The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2018: Your Voice. Your Choice.

The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2018 Award Goes To...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted for the Marazzo, as among the contenders I felt its one of the best launches this year. It has a good engine, premium interiors, great looks, considering the brand and the segment, and is well priced.
Though its quite close to the XUV in terms of pricing, it has its own set of virtues which would make a person pick it over a XUV, and these wont cannabilize each other's market. I have already seen a few Marazzo taxis in my office campus, so it looks like its going to give competition to the Innova, at least in the Taxi segment.
Ertiga would be the next pick, but Marazzo's 4 star rating and premium interiors stole my vote.
Honda Amaze has done a great job to bring in the CVT+ diesel combination, but I still cannot get over its looks. Usually the design of a cars grows on you in a few months, but that has not been the case with Amaze. Every time I see the car, I feel most of the design is an after thought. In comparison the earlier Brio extension design was less offensive. Also the lack of automatic top variant means that you don't get cruise control on the automatic version, which in my opinion is a great combination, which Honda failed to provide.

I am disappointed not to see the Tata JTP Twins and the Ford Freestyle here. While I agree the platform and the chassis for these cars were already there, we should not ignore the effort put in by the manufacturers to bring in some great petrol engines for the enthusiasts. The Freestyle with its ESP+6 airbags package is a class leader in the market in terms of safety.

I know TAI Car of the year is gonna be Marazzo , still I felt to take a different road- Mahindra Alturas

As I have driven it , I can really say its gonna be game changer like XUV
I first thought of putting a review report , but as its not my vehicle , I didn't do it.(If all others feel that I should put a Review , I will try to )

Advantages-
1. Vehicle meeting luxuries beyond what the segment offers (9 Airbags,360 deg camera,Dual zone climate control, Winter-Summer Coolant Preheat function, Ventilated seats+Nappa leather, 420Nm torque , etc)
2.7 Speed Gtronic transmission - Built by Mercedes
3. Price - Onroad in Trivandrum 27L

Disadvantages-
1.Vehicle dimension, slightly disproportionate in sides , width is bit more pronounced , thereby tight to manoeuvre in and around city as well as hilly narrow roads.
2.Ingress and exgress , slight difficult , due to the height of vehicle , a footstep as accessory is must
3. Based on Rexton , can't really say whether it will make a hit by numbers in sales, also can't say whether service centre has qualified technicians , as well as exclusive service to this one

Definitely Marazzo. It fills in a void segment between Ertiga and Innova. Does most of what Innova can and even excels at some. Has good features too. Mahindra looks to have made a capable engine this time which has loads of power and is refined as well. Very practical and spacious car with nice interiors and road presence. Very strong with the body on frame design and 4star Gncap ratings.

Honda amaze, this conpact sedan has broken the notion of VFM car by honda.
The compact sedan itself is full of dzire, xcent, ameo but this petrol powered honda is awesome.

Honda Amaze.
This is coming from someone who does not like compact sedan. I would probably buy the petrol manual if I was in a market for a new car. Few thinsg I do not like are not having rear ac vents, rear headrest.

Last edited:
No, the cars in the list are the cars launched last year. There have been no launches by Skoda last year, hence its not there on the list.Skoda Kodiaq was the last launch which was in 2017.
Sorry for the wrong info post by me.even if they launch karoq this year, it won't make it to the list for the reason that I have mentioned above.

Sorry for the wrong info post by me.even if they launch karoq this year, it won't make it to the list for the reason that I have mentioned above.
Thanks for the clarification. However, I don't think such a thing would be done for the nominations. I am sure the car would be in the nominations, but it would be upto the voters to decide its fate.
The Skoda Kodiaq was nominated in the 2017 awards and did get a few votes. While I agree that Skoda's service has a lot of scope for improvement, I know quite a few people who are happy with their Skoda cars and would pick up another Skoda for upgrade.
The service has been a hit or miss, and now with Skoda giving long term warranties, many enthusiasts are happy to go for the brand.
Link for 2017 COTY

Thanks for the clarification. However, I don't think such a thing would be done for the nominations. I am sure the car would be in the nominations, but it would be upto the voters to decide its fate.
The Skoda Kodiaq was nominated in the 2017 awards and did get a few votes. While I agree that Skoda's service has a lot of scope for improvement, I know quite a few people who are happy with their Skoda cars and would pick up another Skoda for upgrade.
The service has been a hit or miss, and now with Skoda giving long term warranties, many enthusiasts are happy to go for the brand.
Link for 2017 COTY
Condensation Issue in Headlights

Request to Members:
224 members voted last year for TAI COTY-2017 award.
As we are approaching the half way mark, so far only 67 members have cast their votes.
Request members to actively participate to select TAI COTY-2018[thumbsup]

Thanks

Hello TAI Members,

When Vibhor posted yesterday, there were crtain number of votes. 24 hours later, Vote-count has not increased much. THAT doesn't feel nice.

I request other active members to post some observation(s) in THIS thread once every 6 hours, so that THIS thread remains visible under "New Posts"; might help more Members to locate thread easily and caste their choice.

My first choice is obviously Amaze. Second one would be the new swift. From back with led lights it looks good. From inside and front I used to like it but now some how I do not think it looks that special. Also no door handles for rear IMO is little awkward than sporty. Alloys too not of my liking. But having said that this would still be my second car from the list and would fit my budget.

SUZ and MPV is not even an option for me. Mini Cooper is cool but countrymen is like a crossover or wagon. Saw it few days back from the side, what a turn off. Mini is suppose to be 2 door only with soft roof top IMO. I do not like the looks of Santro and it has 3cyl engine which is a turn off for me. Apparently 3cyl are now really suppose to be good for city but I would give it a miss.

So my third option would be Yaris. Best in safety and nice comfortable car and I am sure it will last forever. Though I am not sure I would buy this.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30

350Z

Core Team
Just bumping up for those who've missed this thread. Just eight more days to go.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom