The Best Time To Buy a New Car in India

Re: The Best Time To Buy a New Car in India?

The best time to buy a car is when you have enough money in the bank and you have identified the best option :biggrin:
[:)] Probably the most practical answer and I completely agree with you.

Not necessarily the best time; but when a car is launched many company opt for aggressive pricing for initial period (introductory price). Swift, Figo and now XUV has followed this path. Its a good time to cash on.

Another time is to wait for a new model to launch and see the effect on existing players. Case in point being Honda City.
Generally, discounts are high during year end. Because whether you buy a car in Jan"** or Apr'** it does not make much impact on resale. But if it is Dec'** or Jan'**, it is definitely going to make some impact.

As far as your example on Honda City, I would prefer to buy a new car on Dec rather a phasing out model in any month. Because resale of a phased out model would be less if you compare with Dec purchased model.

That's what I feel. [thumbsup]

Read it somewhere i cannot recall,
One must deal with the SE guys at the month's ,because they are ready to give more discounts and freebies to reach the target and failing that,they would miss valuable bonuses.

According to me the best time is between Navrati to Diwali.This one months lot of discounts from dealer end as well good offers from company also.Most importantly 3 days Desharra ,
Diwali and Dhanteras.

Re: Which is best time in a year to buy new car?

Can we not book the deal somewhere say on 25th Dec & get the car registered & delivered on 1st week of Jan.
I purchased my car on 5th Jan 2009 from Dec quota (Discounts). Point to remember is Car registration date is now is 5th Jan 2009 however car production date is Dec 2008. Now if I try to sell my car to agent he valuates price based on Year 08 and not 09 so I get less price while selling.

Yes the festive seasons are a good time to buy but as mentioned by many people on this thread, december can get you good deals as it is the year end. And i would say March also because many companies have their financial calendars ending on 31 March. So they will obviously want to sell more as to get their numbers looking good[:)]

according to my opinion festival season at the end of the year is the best time for purchasing a car. that time you got lots of discount and offers so you can save money on your deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
with increasing competition and prices of petrol , every other company is offerig discounts on petrols through out the year. those seasonal discounts are still present.

Best time to buy a new car?

Hello All,

I have chosen Chevrolet beat to be my first car but now I am in a confusion of good time. Festive season is on and there are tiny offers coming and going. I want to know if it is good to book a car in october (around dussehra) or I should wait for Diwali offers?

Also, my friend told me that December is the best because at that time companies try to do clearance of their stock and offer huge discounts? On the other hand, I heard that offers are going to be similar or smaller than festive offers.

I should wait for december or book in this festive season of dussehra and diwali?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Best time to buy a new car?

Hello All,

I have chosen Chevrolet beat to be my first car but now I am in a confusion of good time. Festive season is on and there are tiny offers coming and going. I want to know if it is good to book a car in october (around dussehra) or I should wait for Diwali offers?

Also, my friend told me that December is the best because at that time companies try to do clearance of their stock and offer huge discounts? On the other hand, I heard that offers are going to be similar or smaller than festive offers.

I should wait for december or book in this festive season of dussehra and diwali?
i replied to your query in beat's thread and you mentioned that you don't want an outdated car so that stock clearance will be only for the old model ( a facelift is coming) and 2012 models wil have discounts in early months of 2013 so don't wait till december.

also i believe dussehra and diwali's offer will be similar.

anybody when's diwali [confused]

Re: Best time to buy a new car?

i replied to your query in beat's thread and you mentioned that you don't want an outdated car so that stock clearance will be only for the old model ( a facelift is coming) and 2012 models wil have discounts in early months of 2013 so don't wait till december.

also i believe dussehra and diwali's offer will be similar.

anybody when's diwali [confused]
Thanks for your reply, my thread is moved by mods. Are you sure that it is coming in Festive season? I heard that spark facelift is confirmed but I am just wondering if beat is coming in early 2013, if it will then I will wait for the facelift of beat rather than buying current model.

Diwali is on 13nov

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Top Bottom