The Best Time To Buy a New Car in India

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
So the festival season has kicked off already and car dealerships are packed with buyers rushing in to book their favourite car. This is one of the most exciting times of the year when it comes to car sales. During this entire phase, not only buyers are enthusiastic about car purchase but also the manufacturers out there, who attempt a variety of sales gimmicks to apparently offer the best possible deal for you. Whilst it sounds tempting but you would be wondering whether this is the only perfect time to buy a new car? Definitely not. Typically the festive season in India begins from Navratri onwards, in the month of September / October and continues until New Year. Quite certainly, not only this is considered as an auspicious occasion to make a buy a new car but is also very celebrating too. On other hand, by December - sales eventually drop down since majority prefers to receive delivery of vehicle in New Year. Hence, sales staff attempt harder to push for selling off the car. This translates into better scope of bargain for you. The discounts could sometimes be as healthy as over one lakh rupees (Depending upon model).

Sales persons attempt so to clear up remaining stock in their inventory and to meet the certain sales target. Depending on bargain skills (And of course luck) - You might end up driving away your favourite car at a mouth watering deal. Such techniques, however, may not be applicable for all instances, especially in case of cars which are in a huge demand and selling like hot cakes already (Present Examples include New Suzuki Swift, Honda Jazz). Another nice occasion for availing a better deal is when a car is on verge of getting phased out / or replaced with successor. Manufacturers sometimes throw up tempting discounts on such models. But whatever the case may be, usually one has to compromise for one thing to fetch a great deal. Such as in first case - The car will be a year old manufacture and in second case - The model that you buy will be phased out from the market. Both the cases may affect on resale value to an extent but doesn’t bothers you and if you're looking for a long term ownership – It could be worth a compromise. Just think about it. Also, remember to drop your valuable views and more suggestions on this topic.

Related Thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...87-monthly-discounts-schemes-indian-cars.html

The Best Time To Buy a New Car in India?

Considering points
1.Getting best deal - Maximum discount
2.Festive season?
3.December - year end
4.March - Financial year end
5.Depending up on Market situation
6.Any other

Re: Which is best time in a year to buy new car?

in my opinion the time between November and December are the best time to buy new car becouse in this period car sales is minimum as every one want new year model car and we can get realy good deals , another aspect in this period we all most cover every possible festive season offers .[thumbsup]

Best time totally depends on weather you prefer your car to be called a latest year model or you prefer monetary benefits.

If former is your type then best time is to buy in Jan-March. Your car would get the new year registeration and buying before march also helps getting pre financial year closure benefits.

If later is your preference, then you can but in Nov during Diwali or Dhanteras or in December for year end discounts.

Just one more trick I would like to share and this works irrespective of the month you are buying. Try negotiating the deal towards the end of the month, say around 25th. Every sales person/dealer has a monthly target to meet and they might be willing to give some extra discounts/freebies just to close the deal.

freakdude.

Hi, year end or new year is only best time to get best deal not in new car but old ones also.

Can we not book the deal somewhere say on 25th Dec & get the car registered & delivered on 1st week of Jan.

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team

Quite a co-incidence. I have a short article content prepared on this topic already for our forum. Let me post that soon.

EDIT: Now added in the opening post.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:

between November and December are the best time to buy new car becouse in this period car sales is minimum as every one want new year model car and we can get realy good deals , another aspect in this period we all most cover every possible festive season offers .[thumbsup]
Try negotiating the deal towards the end of the month, say around 25th. Every sales person/dealer has a monthly target to meet and they might be willing to give some extra discounts/freebies just to close the deal.
Besides this, monsoons are are good time as most people want to buy a new car "after the rains".

Can we not book the deal somewhere say on 25th Dec & get the car registered & delivered on 1st week of Jan.
That's what I did for my i10.

The best time to buy a car is when you have enough money in the bank and you have identified the best option :biggrin:
I'm still waiting for that time to arrive.

Re: The Best Time To Buy a New Car in India?

Best time to buy is before September so that you can claim depreciation for income tax refund!! It applies for independent professionals and businessmen only

While checking Eeco in July 2010 - discount on alto k10 was 8k
Then we booked Eeco in August - discount on alto k10 was 10k
Canceled Eeco and booked K10 in December - discount on alto k10 was 12k
Finally at the time of full payment in Jan - 2011 - discount on alto k10 was 15k
And when one of my friend purchased alto k10 in May 2011 it was - 18k
And now from last few months it is 20k [:D]

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team

This can be done but during the time of re-sale, an informed buyer can anyway make out from the VIN about the real manufacturing date (Only if your main intent here is to show the car new year registered on paper and not about receiving it on new year). In my case - I received the delivery of the car on 31st December which has apparently affected the resale value.

Drive Safe,
350Z

During the festival season when you buy a car, you are offered discount and also new offers are also given, so may be it is better time i think to buy a new vehicle.

Not necessarily the best time; but when a car is launched many company opt for aggressive pricing for initial period (introductory price). Swift, Figo and now XUV has followed this path. Its a good time to cash on.

Another time is to wait for a new model to launch and see the effect on existing players. Case in point being Honda City.

Yes sure its the best time to buy new cars as the year comes to end and festival and march is coming, in which many car will be launched so this is chances to get maximum discount option.

Top Bottom