The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2019: Your Voice. Your Choice.

The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2019 Award Goes To...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
1-png.png

A very Happy New Year 2020 to all TAI-gers. We’re back with the 8th edition of The Automotive India Car Of The Year. Started as a humble effort to encourage new advancements and quality products in the Indian automobile industry, TAI-COTY awards have come a long way since their inception. The results are real-time and fully transparent in the public poll. You are free to cast the vote for a car of your own choice. However, we do recommend taking into account the following aspects that a typical Indian car buyer looks for:
  • Fuel Efficiency
  • Value For Money
  • Looks and Design
  • Safety and Security
  • Comfort and Features
  • Engine and Performance
  • Brand Image and After-Sales Service
Note
  • This poll is open for a period of complete one month (From Jan 1, 2020 – Jan 31, 2020).
  • Only all-new cars launched in India between Jan 1, 2019 to Dec 31, 2019 are nominated.
  • Quick facelifts do not qualify. High-end cars are kept out too considering their minor market share.
  • The registered members can cast a vote. If you're unregistered and wish to vote, please register first (it's quick and free).
  • TAI-COTY 2018 Edition (Winner Mahindra Marazzo): The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2018 Your Voice. Your Choice.

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
And the nominees are…

Maruti Suzuki S-Presso

Maruti Suzuki S-Presso.jpeg

Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R

Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R.jpg

Renault Triber

Renault Triber.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Nios

Hyundai Grand i10 Nios.jpg

Hyundai Venue

Hyundai Venue.jpg

Mahindra XUV300

Mahindra XUV300.jpg

Nissan Kicks

Nissan Kicks.jpg

Kia Seltos

Kia Seltos.jpg

MG Hector

MG Hector.jpg

Tata Harrier

Tata Harrier.jpg

Hyundai Elantra

Hyundai Elantra.jpg

Honda Civic

Honda Civic.jpg

Hyundai Kona

Hyundai Kona.jpg

Toyota Camry

Toyota Camry.jpg

BMW 3-Series

BMW 3-Series.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Voted for KIA Seltos. A new car brand with a good recall here among the customers in a short span. A value for money offering in my view as it has ample number of variants to choose from based on one's requirement. Looks handsome and adding to that the recent ANCAP 5 star rating and finally strongly and steadily capturing the market in India with reasonably good sales numbers.

Regards
Akash

I voted for Kia Seltos - even though there are plenty of niggles reported , the way Kia has charted out the product variants and how well it has studied the market needs appreciation , especially , everyone has a pick . A fully loaded diesel auto (Pun intended for Hyundai ) , A performance oriented Turbo Charged Petrol , also with 7 speed DCT . How it addresses the different niggles (basically i think its due to different driing styles - one who is driving in a hilly terrain had an issue with thermostat (radiator ) , a Kochi based guy had issue with heating of Auto transmission box , and thereby not switching from d2 to d3 , these kinds of issues maybe 1 in 10 or 1 in 100 , still it needs addressal .
Harrier was also a good choice , but for me , Tata hasn't catered to many people's taste (especialy those who want an upgrade within segment - say one looking for a 20L budget , XUV still has an upper hand ) .
Great going Kia .

Nairrk

Honoured Member
No doubt it is going to be Kia Seltos. (Last month, I have voted for Kia Seltos in another forum when there was no crash test rating was available) But now the car received 5 Star rating from ANCAP and definitely she is the winner.

2nd time, I am voting for Seltos.!

For me its the Harrier, where Tata are giving a truly best looking car across the segment. Safety features not compromised, landrover pedigree. Seltos was a close second for me.

I Voted for Renault Tiber because this car created a segment of it own and seems it has versatile seating pattern which could be used as a spacious 5 seater and sparingly 7 when needed.

Close Second was Harrier, but Triber has a lot of potential.

Cheers !!

SG

bhvm

Honoured Member
I ended up Voting for KIA seltos.
The Harrier came as a close second, mostly due to my Soft corner towards TATA. However, when I look back at what I expected from TATA, Harrier is a Disappointment. I feel they have not really tried to deliver their best.
It could've tried chasing my vote if it has 4x4 and a more square body.

Voted for the Renault Triber. It is an amazing package for it's price. Best for families who are in a budget.
I like the Harrier, but Tata didn't plan the product well enough and were arrogant enough to provide faulty 2018 Prototypes to showrooms as test drive cars. Entirely the manufacturers fault.
Seltos didn't impress me in any way, be it engine, specs or size. If you remove all the tech and fancy features, it starts to look like another Modified Creta or an i20 on stilts. (No offense to anyone though)

Honda Civic. This car is most likely going to be my next car, though it is some years away.

I personally like the looks of this car. I love low seating position. Any car that is lower, wider I am a big fan of it. It gives an impression that it is a drivers car. It also has independent multlink rear suspension which is a big plus. Indian version engine are efficient not performance oriented but for me the biggest problem is lack of manual transmission, a good 6 speed manul transmisson is a must for me, which is not available on petrol for some reason.

Voted for Honda Civic. It is really a head turner like the MG Hector and Kia Seltos.

Like the looks and design of the car and it is quite efficient and it really does stand out in the crowd in terms of design. But it would have been better when they have launched the sportier version of it in india. Lower seating might be a cons for many persons but more lower and wider your car is, more fun to drive. Even though it doesn't have a petrol manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom