The Black Stallion – My Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi

Thread Starter #32
@jihu123 Thanks for the compliment.
The car has completed 4 services. 5th one to go in coming days.
So far NO problems faced with the car.

Thread Starter #33
Hello guys, its been a long time since i last updated this thread. Never thought i would update this thread with these kind of bad news, But still i have to.
Well, this update is about the first major repair work on my black stallion which involved- Dicky denting and painting, Bumper replace and paint, mudflap set change.
We were heading Tarapeeth (a temple in West Bengal) from Ranchi. Before 30 Kms from Tarapeeth it started to rain heavily and there was heavy windstorm also. We switched on the wipers, Headlamp in low beam, Front and rear fog lamps and hazard lights. Many trees started to fall on road also. One branch of a tree fell on our car also. It hit the driver's side roof and the windshield, but by god's grace nothing happened, Not even a single scratch to the car.

Feeling lucky, we started again for our destination and 15 Kms before Tarapeeth, a Tata indigo CS braked to avoid a fallen tree, That is when we also stopped. After about 5 Seconds , we heard a "Thud" sound from back side and the car moved ahead a little. Since, driver's foot was on the brake so the car didnt hit the indigo.
Looked back and it was a Ashok Leyland 2516 stick to our car.
Furious me and my driver came out of the car in the rain to see the damages and we saw the dent in the dicky, broken bumper and broken mudflap.
This was enough to piss me off and i lost my cool. What pissed me off more was that it was the same truck who was not letting us to overtake him before sometime and when we managed to overtake him, he was tailgating us from that time.
Brought down the driver and banged him on the road itself.
After some time calmed down and started our journey again with a hope for no more tragedies.
Finally at 5:00 PM reached Tarapeeth, checked in at the hotel and when rain stopped came back to the car to inspect the damages in detail.
Damages-
Dicky Dent
Bumper cracked
Mudflap Broken
Came back to Ranchi the next day and straightaway went to our trusted MASS where my 800 was already given for servicing. Transferred all luggages from Ritz to 800 and left Ritz there for Repairs. Insurance claim was done and work started the next day.
They dented the dicky and then painted; Replaced the Rear bumper and rear fog lamp, Mudflap set as one mudflap is not available with MGA.

Attachments

It really hurts when someone bangs your car! [anger] It's good see her back in shape, from next time onwards be careful with these type of truck drivers!
And one more thing, please don't use hazard lights during rain or fog. The driver behind you will not able to see your brake lights due to hazard lamps!
Sorry maybe I couldn't explain it properly so if you din't understood what I wanted to say then you can take the help of Google! [;)]

Thread Starter #36
@Bodhi, Yes bro, i am really glad to see her back in shape. Even though i trust our MASS guys and have seen their work on many other cars, i was still very much worried about the painting part, but they did it upto my satisfaction.
I will surely google the hazard light thing., But Ritz has a brake lamp above the rear glass also which is big enough for an approaching vehicle, So i see no reasons why one cannot see the brake light.
The truck banged my car only because he was driving rashly and was tailgating us.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37
Exactly 4 years before, the black stallion came to our life and added some awesome moments in our memory.
It has completed 37000 Kms with no mechanical or electrical problems in the car. It has served us very well.
No matter how hard i revved the engine on the open roads,
No matter how hard it went over a bump or a pothole,
No matter how rashly i have driven it,
It didn't complain.

Its just the routine service and checkup which i have done on this car and yes it has returned me fair amount of justice.
Today also, the engine is butter smooth and loves to be revved hard.
Doesn't make any squeaky noise from any corner.
Delivers nice mileage of 16 Kmpl on highways and 13-14 Kmpl in city.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY "THE BLACK STALLION" :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #41
Thanx a lot Varun.
@Arijitb Ritz's Rear bumper cost is Rs 1600. MASS took Rs 3000 for painting. So, its Rs 4600 in total.
@Varun Pics of both the cars-
(The first two pics are prior to restoration of my 800)

Attachments

Thread Starter #43
I suggest you to get the touch up done at MASS and live with it for the time being.
Touch up will eliminate rusting.
Normal touch up will cost you somewhere around Rs 300-Rs 500.
You can also try Scratch remover or rubbing polish. It can help you remove some scratch, not to the fullest. At places where paint chipping is less, polish or scratch remover may help.
At places where paint is chipped. you need to get the touch up done.
After touch up you will not be able to see the scratch from some distance.

Thread Starter #44
Hello Guys, Today i got my Ritz's 40,000 kms paid service done. The car has clocked 37000 Kms.
Since my 30000 kms service was done at 27,000 kms so, i am following 10,000 kms rule.
Car was running good with some noise from the front brake calipers. When opened it was found that the caliper slide pin was dry and Brake Pads were at the end of their life. So front brake pads were replaced and slide pins were greased with caliper grease.
Works Done-
Paid service- Washing, air filter, spark plugs, petrol filter cleaning, Engine Oil (MGO 5W-30), Oil filter, Nuts and bolts tightened, Coolant top up, Brake oil top up, Normal inspection.
Brake Pads Changed.
Front Brake Caliper slide pin greasing.
Wiper Blades Changed.
Everything was done at MASS- Maruti Clinic, Ranchi. Satisfied with the work done on my car.
Now the car has zero noise from front, Braking is far more better, car is running very smooth now.
Total bill was Rs 4,432

Attachments

Thread Starter #45
Some pics of the Brake Pads, caliper slide pins and comparison of old and new brake pads-

Attachments

Top Bottom