The Black Stallion – My Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Re: The Black Stallion – My Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi

Oh.. That's very bad. At least happy to hear that you and your friend are unhurt.

Oh My God - this is very very sad, but God Grace you are all ok. What a tragedy and it really hurts to me as a Ritz Owner, hope you use dashcam and everything are on the record, this is a Hit and Run & Dangerous Driving case for that Scorpio.

I'm feeling horrible to see your Car in that condition. I can't imagine the mental shock.

Very sad to know about the accident , and by God's grace you and co passenger escaped unhurt.
Knowing the fact you cranked up the engine after accident did you insurance claim get approved.

Re: The Black Stallion – My Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi

I'm Very sad to see the Black stallion met serious accident and you are safe sumit. I feel very bad for these days some of car drivers are don't even respect the human life and been very selfish....... in hit and run.

I know its quite hard to say , still I am saying , its better you leave this ride.
As it has met with continuous accidents.

The overall shell is weak , then post these 3 incidents. ( 2 Major and one minor)

bhvm

Honoured Member
Its very sad to see how events have unfolded. Thankfully you people are safe and well.
I wonder if you tried to apply brake urgently after Scorpio hit you? Or did he hit you with such a force that your small ritzy was thrown away?

Anyways, You should'nt have tried to force start the engine. As the car was on its side, Oil might have seeped into places where it should not have. Essentially giving you a Hyrdolock type situation.
In such cases, remove Injectors and Glow plugs, and crank the engines (Unplug Fuel pump relay) few times to flush out the oil. Then go for regular oil change then only start again.
Most engines do not do well with regards to oil at anything over 30~35 degree incline. The oil pickup may not have enough oil or too much of it.
Do keep us posted. And good luck on the repairs.

Thread Starter #97
Hello all, Updating this thread after a very long time. Happy to state that Black stallion has been repaired and is back in action again. Following repairs were carried out-
1) New Half Engine assy
2) Gear Box overhaul (New Bearings)- Just a precautionary measure
3) New suspension frame
4) Front suspension OH-- New lower stabliser bar, arms, bushes etc
5) Rear New Axle
6) Denting and painting of all panels

Team at Maruti Automobiles, my all time favorite ones, spent one full day in taking all chassis measurements and were surprised to see no chassis damage. Indeed, Ritz is a rock solid car.
I will be posting pics soon.
I also completed 800 km trip in this car, the car drives like a new car now. Will be changing engine oil to fully Synthetic at 1000km.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Very nice job done .Car is back and how !! Congrats for such a restoration (back from the accidental damage).You really love your Ritz,and Ritz is lucky to have you as an owner.
Can you please give the details of expenses done on this super job.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #101
Hello All,
Updating this thread again after a long time, again with a sad post. After 98k kms on the odo, and after 11 years, the family decided to sell the car and upgrade to something new. One of my friend came to rescue as he needed a second hand car for his official use. Since the car was going in safe hands, and the value was also much above what Maruti True Value was quoting with exchange bonus, the decision was made and finally the car was handed over to him yesterday.
With a heavy heart and happiness for the new one, sharing a few parting and final shots-

Attachments

Top Bottom