The Black Stallion – My Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys this is a ownership review of my Maruti Ritz zxi-

1st of May 2010- The search for a new car started. As we drove our Alto LX for 6yrs (75432kms) so we wanted something new and thus the search for a new car started. Next day we went to the Maruti dealer and test drove Estilo vxi, Wagonr vxi, A star zxi, Ritz zxi, Swift zxi, Dzire vxi and SX4 vxi.

Estilo- We didn’t liked the comfort in rear seats and the tyres were small so Estilo was ruled out.

Wagon r- We test drove the car and it was really nice. Nice head room and leg room and performance as well.

A star- The engine felt peppy but it wasn’t spacious so it was also ruled out.

Ritz- We test drove this car also and we were highly impressed with this car. We liked the tall boy design as well.

Swift- Swift had a waiting period for 2 months so it was also ruled out.

Swift dzire and SX4- both were too long and some portion of the car was remaining out of our garage so these were also ruled out.

Now the competition was between wagon r and ritz. We wanted black colour when enquired we found that black colour was only available in Ritz zxi and black wagon r vxi will take at least 2-3 months so Ritz Zxi was our final decision.
24th may 2010- Finally the day arrived we got a call from the showroom stating that our car is ready and we can take it. We went to the showroom at 3 o clock and first saw the car and did a thorough PDI. Everything was fine. We got some basic accessories like mud flaps, steering cover and floor mats. Then we went to the Maruti true value to sell our Alto. Believe me guys it was the saddest moment I had ever came across. On one side of heart i was sad of losing my alto and on other side was happy for new ritz. Finally handed over the keys of alto to the executive at the true value. With heavy heart came to the ritz. My father did the paper work and we left for our home. Reached home at around 5 30. We were quite happy for the new car.
Things i liked in the car-

1. Feeling of space in the cabin.

2. Engine smoothness, one needs to look at the tachometer to reassure oneself that the engine is indeed running.

3. Have to really keep a light foot on the accelerator. Speeds of 80-90 kmph are reached effortlessly.

4. The gearshift is good and each gear falls into place properly.

5. Driving position is very comfortable and the height adjustment lever is a boon.

6. The steering to handles well and isn’t as light as some other cars. It does allow you to feel the road and hence feel more in control.

7. The looks are surprisingly appealing and even the rear which is everyone's favourite bugbear looks much better in real life than in photos and it has started growing on me already.

8. AC is quite effective and cools the cabin in at most 2-3 min.

9. Suspension is quite good and handles the jerk quite well. The car feels stable at even a speed of 150kmph (the highest i have done yet).

10. Safety features- safety features like ABS with EBD and front airbags, seatbelts with pretensioners are a good safety features as well.

11. Factory fitted audio system- The car comes with Nippon CD player with aux port and 4 speakers in all doors.

12. Fuel economy-
City-15 kmpl
Highways- 16-17 kmpl

Things i don’t like-

1. No USB port in the music system.

2. Rear pillars- rear pillars act as a blind spot while reversing.

3. Rear parcel tray- the quality of the rear parcel tray does not feel good and does not go up with the boot lid as well.

Overall this is a very good car and is worth the money spent. I just love this car.[:D][:D][:D]
Hope you guys didn’t felt bored with my review.

Now i will let the pictures do the talking-

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: The Black Stallion – My Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi

7. The looks are surprisingly appealing and even the rear which is everyone's favourite bugbear looks much better in real life than in photos and it has started growing on me already.
Thanks for writing a quick and precise review. Why didn’t you considered other cars apart from Maruti Suzuki? I agree with the view that rear design might take time to get used to for some people, though I have never had objection with it and I still like it. Do upload more pictures (including interiors) and keep us updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Your Ritz is looking really nice in black. And that's a really nice and detail review.

Looks like you are truly a Maruti Fan since you only considered maruti cars in your buying decision.

Congrats for your Black Ritz,

I like the Face of Ritz but the rear is not upto my taste.

None of the colors will beat the look in Black[:)]

Thread Starter #5
Thank you all for such a quick reply....Actually we are using maruti cars for past 20 years so we have kinda faith on maruti. that's the only reason we didn't considered non maruti cars.

Thank you all for such a quick reply....Actually we are using maruti cars for past 20 years so we have kinda faith on maruti. that's the only reason we didn't considered non maruti cars.
It's good to see that Maruti has been serving you well for last 20 years and no doubt it's one of the best manufactures and provides low maintenance and good FE vehicles which are VFM.

I think new face lifted Ritz comes with Audio + 1 USB + 1 AUX.

Does anyone know whether Maruti Ritz is available with black interiors?

I saw it here :- "www.indiaoncars.com/news/wp/index.php/maruti/maruti-new-ritz-2012-changes-to-expect-7411/attachment/aug06-2012-maruti-new-ritz-interior-features-image/"

This looks good.

Personally, I haven't seen much black Ritz on road. So, at least for me, it looks a bit unique among Ritz.
By reading out the review itself, I made out that you people trust so much on maruti. Especially after reading about the test drive. All were Maruti! After all, they are one of a kind! [:)]
How much kms did you complete?

Thread Starter #11
@jihu123 Yes Black ritz are not so common but believe me it looks great.
Since Maruti is giving us trouble free motoring since 1992 so we trust Maruti[;)]
we completed 24595 Km till.

Last edited:
wonderful review sumit

Maruti is providing a fabulous service and you have become loyal Maruti customers for 20 long years & more

This is the kind of symbiotic relationship that both the stakeholders prefer in the auto world

Hats off to Maruti to no limits for such all weather beater products for so long consistently [:D]

Top Bottom