The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2018: Your Voice. Your Choice.

The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2018 Award Goes To...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A week left for the announcement of TAI Car of the Year.
I guess the winner is very clearly leading the race.
Only 91 votes,
TAI-gers, it takes just a min to vote, please participate.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Seeing the level of participation on this thread which is an annual one and a very significant one, I really feel sorry. Till now, not even 100 Votes?? Come On guys, We are all capable of doing far better. Each year, it is not like 100 cars would launch. 2018 had lesser number of launches probably compared to earlier years but that shouldn't be the yardstick of participation on this thread. As a part of the forum, I really had very high hopes with the 20K+ members. This voting isn't something I thought of considering our collective love and admiration for the cars all round the year.

On my part, as a suggestion, Perhaps the core team should re-think about COTY award of TAI from 2020 onward. A lot of time, effort and logistics is involved in it as far as I know and with this type of participation the entire idea behind it kind of gets pushed back.

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
What I can see is that those members who are visiting the forum, now-a-days, have almost voted. However, there seems many older and senior members were not showing up and that's what really missing the count here.

Not sure the reason behind it, but of course it is individual choice to participate in forums or not and all depends how each one is placed in now - some may be busy with their studies, job, traveling etc. which can be preventing them to attend the forum on a daily basis. May be I am wrong, but have seen many forums are sometimes missing the old /senior guys from the attendance list. [roll]

My vote simply goes to Marazzo, no other manufacturer has worked as hard as Mahindra in last one year.
They have actually launched the right product, at right price and in right position; there was this huge gap between Ertiga and Hexa; which BR-V was trying hard to fill. now the people who want a car bigger than Ertiga and at a cost lower than Hexa; have a superb bang for the buck option.

And dare I say, it has got one marvel of an engine in the 1.5 mHawk; it has the downsides of a small block pulling a heavy car, but the way it works is still appreciable.

Thread Starter #36

350Z

Core Team
The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2018 is...Mahindra Marazzo! Thanks to TAIgers who participated in the poll. Congrats to Mahindra for this feat. Marrazo is a commendable product indeed. Good to see our homegrown auto-makers coming up with cars that match international standards. We’ll be in touch with Mahindra to hand-over the trophy. [thumbsup]

Mahindra-Marazzo-TheAutomotiveIndia-Car-Of-The-Year-2018.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well many replies would come saying that "i knew Marazzo is gonna win the competition" and mine is also one of them. Mahindra really had done great job on Marazzo. This is a made in india car which could scare the hell out of the jap/chinese competition. Hats off to mahindra for such a nice job!!

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Congratulations Mahindra for making a beautiful and powerful Car and thereby winning this TAICOTY award.[cheers]

Thanks to all members and special Thanks to TAI team who has been honouring best car makers with this award every year.[clap]

Congrats to Marazzo for winning COTY-2018 and to M/s Mahindra for giving a very good product to Indian Consumers [clap]

I am happy that the one i voted, won the Title and the one i picked as my 2nd choice (Amaze) became the Runner up.
It was surprising to see Volvo XC40 to have finished 4th, by trailing wee-bit behind the 3rd placed Yaris. [cheers]

Kudos to all TAIgers who participated in the Poll [thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom