couple of days and felt the need for Tinted glass/Sun films when stuck in traffic.

as said the VW has not provided tinted glass on its Ventos [frustration]

With the ban on Sun films not been sorted out yet, how you guys manage with it? should I go and install anything now? or should I wait for more time?

No Tinted Glass on VW, need for Sun films???

Its was a sunny day here for past couple of days and felt the need for Tinted glass/Sun films when stuck in traffic.

as said the VW has not provided tinted glass on its Ventos [frustration]

With the ban on Sun films not been sorted out yet, how you guys manage with it? should I go and install anything now? or should I wait for more time?
Don't know anything about chennai but in Mumbai everybody are using the sun films no problem atall I myself have super dark tints I was stoped by a traffic guy for lane cutting but he didn't say anything about my sun films infact I saw new cars getting them installed yesterday at a auto shop were I live .
My advice just wait for some days .

Thread Starter #56
Don't know anything about chennai but in Mumbai everybody are using the sun films no problem atall I myself have super dark tints I was stoped by a traffic guy for lane cutting but he didn't say anything about my sun films infact I saw new cars getting them installed yesterday at a auto shop were I live .
My advice just wait for some days .

Hey Raja, but here in Chennai it was little different. During the initial hearings of the case in supreme court the cops have stopped and removed the tints from vehicles literally [surprise]

Few of my colleagues have removed their tints for say 300 bucks or so [frustration]

so waiting for some more days make sense but will it really worth it?

Hey Raja, but here in Chennai it was little different. During the initial hearings of the case in supreme court the cops have stopped and removed the tints from vehicles literally [surprise]

Few of my colleagues have removed their tints for say 300 bucks or so [frustration]

so waiting for some more days make sense but will it really worth it?
Buddy, as per the latest annoncement form SC, there are no hope for Sunfilms. Check the below post:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...lms-allowed-4th-may-2012-a-48.html#post188901

But, In Chennai we can't predict anything, It totally depends on the Mood of the C.T.Police[:D].

I think you can go for transperent sunfilms. It won't make any difference. For me, Vista comes with tinted glass. I think tint is just 10%. But I'm using sunshade in rear window glass to reduce the heat.

May be in future I can also go for transperent sunfilms.

Thread Starter #58
Hey guys. Its been quite sometime that I have been searching for original 3D Kagu maxpider mats (beige color) all around the GP Road in Chennai [frustration] for some time.

They are offering me all cheap Star & KII mats but not the original 3D and even after a long hunt I can find only the black color ones.

So guys please help where can i find original 3D mats in Chennai?? Tried online but they are quite costly comparatively.

And its for Vento guys.

you can order them from ultimate detailerz. Check out their facebook page. I think they can ship the mats to you.

Other option is hot tracks in bangalore. They also ship it India wide. Last time I asked, the price for the mats for Vento was 5500 (for the maxspider ones)

Thread Starter #60
you can order them from ultimate detailerz. Check out their facebook page. I think they can ship the mats to you.

Other option is hot tracks in bangalore. They also ship it India wide. Last time I asked, the price for the mats for Vento was 5500 (for the maxspider ones)
Thanks joslicx, Let me check that out this weekend and hope its not a bad idea to order online rather than purchasing in person.

By the way, do you use 3D mats? If yes, what color are those? Does black fit with the beige interiors? won't it be so awkward to have black ones on...??

Need your thoughts dude...

Top Bottom