- Sep 7, 2014
- Delhi-NCR/ Mumbai
Effective Content Writing
Content writing is just like any form of art. Content plays a major role in putting across a point of view or a important information in the most effective manner. Every word and sentence that one writes to convey the message should be such that even in less number of words the message conveys the right intention.
Any topic being discussed on a public forum is majorly dependent on the content. Any forum/website success and failure mainly depends on the content it puts forward. We on the online media have to write in English, grammar is one part of effective content but equally important is the substance of the content being put up for the others/ guests to read.
Any Reader/ Online Visitor has a tendency to choose from plethora of the online contents available and at the same time there are certain writings which one wants to avoid at all cost. I have been an avid follower of online content and have been really very much influenced by some very well known writers and so I always have tried to write about effective content writing.
We all even in this forum are community of like- minded and knowledgeable enthusiasts and always make an attempt to raise the bar of effective content by our constructive contribution. Effective content so far has been instrumental in helping thousands of information seekers and in times to come effective content shall serve the needs of many more.
Though I am no Veteran in content writing however, based on my limited knowledge about effective writing and effective written communication that I gained through my MBA teachers and teachers at College and School, here are some tips for improvising on content writing and fine-tuning the content writing skills:
• One must at all times refrain from writing sentences that are repetitive in sense. Once or maybe twice it can be accepted but repeating them surely irritates readers and he losses interest altogether since the readers/ visitors don’t want to read the same message again and again.
• A basic and one of the most important aspects of effective content writing is to maintain the quality of the content. Quality of posts is extremely important for any online entity. A reader might not even look at the post if it doesn't have the desired quality. Quality is also determined by choice of words. Decent Vocabulary is always welcome. One may not be Oxford graduate but just by having a good grip on basic words can make all the difference.
• Also a post shouldn't be either too long nor too short like one word or a one-liner. If possible one can try to use interesting phrases and words instead of lengthy and boring sentences.
• Casual language to be avoided at all costs if dealing with a professional query on a professional board. It is highly possible that the reader may not be able to understand the short form and thus will loose interest. It is always better to write full words and proper sentences so that it pacifies the queries of the person and at the same time builds interests in the minds of the readers. Writings on social sites like FB/BBM/V-Chat can be casual though.
• Laughter and Humor are the best medicine to develop one’s interest so it is always going to be a boon if one understands the importance of humor and tries to add humor to lighten up the subject and make the readers feel at ease and peace. The best humor is natural humor and to develop humor the most important thing is excellent sense of humor. If the reader gets to smile while reading then believe me all the efforts made and time devoted is worth a million.
Buddies, this above article of mine is just a humble attempt to bring to light the fact how well can effective content help in re-solving the questions and showcasing elaborately one's ideas and messages on a subject.