The Best Diesel Hatch to Suit My Requirements!

Thread Starter #1
Planning to buy a new car. The requirements are listed below with details about average drive and budget. Though, there are quite a lot good options available in the market, I thought to wait for ANSwift. This wait is for comparison only and not that the decision is made on the ANSwift.

Let us discuss amongst petrol heads what is best suited for the requirements,

Requirements:
Body type: Hatchback
Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine capacity: 1.2 or more
Mileage: 15-18 or more
Seating capacity: 5 with combination of 5’-8” & 6’-0” either driving or seating behind
Boot space: at least 250 ltrs

Features:
AutoCC: Preferred
All power Windows with child lock,
Power steering ( tilt & telescopic adjustment would be added advantage)
OEM music system: Preferred with AUX/USB/BT

Drive: Everyday city: 30-40 KM; Weekend trips: 150-200KM (once a month); Monthly trip: 500-600 KM trip (highway);

Budget: 5.5 to 6.5 lacs

I am certain that the suggestions from fellow TAI members would help me take the most appropriate decision. I thank all the members in advance for sharing information and knowledge to help a decision sound good to rest of the world around me.

verna

Suspended
I think a wait for the all new Swift is worth it !! It suits your requirements ....
Buy a diesel one, the top-end variant (will come within 6.5 lakhs)
Its supposed to be more feature-loaded and more roomy than the old one [:)] with an improved look, how can you forget that ??? [:)]

All the best for your purchase and keep everyone informed !

Thread Starter #3
I hope the ZDi comes within 6.5 lacks on the ANSwift, however, I doubt it would. Do you think the rear leg-room wuold be okay in the ANSwift?

Hi FJ,

For your needs, I would suggest you to have a look into 2 cars.

Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium one. A best value for money car which has all you demand. Only drawback would be the absence of rear power windows.

Punto 1.3 Emotion pack which has all the features. May slightly go out of budget but a value for money.

IMO, Ford figo fits the budget. As your highway or long trips are not too much (once a month) and monthly run is around 500 kms odd, Figo is great car to own for the city driving. Zippy, doesnt feel like a diesel car, enough space inside and in the boot. Spaced out service intervals.

If you are ready to wait, go for Swift 2011. But personally I feel that its design has reached its age. Eyes demand something new[:)]

Thread Starter #8
FJC,
Based on your requirement I have drawn some analysis.

Hope that you will come up with more requirement and questions.
Thanks powerpacked for the detailed analysis. I will weigh this and come back with more questions soon.

I think i20 is 1.4 not 1.5?

AMG

Suspended

Looking at point #11, the i20, Punto and Swift shouldnt even be considered contenders.

So there my friend is the writing on the wall.
Either buy a Figo, or extend your budget.

verna

Suspended

Looking at point #11, the i20, Punto and Swift shouldnt even be considered contenders.

So there my friend is the writing on the wall.
Either buy a Figo, or extend your budget.
Dear Sir , To give you some "GYAAN", FIGO doesn't have power-windows for the rear... And that is the requirement in this case .... [;)]
And Swift Vs Punto, Punto has horrible A.S.S. compared to Swift and a wafer-thin dealership network !!
Now, Why would you be seeing so many Swifts on the streets if it weren't good ? You would be seeing all PUNTOS [lol]

Cheers !

Last edited:
Hey FJ Cruzer i think the budget which you have mentioned is the OTR price and not ex-showroom. So that should kick out the i20 CRDI , out of your budget.

New Swift is definitely worth the wait but with all those new features i think the ZDi will again be out of your budget. As other suggested i too would say go for Figo Titanium the best diesel hatchback for your budget.

Top Bottom