The Automotive India: Fueling Petrol Heads Since 2008 (4 Years Celebration)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Happy Birthday, The Automotive India! [thumbswink] I’m delighted to inform that our beloved automotive community is celebrating 4 Years of uniting likeminded people together and establishing itself as one of the most reputed automotive portals in India within a very short span of its existence. The last 4 Years have passed like a breeze. Those memories of 25 November 2008 are still afresh for me, when I stumbled upon ‘create a forum’ link that has brought a drastic revolution in my life forever. I invited a few fellow petrol head buddies who joined then-little place, known as The Automotive India. That’s when kick-started a journey of our lifetime. A handful of us folks used to live TAI. We logged in regularly to discuss about what we like most – Automobiles. What else? Today, exactly after 4 Years, it’s a feeling of immense pride for me to recapitulate this on the same platform from where it all begun. Compared to 2008, I don’t think much has changed in the habits of members of this forum. As a typical The Automotive Indian, our day start with TAI and ends with it, except that we’re now 7,100+ in numbers as opposed to < 7 auto buffs on 25 November 2008.

Trust me; this year has been of great significance for our community. Let me to rewind to some of our accomplishments:

> The Automotive India’s growth rate has shot up threefold. Be it in terms of content, members or overall unique visitors.

> We upgraded to an all new high-performance server and hosting firm altogether to cope up with ever increase requirements like ours.

> Amazingly, 2012 has also been the year of TAI Meets. Goes to show the bonding of this close-knit family is only becoming stronger than ever.

> We’re first in reporting most of the major automotive events. Take any example: Auto Expo (Link) or much awaited launch of Tata Storme (Link).

> Similarly scoops aren’t uncommon either. TAI was first to unveil the name of Skoda sedan (Rapid) & confirm Storme’s launch date. Latest scoop: Link.

> The Automotive India undertook one-of-its kind endurance run – Ford Fiesta Powershift Drive from Mumbai to Bangalore straight in 14 Hours (Link).

> Based on member’s feedback, we rolled out new features such as dedicated mobile applications (free of cost) and revamped The Automotive India Marketplace.

> Above all, TAI is nominated for “Website of the Year” again. We already hold the title of “Best Website of the Year – 2011”. Result of this edition is still awaited.

I’d also like to acknowledge a couple of imp. feedback points that we have received: Road Tests and Merchandise. We are working on both already. The reviews will resume shortly while The Automotive India’s brand new merchandise will roll out anytime in the beginning of 2013. Please note that The Automotive India is completely an autonomous portal and we take pride in being one. We’re not funded by automotive industry anyway and we’ll do best to resume road tests as soon as possible, even if it means arranging the cars on an individual level (as we always have been doing so far). What’s more in store is something unique coming up this December.

Lastly, a warm thanks to each one of the 7,100+ member of TAI, the diligent moderation team + former team members (Zinam, Akash, Iron Rock, Cooldhaya, Raj_5004, Shynish_M, Shailinder, Vishwas) who have untiringly supported The Automotive India all the times, including a lot more people who’re supporting us from the backstage in an effort to literally make TAI – “Fuel” for Petrol Heads. It’s been an awesome experience hitherto and I’m sure that 2013 will be no different. After all, as someone rightly said “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”. So true. Isn’t it? :smile:

Niow sharing some of the interesting posts by various members in concern to the unique addiction called “The Automotive India”.

My subscribed threads is increasing day by day. And my precious time on studies is decreasing day by day!
I spent most of the time browsing TAI. Its great forum which consists of great ownership/Test drive reviews and here all members incl. Admin and mods are supportive. Its place hang on and gain some knowledge related to cars and bike :D
You won't believe guys, this Saturday I had to be in office the whole day for a client presentation. After the presentation, in casual talks with the client, somehow in some context he asked me "so, what's your handle on this" and i replied "freakdude", and I went blank on him and all he could say was "sorry??"

TAI addiction I must say!!!
My day Starts in TAI and ends in TAI. Again it starts in TAI and ends in TAI....story continues... :)
I'm feeling sleepy since I slept only 5 hours. But still I'm going on browsing TAI!
Its 6 am and instead of going on a morning walk my first work everyday is TAI. Whole day passes loaded with work and hence I find this time my pure TAI time. Hehe, now I have started following TAI religiously!!
Man Now I really understand the crux of this thread. For past 2 weeks, as soon as I got into office am opening this page in a tab. and keep checking for every 10 mints. I think earlier I used to do this between my works. Now it is ulta. I work between TAI. Lol.
TAI is savior for many users, before joining TAI I was totally a naive in this field but now I am one of the experts in my friend circles and had helped many friends . I love to read TAI but I am lil shy in posting where my knowledge is less. But of course TAI window will always be open when I am browsing say TOI, Facebook etc etc. Even these days my wife is getting interest at TAI as she also got educated and she gets edge in her office :).
Everyday without fail. Got addicted to it like facebook and orkut!
I visit TAI atleast once a day as am addicted to it. *This has become a routine to me like *checking personal emails.
Actually I was out of town for a wedding. I had stayed in the marriage hall itself. I have not taken my lappy/data card with me. and being it is my sister's daughters wedding i had lot of work. Even in that situation I was thinking about TAI a lot. And really scolded myself for not having a good android phone with me.
Inspite of my daily routines, i have added this to my favourites and i ll be checking frequently with along with my emails, god can't leave without this, now i can say i am addicted.

024.jpg

The-Automotive-India-4th-Anniversary.jpg

The-Automotive-India-4th-Anniversary-Cake.jpg

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
Re: The Automotive India: Fueling Petrol Heads Since 4 Years.

Note: Thread Now Live from T.I.P Section.

Drive Safe,
350Z

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAI! A million thanks to 350Z, all members & the team of moderators.
OT: It is a mouthwatering cake, the logo is well put.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAI !!

It looks like 4 year journey very fruitful with lot of knowledge sharing, lot many super brains as members, lot of discussions, lot of chit chat, lot of arguments, lot of debates, lot of OT, lot of attacks, lot of PMs, lot of meets what not !!

Its been a wonderful experience for me being here and finding new Auto lovers always and making new friends, learning a lot on Automobiles and finally a very good and member friendly support team !!

It has literally became my side office simultaneously with my huge tasks on the other side, believe me because of TAI, I am almost all happy all the time handling my tasks at office, to be away from any bad mood, really I just visit TAI and all my worries will vanish like passing clouds !![:)]

I am happy to be part of a wonderful and the best Auto forum of India and hope to do well in comings years too !! Kudos to Vibhor and team TAI !!

HAPPY REVVING TAI !!

Last edited:

First, I would like to wish TAI a very happy birthday and has so many reviews, meets, debates etc etc in coming year.

TAI Happy birhtday - 4th year.png

I had wonderful time with TAI for past 2 years [nearly] even though was very active only for past 1 year. I had very good friends and brothers [a kid like too, Vipul are you there?[;)]] and I would like to Thank TAI and all the mods for giving us such a good opportunity to share, know, fight, chit chat anything and everything about auto mobiles starting from electric cycle to single powered helicopter.

this has been an amazing experience so far
I have gained so much insight from purchasing to maintaining my ride and have almost recommended site to my peers
i specifically like the automotive shopper and technical section

Happy Birthday TAI! My wishes are always with you to keep winning more hearts like mine. I would also take this opportunity to thank the owners and mods of TAI who have done a commendable job! [clap] [cheers]

Happy Birthday TAI

I joined this forum in October, and believe me from that period I got addicted to this awesome community. It has every ingredient to make every member glued. Why I like TAI :-
1) Good supportive ADMIN, MOD and fellow members.
2) Good forum layout and easy to read
3) Indian and Global News
4) Nostalgic era: I really like old things which can be anything from automobiles, TV, Newspaper or anything :)
5) Automotive reviews : Test drive, Ownership and dealer review
6) The voyage junction: As I like to travel to new places a lot.

How I browse TAI mostly ;)
IMG_0916.jpg

Last edited:

My best wishes to The Automotive India: 350Z & team, and all the members[cheers]. This is a joint effort and it would be fair enough to say that without the support of the active members, this would not have been possible. May TAI grow by leaps and bounds[clap].

Happy Birthday TAI . Let the fun continue for years and years ahead .

Wishing TAI a very very Happy Birthday!!!! May we celebrate this day every year together.
BTW, excellent write-up Vibhor, just went all emotional reading it, feel really special to be a part of this excellent community.

Kudos to TAI mods for keeping this community the way it is!!

freakdude.

Happy birthday to TAI, wishing you all the best and good luck for many more success stories in future. It's a wonderful few months with you and I am sure in coming times my association with you guys will continue for forever.

Hats off to all you guys for maintaining this forum and to all the members for value addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom